If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you...
May 23, 2021 at 2:40 PM Post #16,831 of 19,252
Just got a custom impedance adapter for ER3SE.
Does anyone know what value the resistor is inside? 23 ohms?
Capture+_2021-05-24-01-32-30.png

May 23, 2021 at 3:23 PM Post #16,833 of 19,252
Does anyone know what value the resistor is inside? 23 ohms?Capture+_2021-05-24-01-32-30.png
Seems like 24ohm. Hope it was cheap, cause those resistors certainly are.

May 23, 2021 at 6:21 PM Post #16,835 of 19,252
Does anyone know what value the resistor is inside? 23 ohms?
4-band resistor color chart

24 +-1% ohms. looks like a pretty precise resistance value they put on for you. You're good. You got an ER4SE with it now. That 1 ohm and the minute tolerance will make hardly a difference.

I like the tolerance value on those resistors, only +- 1% . It looks well made, the maker even put insulator around the resistors so they don't short out each other. Where did you get this adapter?

Wilderness Labs Developer Portal 5-23-2021 3-26-42 PM.png

Last edited:
May 23, 2021 at 10:21 PM Post #16,839 of 19,252
24 +-1% ohms. looks like a pretty precise resistance value they put on for you. You're good. You got an ER4SE with it now. That 1 ohm and the minute tolerance will make hardly a difference.

I like the tolerance value on those resistors, only +- 1% . It looks well made, the maker even put insulator around the resistors so they don't short out each other. Where did you get this adapter?

Wilderness Labs Developer Portal 5-23-2021 3-26-42 PM.png
Ah, thank you. This is very helpful.

I ordered it on the local builder while attaching this Reddit thread https://www.reddit.com/r/headphones...ding_to_measurements_the_er3xr_can_become_an/ , so he understands what I mean.

At first, the impedance adapter he made failed because he used an SMD resistor. No sound came out from there.

Then he rebuilt it with a regular resistor. It was quite difficult to get a resistor of that value in my country, he had to order this resistor in China and I had to wait for him quite a while.

Luckily, the results were good.

May 23, 2021 at 10:32 PM Post #16,840 of 19,252
Ah, thank you. This is very helpful.

I ordered it on the local builder while attaching this Reddit thread https://www.reddit.com/r/headphones...ding_to_measurements_the_er3xr_can_become_an/ , so he understands what I mean.

At first, the impedance adapter he made failed because he used an SMD resistor. No sound came out from there.

Then he rebuilt it with a regular resistor. It was quite difficult to get a resistor of that value in my country, he had to order this resistor in China and I had to wait for him quite a while.

Luckily, the results were good.
On Mouser, the closest SMD resistance is 23.2 ohm with the lowest tolerance of .05%. Very precise. SMDs are nice due to the compactness. It will fit in a tight area. Challenging to work with due to the size as well.

So yes, it's easier to find such values with SMD resistors, so no surprise he tried to build it with one.

Last edited:
May 24, 2021 at 6:09 AM Post #16,841 of 19,252
Curious which opinions about BA tech you perceived were passed off as facts?

That the lightning fast decay is a issue despite the same people will hype the planar/electrostatic tech for the same speed. There used to be to two trolls who would bash the ER4 decay but hype the LCDX or L300ltd as being better than dynamic tech. But If some praised the ER4SR they would reply how your stupid and then hype the ER2XR right after bashing dynamic tech as being worse than planar/Electostatic while being very hostile about it. I'm sure one of the two called me the R word few times when I posted how the ER4S could cope with a hefty bass boosts.

Those one of the two made 4 accounts to 4 different sites to bash anyone who liked the ER4's bass, I'm not even joking about that. He was at his most hostile on Reddit though.

Last edited:
May 24, 2021 at 11:42 AM Post #16,843 of 19,252
Hi! I would like to know what these tips and cables are on your Etys! And on what sources and genres of music do you like them? That's a lot of questions I know😁
There's so many custom stuffs in the pic, LOL. The tips are actually from my BLON BL-Mini, S sized. And I matched and hacked it up with Shure Tri Flange stem to fit ER Series nozzle. The cable is custom DIY I did myself, again hacked from TRN OFC cable and re-terminated with aftermarket Chifi MMCX Beryllium plugs. Finally the plug is 2.5mm balanced plug, aftermarket as well. And of course the 2.5mm is mated with another custom 47 Ohm SE adapter :ksc75smile:

May 24, 2021 at 12:24 PM Post #16,844 of 19,252
The tips are actually from my BLON BL-Mini
Andy - is that the new noodle looking IEM?
How do you like it? Did you post impressions (or review) anywhere?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back