IEMs with better bass then GR07
Oct 7, 2011 at 5:30 AM Post #31 of 65

Quote:
  For example, one earphone I really like is UE's (not Logitech) Triple.Fi 10.  It suits most of what you're looking for.  It has more bass, thick and punchy.  It is less analytical and more fun.  The sound stage is well sized and layered.    However, comfort is a mixed bag.  The earphones are large and oddly shaped.  It takes time to bend the memory wire to a correct shape, and the single flange tips are almost pointless.  It does now come with Comply tips which helps, but it's advisable to look into other tip options to help with the fitment issue.  Once you can manage a good fit, it's a great earphone.  The presentation is colored versus the very balanced GR07, but it will bring a lot of the fun factor into the experience.  The best part is this top tier earphone has a market rate of around your $150.

I dont think the tf10 bass will be enough if a dynamic wasn't enough, its great quality bass but not a huge amount of quantity. There is no one who finds Tf10s comfortable and that cable is a massive piece of horse doo doo, but they sound so awesome that even sore/bleeding ears will never stop me from using them. I +1 eq

Oct 7, 2011 at 12:19 PM Post #33 of 65
The Sennheiser IE8 are amazing n offers powerful bass with huge soundstage(out of head) without missing details in mids n highs. Overall IE8 are very engaging fun sounding IEMs and shows great details in music (work for almost all genres).

Oct 7, 2011 at 1:10 PM Post #34 of 65

OP-

why not consider monster turbine pro gold's? the copper has a bit less bass, but the golds match up to IE8's bass, with a bit less of the ie8's mid-bass hump and a bit more sub-bass
Quote:
+1 on FX700. I actually want to get rid of mine because it has too much bass for me compared to GR07 lol
basshead.gif

o yeh? i may be interested...

Oct 7, 2011 at 1:15 PM Post #35 of 65

I dont think the tf10 bass will be enough if a dynamic wasn't enough, its great quality bass but not a huge amount of quantity. There is no one who finds Tf10s comfortable and that cable is a massive piece of horse doo doo, but they sound so awesome that even sore/bleeding ears will never stop me from using them. I +1 eq

This is just wrong. Dynamics don't always have more bass than BAs. There are many BAs that make certain dynamics sound bass light in terms of quantity. Depth is a different matter as dynamics have more bass depth potential, but even then, very few dynamics are truly bottomless in range. 

Oct 7, 2011 at 2:28 PM Post #36 of 65

Quote:

Raises hand.  I do find them comfortable.  However, you do need to position them right and use a tip that works with your ears.  The cable is fine.  People are just hard on earphones.

The Triple.Fi 10 has more pronounced bass than the GR07.  It's more dominant, more powerful.  

Oct 7, 2011 at 3:25 PM Post #37 of 65
Going from memory, I'd say the TF10 has more mid bass quantity and presents it with more energy.  However the GR07 has more sub bass quantity and quality/texture (and actually has little mid bass).  I greatly prefer sub bass to mid bass and as much as I liked the TF10 for its sublime treble, I always found it lacking in the sub bass department for my tastes.

So I think it depends on what you are looking for.  I read one guy saying Atrios were bass light to him b/c their wasn't any mid bass quantity wise.  I can't imagine thinking that but it's someone's perception.  If you prefer lots of mid bass (for impact) and energy, I'd probably recommend the W3 over the TF10, as I tend to think of the TF10 as more balanced and both have large soundstages.  All that being said, I'd take the GR07 over any universal BA I've heard.

Oct 7, 2011 at 4:14 PM Post #38 of 65
Quote:

Raises hand.  I do find them comfortable.  However, you do need to position them right and use a tip that works with your ears.  The cable is fine.  People are just hard on earphones.

The Triple.Fi 10 has more pronounced bass than the GR07.  It's more dominant, more powerful.  

x2. I found them extremely comfortable; then again, even the Sony EX600 & EX1000 are extremely comfortable for my ears. 
tongue.gif
 And yes, the claim that BA's cannot rival the bass of dynamics is simply not true, and is just as vague as making the claim that no one finds the TF10 comfortable. 
smile.gif

Oct 7, 2011 at 5:48 PM Post #40 of 65
I didn't mean that the TF10 (I didn't mention BA anywhere) cannot rival a dynamic when it comes to bass to me the TF10 bass is perfect. But to me at least the dynamics I have tried the bass is more powerful and impactful you can almost feel the bass. My C710 (which I think are my only dynamic right now that i use) beat my TF10 bass-wise if I were a basshead like the OP seems to lean more towards I would grab them over the TF10. Cable wise, Ill stick to my doo doo reference cause seriously after 1 year use very regular use my cable still bends back to the way they came in their box (while Im using them) and the memory wire isn't any good either. Comfort-wise that does change with every user of course (its hard to get my sarcasm thru the interwebs with my comment in the last post
biggrin.gif
) but i2ehan you must have caves instead of ears on the sides of your head to fit the Tf10 & EX600/1000 VERY comfortably 
biggrin.gif
. I can wear the TF10 for maybe 1 hour before my ears get sore and I think I have pretty big ears (I can wear any of my other IEMs for like 5+ hours) . Part of the problem is that the cable doesn't seem to take any stress off my ears and it seems like I'm using the TF10 as just straight up ear plugs most of the time. But like I said above I still love the TF10 and I will never get rid of them.

Oct 7, 2011 at 6:18 PM Post #41 of 65
Quote:
Comfort-wise that does change with every user of course (its hard to get my sarcasm thru the interwebs with my comment in the last post
biggrin.gif
) but i2ehan you must have caves instead of ears on the sides of your head to fit the Tf10 & EX600/1000 VERY comfortably 
biggrin.gif

Can't argue there! 
tongue.gif
 Have my EX600's in now and I wear them for hours on end, day to day, without any discomfort whatsoever. 
smile.gif

Oct 7, 2011 at 7:06 PM Post #42 of 65
just EQ those suckers. one of the reasons I love them is because you can change most parts of the graph and it will behave like they were designed that way from the factory.

Oct 8, 2011 at 10:30 AM Post #44 of 65
How about the JVC HA-FXT90?  They have more mid bass than the GR07, so they have a lot of impact but they also have pretty good sub bass too.  The mids aren't recessed and they maintain a nice sparkly high end.  Very musical and very different from the GR07 presentation. You can get them from accessoryjack.com and they fall in your price range.

Oct 8, 2011 at 10:44 AM Post #45 of 65

Quote:
How about the JVC HA-FXT90?  They have more mid bass than the GR07, so they have a lot of impact but they also have pretty good sub bass too.  The mids aren't recessed and they maintain a nice sparkly high end.  Very musical and very different from the GR07 presentation. You can get them from accessoryjack.com and they fall in your price range.

2nd that :) comfort is perfect as u can wear them straight down or over-the-ears and the sub bass really sets in after burn-in, not to mention it has a very full bass and treble presentation, doesnt shy on bass impact too ^.^

Users who are viewing this thread

Back