IEMs reshelled into Custom Molds $80 in the USA (TripleFi 10, SE530, etc.) from FISHER HEARING
Jan 6, 2011 at 1:11 PM Post #2,341 of 2,837

Quote:
Does Fisher have 10vi cables? I'm torn. I kinda want the mic functionality,but a higher quality cable is good too.

edit: How should I approach an Audiologist for getting molds? Mouth open or closed for the molds?

First, dont know if you already got quotes for them but I found its better to call them impressions and not molds. I was quoted over or around $100 several times calling them molds. Then you have to explain I just want the impressions with the goo in your ears and then it goes to $20 at both the places Ive gone.

As far as mouth open or closed, there is several differing opinions about that. What I did is took the instruction sheet fisher provides and read it to the audioligist over the phone and asked if they had the reccomended materials on hand and if they can do it the way instructed.

Jan 9, 2011 at 9:28 PM Post #2,344 of 2,837
Hi all. Been lurking for a long time, but this is my first time posting. Very excited because I just bought a pair of Triple.fi's cheap on Amazon that I'll be sending along to Fisher for reshelling. I have to get to an audiologist in the next couple days while I'm waiting for the Triple.fi's to arrive. Pretty excited, since I've never had customs before, just a handful of low-end to semi-high-end universal iems.

I'm hoping Fisher can color mine like these: 

Also, I know it's probably been mentioned, but are Fisher's new cables a safe bet? I read some complaining about their original ones early on.  Also, are their new cables swappable with Westone or other high-end cables, or do they still use a different size pin configuration?

Jan 9, 2011 at 10:50 PM Post #2,345 of 2,837
Yes, the new Fisher cables are VERY similar to the Westone cable. And yes all the main cables fit the same socket. The stock Triple-Fi cable does not though. But the UE Custom and JH and Twag and Westone are all the same as Fishers.

Jan 11, 2011 at 2:44 AM Post #2,347 of 2,837
Do the normal Triple.fi 10 phones have removable cables? It doesn't mention them anywhere on the product page...
http://www.amazon.com/Ultimate-Ears-TripleFi-Isolating-Earphones/dp/B0019RBJOE/ref=sr_1_8?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1294731612&sr=1-8

Also, how would you compare customized triple.fi's to an entry-level custom iem like a livewire?

Jan 11, 2011 at 2:46 AM Post #2,348 of 2,837

Quote:
Do the normal Triple.fi 10 phones have removable cables? It doesn't mention them anywhere on the product page...
http://www.amazon.com/Ultimate-Ears-TripleFi-Isolating-Earphones/dp/B0019RBJOE/ref=sr_1_8?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1294731612&sr=1-8

Yes.

Jan 19, 2011 at 3:19 PM Post #2,352 of 2,837

Quote:
Also, I know it's probably been mentioned, but are Fisher's new cables a safe bet? I read some complaining about their original ones early on.  Also, are their new cables swappable with Westone or other high-end cables, or do they still use a different size pin configuration?

This is what the NEW $30 fisher cables look like. *Edit: picture already posted a few pages back*
They also have it in black (not pictured)

Jan 19, 2011 at 4:04 PM Post #2,353 of 2,837

Quote:
Yea that is his UE cable.... Is your cable one your got from Fisher?

Yup, I got it from you guys for my SE530 remold but it has been slowly turning green. I was hoping it wouldnt happen but indeed it did. Ill be calling you soon Kaysen to order a black one. I know that wont turn green. I got the white one from you guys for my Triple Fi remold also and that still looks perfect.

Jan 19, 2011 at 8:02 PM Post #2,355 of 2,837
Just sent off my impressions, so now the waiting begins.

Here are my impressions. They look like they came out well, and the audiologist seemed to think so, too. Now I'm just hoping I get a good fit the first time. Fingers crossed...

For the record, my impressions were $30 for the pair. North Jersey/Bergen County. Took less than 10 minutes, start to finish.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back