If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you...
Jun 19, 2021 at 11:16 AM Post #16,861 of 19,253
37.jpg

Found this which compares the ER4B, ER4S, ER4P. The ER4B is weird it super flat yet sounds full, with treble clarity I've yet to see on anything else.

Jun 20, 2021 at 7:23 AM Post #16,863 of 19,253
It seems there's an ER-4B lobby in this topic and they rise from the grave every now and then.
The only time I realized It was a thing when many kept claiming the ER4 BA driver struggles with Treble & ignoring how it can do 20Hz - 18KHz. By using charts that suffer from artifacts at 5 ~ 20KHz area or hiding behind the ER2XR having no clue it was using a 5.8mm DD almost the same size as the ER4S Driver?. The ER4B tuning is really hot, The ER4SR with 3db boost above 10KHz sounds better.

Jun 25, 2021 at 4:46 PM Post #16,864 of 19,253
Hi all just a heads up ..I have a few packs of er4 filters that I have spare if anyone is interested ??? Don't own the 4xr anymore so surplus to requirement. ...I know these are getting hard to get hold of hence the reason why I bought a few packs when I could and I'm not looking for silly money.
I have an ad in the classifieds so check it out if interested ... want to see these go cos the 4xr are excellent but the er4 filters are getting a hard find so would like a user get them to keep the etys nice and crisp , I know from owning experience these do need a change once in a while.

Jun 25, 2021 at 4:55 PM Post #16,865 of 19,253
Hi all just a heads up ..I have a few packs of er4 filters that I have spare if anyone is interested ??? Don't own the 4xr anymore so surplus to requirement. ...I know these are getting hard to get hold of hence the reason why I bought a few packs when I could and I'm not looking for silly money.
I have an ad in the classifieds so check it out if interested ... want to see these go cos the 4xr are excellent but the er4 filters are getting a hard find so would like a user get them to keep the etys nice and crisp , I know from owning experience these do need a change once in a while.
Are the filters really that difficult to find? Etymotic's site are selling 6 packs for 16 bucks (grey, green, orange, red, white). Granted I own the SR (not XR) so I'm not sure if the filters would be any different (I want to assume they wouldn't).

Jun 25, 2021 at 5:08 PM Post #16,866 of 19,253
T
Are the filters really that difficult to find? Etymotic's site are selling 6 packs for 16 bucks (grey, green, orange, red, white). Granted I own the SR (not XR) so I'm not sure if the filters would be any different (I want to assume they wouldn't).
To be honest I don't know ??? Maybe they are different or stopped making the original green filters which the one's I own are ....all I do know is these particular filters as in to get the exact code and product are virtually impossible to get, I know because that's why I grabbed them when I could ..I know the price of them originally with tool was about £20 for the tool plus 2x sets of filters .
If someone else could chime in if they are different??? ....I think maybe the different colour fit the er2 but not sure ??? And maybe the colour coding changes tuning on some of there newer iems but again not sure??
Would be great if someone knows as not had any experience with etymotic in a while and technically I'm out of the game...

Jun 25, 2021 at 5:13 PM Post #16,867 of 19,253
My apologies again , I should say these are/were hard to get in Europe as I tried to import From etymotic and wanted silly money for shipping or wouldn't ship to Europe, or didn't have them ...I honestly can't remember which but thanks for the heads-up I may just delete the ad and throw them away

Last edited:
Jun 25, 2021 at 5:22 PM Post #16,868 of 19,253
Yup just tried to order from etymotic to UK ..59 dollars shipping, Rediculous! ....so il redo the ad , as I said I just want to help someone to keep there etys going for a while and if etymotic are charging extautionate shipping costs then il drop the price so someone in Europe gets them at a fair price

Anyway thanks for the heads up il change the ad now.

Jun 25, 2021 at 5:33 PM Post #16,870 of 19,253
My apologies again , I should say these are/were hard to get in Europe as I tried to import From etymotic and wanted silly money for shipping or wouldn't ship to Europe, or didn't have them ...I honestly can't remember which but thanks for the heads-up I may just delete the ad and throw them away
Oh, if you're in Europe, definitely keep that ad up. I can be them being more difficult to get outside the US/NA.

Jun 25, 2021 at 5:50 PM Post #16,871 of 19,253
Oh, if you're in Europe, definitely keep that ad up. I can be them being more difficult to get outside the US/NA.
I will
etymotic are like you said and in your link are charging 16 dollars for 6 filters (3 pairs) plus shipping (don't know what that is in the states) ....but 59 dollars shipping to the UK lol ....if anyone in Europe wants some send me a message , honestly check around there almost impossible to get.

Jun 26, 2021 at 6:05 AM Post #16,872 of 19,253
I will
etymotic are like you said and in your link are charging 16 dollars for 6 filters (3 pairs) plus shipping (don't know what that is in the states) ....but 59 dollars shipping to the UK lol ....if anyone in Europe wants some send me a message , honestly check around there almost impossible to get.
I was also looking for the filter-tuning-set but I was not able to find them in the EU anywhere. I will send a mail to the German distributor. Stay tuned.

Jun 26, 2021 at 6:16 AM Post #16,873 of 19,253
I was also looking for the filter-tuning-set but I was not able to find them in the EU anywhere. I will send a mail to the German distributor. Stay tuned.
Well I have some if needed ... but in Europe almost impossible to find like I said , really don't want to throw them away but not prepared to give away either. .. fair price for some genuine er4 filters is all I want and it's honestly more to help someone else out , because they do get clogged and it does definitely affect the sound over time , I owned er4xr for 4 years and changed mine probably once a year.

Jun 26, 2021 at 11:06 AM Post #16,875 of 19,253

Users who are viewing this thread

Back