If you had to put a price on Beat by Dre
Jan 4, 2011 at 6:15 AM Post #31 of 67

Quote:
I'm sorry but I would say $80-100 USD, (I rate looks quite high, not as high as sound quality though)

I think your inventory bears out that statement. :drool:

Normally I would say "Welcome to Head-Fi, and sorry for your wallet," but it looks like your wallet is already either very fat or very, very sorry. 
cool.gif

Jan 4, 2011 at 12:59 PM Post #33 of 67

Quote:
Quote:
I'm with glasslike. I'd price them around $80 since they're noise cancelling, and I don't think the sound is too terrible.  Then again, I've only listened to them at Best Buy where you can only demo them with low quality files.

Do you really think they are using low quality files on the displays?  If anything they are using highly eq'd files that over exaggerate their sound quality.  What you are hearing on those displays is how terrible they actually are.  They sound like crap.  The studio's are halfway decent and I would probably price them at around 50-60, but but he solo's sounded horrendous.  I could hear no highs at all, and the mids were on some other planet they were so distant.  

nobody knows what music format or files they use on the displays, but they sure as hell have been adultered in some way

Jan 5, 2011 at 4:35 PM Post #35 of 67
Solo's - $30

Studio's - $80

Jan 5, 2011 at 5:30 PM Post #36 of 67
There is one more problem about the studios besides the bad SQ, which is they are active noise cancelling cans. Try name one active can on the market that could live up to its price in terms of SQ, and I don't think there is any. 
I consider that monster making the studio a active can is simply trying to cover up the bad SQ and justify its stupid price tag.
mad.gif

But talking about the solos, I agree with most the ppl here that they only worth a price tag of $30-$50

Jan 5, 2011 at 8:47 PM Post #38 of 67
Quote:
I don't mean any disrespect, both to the OP and to the forum goers, but as a relatively new Head-Fi'er I'm curious: why is it that there are so many Beats threads recently? Has it always been this way, or did something happen?

And I agree. I'd definitely buy the knives for free Beats, not the other way around.

uhh... ya something happened...

a big fat guy dressed in red came down everyone's chimney a few weeks ago and left everyone an inferior set of headphones!!! 

Jan 5, 2011 at 9:59 PM Post #40 of 67
.99 + tax = $1.12

Jan 5, 2011 at 10:02 PM Post #41 of 67

Quote:
Quote:
I don't mean any disrespect, both to the OP and to the forum goers, but as a relatively new Head-Fi'er I'm curious: why is it that there are so many Beats threads recently? Has it always been this way, or did something happen?

And I agree. I'd definitely buy the knives for free Beats, not the other way around.

uhh... ya something happened...

a big fat guy dressed in red came down everyone's chimney a few weeks ago and left everyone an inferior set of headphones!!! 

tis that time of year again...the days after christmas >__> I called monster after new years, and the rep told me they were absolutely swamped...I wonder why

Jan 5, 2011 at 10:07 PM Post #42 of 67

Quote:
Quote:
I'm sorry but I would say $80-100 USD, (I rate looks quite high, not as high as sound quality though)

Normally I would say "Welcome to Head-Fi, and sorry for your wallet," but it looks like your wallet is already either very fat or very, very sorry. 
cool.gif

Thanks, wallets not fat (my back pockets been ripped out). Also I think all my headphones are pretty, I don't think I would be able to buy an ulgy pair of headphones.

Jan 5, 2011 at 10:09 PM Post #43 of 67

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

cool.gif

Thanks, wallets not fat (my back pockets been ripped out). Also I think all my headphones are pretty, I don't think I would be able to buy an ulgy pair of headphones.

dang, that's a nice assortment of phones you got there, how's the rest of your gear?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back