IEMs reshelled into Custom Molds $80 in the USA (TripleFi 10, SE530, etc.) from FISHER HEARING
Jul 22, 2010 at 7:14 PM Post #2,131 of 2,837

Seems like a great deal buddy!! I'm happy for you. Happy listening... FYI: in case people didn't know it already, rawrster is a really great head-fier!!!!
happy_face1.gif

Quote:
I bought them off the FS forums from someone who was selling his Livewire Trips. It uses the TWFK dual driver and there's a big bass driver which I'm assuming is the Knowles CI22955.

They sound great. Considering the price I paid in total for them I think these are a great deal. They cost even less than the SM3 from France and I think they easily slap my RE-Zero around. I haven't listened to my e-Q7 since getting them and I don't miss it at all. I definitely won't be getting rid of my universals anytime soon since I do have reasons for universals but they are quite good. I've never had my clip+ sound so good before either and I was pretty surprised they didn't hiss more than I expected them to do. I got lots of listening with these to do
ksc75smile.gif
. I was planning on writing a review on my RE-Zero but I forsee some delays :)

Also detachable cables are nice. I had it with the Trips but they were stupid difficult to remove but these are much better. I've always wanted the ES cable since they are quite nice and finally had a reason to get it. The Fisher cable is stuck in my desk drawer waiting to see the light of day but that won't be happening.

Jul 23, 2010 at 12:05 AM Post #2,132 of 2,837
hey rawrster....is that a pelican or otterbox case?  and which model.... i been looking around for when i get my customs done.  

Jul 23, 2010 at 12:12 AM Post #2,133 of 2,837
I got a pelican 1010 case with the foam as well since I don't want my customs to be moving while they are in the case. I bought it at a local shop so it came out to around 15 bucks I think which isn't bad. If you are looking for one try your local camera shops and they should have one.

Jul 23, 2010 at 12:37 AM Post #2,134 of 2,837
yeah it was between the 1010 pelican and the otterbox 1000....the otterbox is slightly bigger... sucks that otterbox doesn't offer it in red though and pelican does.... debating between the 2 but i think im leaning toward the otterbox (JH offers otterbox) so if its good enough for them its good enough for me...as for the foam... i think im just gonna use foam laying around somewhere.... foam is foam right? haha

Jul 23, 2010 at 12:45 AM Post #2,135 of 2,837
As long as it is built well I think either case is fine. Although I do like my pelican case. I thought I was going to get the clear case but they gave me the black one instead but I don't really care. How often am I going to look at foam inside a clear case really? The foam I have is literally a block so as long as it is something like that I think you are good. I wanted to use something like the TF10 case but I sold that and they are asking way too much for it. It would have been good since it's much smaller but the case I use can carry a mp3 player if I ever get something bigger than the clip+

Jul 23, 2010 at 1:02 AM Post #2,136 of 2,837
you and me think a lot alike.... yeah 20 for the UE case is way tooo much. so i originally bought some red super.fi 3's on ebay for the red UE metal case for the customs, but didnt like the case the monster coppers came with so im using that for those.  Sold the super.fi 3's right back on ebay for the same amount. so a free case
dt880smile.png
 .....  so now im stuck looking for a case for the customs again.... do you think the case you have is big enough for a 5th gen ipod video, a headstage arrow amp and the iems?  i want to fit the entire rig into a case

Jul 24, 2010 at 12:19 AM Post #2,137 of 2,837
I have no idea tbh. It's been a long time since I owned an ipod so I can't recall it's dimensions. You would most likely have to stack the dap and amp but don't know really.

Also my customs are definitely going back. The fit is close but not terrible. The left one gets a bit sore after say 4-5 hours but I think it's a bit short on both sides of the tip area. The left one is better than the right but I can definitely feel the right moving when I'm going down stairs. I wanted fit to be right the first time but not much I can do about it. I'll give them a call on Monday and send it back that day or Tuesday. I guess this is the good thing about them being in the US. Shipping to them takes 2 days and much cheaper than to China assuming I have to pay for shipping.

I think what I'm hearing so far is very good but may not be as good as possible due to fit so I can only imagine what it sounds like if fit is good.

Jul 24, 2010 at 9:18 PM Post #2,138 of 2,837
Yeah, I had to refit mine also but it was well worth it. I dont blame them since it seems to me that it is a very exact science and Im hundreds of miles away from them. To me its a miracle they came as close as they did. Mine are great now and it was worth every day of wait and every penny I paid.

Jul 25, 2010 at 11:52 AM Post #2,139 of 2,837
That's great, but this thread is not really the place for your advertisement is it?

Quote:

No more broken English!

Unique Melody hits North America!

www.custom-iem.com

We are the exclusive distributor of UM in North America.

If you have any questions, feel free to contact stephenguo@live.com

Let music inspires your soul!

Cheers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back