If you had to put a price on Beat by Dre
Jan 4, 2011 at 12:46 AM Post #16 of 67
$14.95 with a free set of steak knives if you call in the next 30 minutes

Jan 4, 2011 at 12:54 AM Post #19 of 67
I'd probably bite if I was paying for the steak knives and the Beats were free. 

Quote:
$14.95 with a free set of steak knives if you call in the next 30 minutes

Jan 4, 2011 at 1:44 AM Post #20 of 67
I don't mean any disrespect, both to the OP and to the forum goers, but as a relatively new Head-Fi'er I'm curious: why is it that there are so many Beats threads recently? Has it always been this way, or did something happen?

And I agree. I'd definitely buy the knives for free Beats, not the other way around.

Jan 4, 2011 at 1:48 AM Post #21 of 67

Quote:
I don't mean any disrespect, both to the OP and to the forum goers, but as a relatively new Head-Fi'er I'm curious: why is it that there are so many Beats threads recently? Has it always been this way, or did something happen?

And I agree. I'd definitely buy the knives for free Beats, not the other way around.

It's because monster have infiltrated Head-Fi, plus it always seems like a point of on going tension.

Jan 4, 2011 at 1:51 AM Post #22 of 67
Shills and trolls.

Jan 4, 2011 at 1:58 AM Post #23 of 67
I'm with glasslike. I'd price them around $80 since they're noise cancelling, and I don't think the sound is too terrible.  Then again, I've only listened to them at Best Buy where you can only demo them with low quality files.

Jan 4, 2011 at 2:05 AM Post #24 of 67

Quote:
I'm with glasslike. I'd price them around $80 since they're noise cancelling, and I don't think the sound is too terrible.  Then again, I've only listened to them at Best Buy where you can only demo them with low quality files.

Do you really think they are using low quality files on the displays?  If anything they are using highly eq'd files that over exaggerate their sound quality.  What you are hearing on those displays is how terrible they actually are.  They sound like crap.  The studio's are halfway decent and I would probably price them at around 50-60, but but he solo's sounded horrendous.  I could hear no highs at all, and the mids were on some other planet they were so distant.  

Jan 4, 2011 at 2:12 AM Post #25 of 67

Quote:
Quote:

Do you really think they are using low quality files on the displays?  If anything they are using highly eq'd files that over exaggerate their sound quality.  What you are hearing on those displays is how terrible they actually are.  They sound like crap.  The studio's are halfway decent and I would probably price them at around 50-60, but but he solo's sounded horrendous.  I could hear no highs at all, and the mids were on some other planet they were so distant.  

I've read that the Studio's sound worse on the best buy displays (it was on the interwebby somewhere). Plus Looking at Jude's review a while ago on the pre release versions he did'nt make it sound as horrible as you have stated.

Jan 4, 2011 at 2:27 AM Post #26 of 67
Honestly, I don't think they are that bad sound wise but the build on them is terrible. I tried some at best buy a couple hours ago. My friend was trying to get hook me up with a worker there but I wasn't paying attention to her because I was looking at all the headphones hahaha.

Jan 4, 2011 at 2:37 AM Post #27 of 67
Worth about $20. However, keep in mind that you can get better sounding IEM's for that price!

Jan 4, 2011 at 2:51 AM Post #28 of 67
prolly somewhere around 30-50$ and then I would gut them and put some real drivers in them and troll people.

Jan 4, 2011 at 3:03 AM Post #29 of 67
@glasslike, I'm jelly over you're cans.... :frowning2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back