IEMs reshelled into Custom Molds $80 in the USA (TripleFi 10, SE530, etc.) from FISHER HEARING
Jan 19, 2011 at 8:04 PM Post #2,356 of 2,837
Also, I'm noticing my left ear canal seems a fair bit narrower (and twistier) than my right. This would explain why I ALWAYS get pain in my left ear but never my right when I wear iems for more than an hour.

Jan 20, 2011 at 3:57 AM Post #2,357 of 2,837
Ok so.. i have a few questions that I should have asked the first time around.  

Does fisher use new cables when they remold or do they keep the old ones?  I see on the pricelistPDF there is an item that says "fisher cable".  Also, regardless of whether they use the original cable or not, are they detachable?  I just got mine back and am really not wanting to give them a tug to find out.  

Jan 20, 2011 at 2:33 PM Post #2,359 of 2,837

Quote:
Is it true that custom molds shrink over time and need constant reshelling every month? 

If you are talking about the impressions then yes they shrink but it takes months for them to shrink, and it is minimal. 

If you are talking about the remolds. They do not shrink at all they are made form a hard acrylic or uv material that does not change size. The only reason you would ever need them remolded is if you lost or gained a lot of weight very fast.

Jan 23, 2011 at 9:22 AM Post #2,362 of 2,837
Hey mythe, where did you get your impressions in NJ?  I'm back in the NJ\NYC area and need to do some impressions asap. 

Quote:
I'm sure you can find an audiologist in NYC or something.  I got my impressions from a Sear's hearing aid center, also in NJ for only $20.

My refit and repaired tf-10's are back after about a 2 week repair.  The left earpiece was apparently totally redone so the crack is gone.  The fit is excellent, maybe still a tad bit better in the right, but both are very close to perfect.  I'm very happy with the sound and everything about the entire remolding service.  The only one thing is that the artwork never seems to get done right.... although I may have asked for something a bit too complicated.  I initially wanted a symbol in blue on the left earpiece and in red on the right earpiece but ended up getting blue on both. Now after the refit, I have only blue on the right earpiece and nothing at all on the left.  It doesn't really bother me though, although I sort of wish that I'd just asked for the symbol to be in white on both sides or something like that.
I'll post some pictures later maybe.  My camera battery is dead, it seems to only last a couple of shots even though it's a new camera >.>

Jan 23, 2011 at 10:48 AM Post #2,363 of 2,837

Quote:
Hey mythe, where did you get your impressions in NJ?  I'm back in the NJ\NYC area and need to do some impressions asap. 

Quote:
I'm sure you can find an audiologist in NYC or something.  I got my impressions from a Sear's hearing aid center, also in NJ for only $20.

My refit and repaired tf-10's are back after about a 2 week repair.  The left earpiece was apparently totally redone so the crack is gone.  The fit is excellent, maybe still a tad bit better in the right, but both are very close to perfect.  I'm very happy with the sound and everything about the entire remolding service.  The only one thing is that the artwork never seems to get done right.... although I may have asked for something a bit too complicated.  I initially wanted a symbol in blue on the left earpiece and in red on the right earpiece but ended up getting blue on both. Now after the refit, I have only blue on the right earpiece and nothing at all on the left.  It doesn't really bother me though, although I sort of wish that I'd just asked for the symbol to be in white on both sides or something like that.
I'll post some pictures later maybe.  My camera battery is dead, it seems to only last a couple of shots even though it's a new camera >.>

Considering that Mythe has been banned from headfi I dont think you should hold your breath on getting a reply. But how many Sears hearing aid centers are there in NJ. Why not just call them all?

Jan 23, 2011 at 12:49 PM Post #2,364 of 2,837
Oh yikes, did not know that.  Thanks for the tip.  

Jan 23, 2011 at 8:15 PM Post #2,365 of 2,837

Quote:

Quote:

Hey, I got mine done in North NJ. The doctor was great, and they were only $30. It's a group of offices called Audiology & Hearing Aid Solutions. They have offices in Wayne, Ridgewood, Paramus, and Clifton. I had mine done in Paramus by Dr. Weiner. She was great and it only took 10 minutes, start to finish. Here's their website: http://www.audioandhearing.com/

They were super friendly, and knew all about the process. Highly recommended.

Jan 25, 2011 at 3:40 PM Post #2,366 of 2,837
Do you guys think it's worth it to have a hundred dollar pair of Custom 3's remolded?

My issue id not really being able to get and maintain a good seal especially when working out. 

I already have an appointment to get impressions done tomorrow but was thinking about cancelling it. 

Jan 25, 2011 at 4:15 PM Post #2,369 of 2,837
They use the orginal cable unless you ship them a new one you bought for them or buy one of theirs and they will put that one on and ship back the old one with your molds. The cable is detachable so you have no worries if you need to take it out. I wouldn't take it out unless you needed to because the wholes they use are a tad bigger than stock so the pinch the end of the pins to hold a secure fit. After in and out the fit will get looser but an easy if if you spread the pins on the cable a pit to give a better fit when you put back into the ear mold.

Bests,
Brian 

Quote:
Ok so.. i have a few questions that I should have asked the first time around.  

Does fisher use new cables when they remold or do they keep the old ones?  I see on the pricelistPDF there is an item that says "fisher cable".  Also, regardless of whether they use the original cable or not, are they detachable?  I just got mine back and am really not wanting to give them a tug to find out.  

Jan 26, 2011 at 3:20 PM Post #2,370 of 2,837
Do you think it would be possible to include a tiny low power smd LED in an iem for a faint glow?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back