IEMs reshelled into Custom Molds $80 in the USA (TripleFi 10, SE530, etc.) from FISHER HEARING
Jan 27, 2011 at 9:48 AM Post #2,372 of 2,837
hey guy i am new to headfi i own a pair of triplefi 10 and i want to remold them but i was wondering whether adding an extra driver will increase the sq by alot and will it effect the cross over will the sonic signature change as i like the ultimate ears sound signature i got a cable upgrade that brought the mids out of hiding and into the light so now i am quite satisfied with it... now at my local shop in singapore which is the only store that helps u do it they say they will do the impresions for me in the store on the day itself and send it to unique melody for the remolding and it will cost about USD 120 but adding the extra driver will cost me up to USD 390 - 450 so will it be good to add the extra driver thanks alot guys and sry for hijacking this thread ans will be very much appreciated

Jan 27, 2011 at 10:59 AM Post #2,374 of 2,837
er where is their forum tks

Jan 28, 2011 at 1:36 PM Post #2,375 of 2,837
Anyone know of cheap place for impressions in minneapolis?
Cheapest I've found is $50 so far id rather do it myself for $15

Jan 29, 2011 at 3:11 AM Post #2,377 of 2,837

Quote:
just diy. these audiologists are running a scam.

i agree..its ridiculously easy to make molds and does not take more than 10mins...for them to charge $50+ is just insane. I would say $20 should be the going rate for the material and time but thats wishful thinking.

Feb 3, 2011 at 12:30 PM Post #2,379 of 2,837
So for the last year or so the remolds have been nothing but wonderful. But I put them in this morning and noticed that the sound seemed to be biased to the right. :frowning2:

I'm worried that something might have happened to my left piece. I cleaned my ears, cleaned the ports on the pieces, tried different source material, tried a different source device, tried swapping left and right plugs on the pieces. All with the same result.

Anyone know of a good test sound pattern that tests left and right? I need a way to figure out that it's something actually wrong and I'm not just imagining. The more I'm listening it almost sound like the high frequency driver might be the issue since bass on left and right seems pretty well balanced.
(Edit: on closer listening everything seems muffled not just highs.)

I'm not sure what to do at this point. :frowning2: 

Feb 3, 2011 at 1:27 PM Post #2,380 of 2,837
I've had a similar issue but with my left ear

Have had to send mine back to Fisher to investigate

Feb 3, 2011 at 2:42 PM Post #2,381 of 2,837
Well.. I think I know what the problem might be. I just took a closer look at the ports. Look at how the bore on the right looks all clouded up. You can't even see the filter in it. It almost looks like there was a large bubble near the bore hole that has given way. All three of the other bores (one on this and both on the other) are transparent and you can easily see the filter.

I guess i need to contact fisher to find out what they can do for me. That just ain't normal.

For a larger version of the pic check http://www.flickr.com/photos/51742063@N06/5414077680/sizes/l/in/photostream/

Feb 3, 2011 at 11:25 PM Post #2,382 of 2,837

Quote:
Well.. I think I know what the problem might be. I just took a closer look at the ports. Look at how the bore on the right looks all clouded up. You can't even see the filter in it. It almost looks like there was a large bubble near the bore hole that has given way. All three of the other bores (one on this and both on the other) are transparent and you can easily see the filter.

I guess i need to contact fisher to find out what they can do for me. That just ain't normal.

if you have to spend any money to fix it, you might see what fisher thinks of you trying to drill out that pocket (very carefully). you could probably fix it yourself if that's the issue, but it is better to have a professional do it if it is no charge.

Feb 4, 2011 at 2:39 AM Post #2,383 of 2,837

Quote:
Anyone know of cheap place for impressions in minneapolis?
Cheapest I've found is $50 so far id rather do it myself for $15

When I finally found for 50 (25 ea) I was ecstatic.  Some places were asking up to 75 an ear around me.

Feb 5, 2011 at 5:12 PM Post #2,384 of 2,837
Holy crap, my reshelled TF10s came today. First impression (just a few minutes of music and a half hour of a podcast) is that they sound fantastic. They fit soooo much better than the stock TF10s now. The right eat felt slightly tight at first, so I was worried, but as I wear it, it's feeling more and more comfortable, so hopefully it's just a matter of getting accustomed to the feel. There's no painful pressure points or anything, so I'm relieved there.

I'll be posting some photos and further impressions soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back