IEMs reshelled into Custom Molds $80 in the USA (TripleFi 10, SE530, etc.) from FISHER HEARING
Jul 20, 2010 at 8:47 AM Post #2,116 of 2,837

Very early impressions are good. Fit is good, sound great and workmanship seems to be OK.

A close look reveals some tool marks and other imperfections, but I never had these made to look pretty (hence no artwork), I want useable everyday IEM's.

Had to borrow a camera as I didn't have time to pop home, so tomorrow will take some real high quality pics to post.

Jul 21, 2010 at 9:48 AM Post #2,117 of 2,837

OK guys, LOTS of pictures I know... but I thought it was beneficial to the cummunity, especially those wanting this work done.

As you will see, these are by no means perfect (although do bear in mind that lots of the defects seen in these pics are NOT visiable to the naked eye!)

They do however do EXACTLEY what they claim to do... they are custom remoulds of my Triple Fi's.

The fit is absolutely perfect, first time. A relief as I am in the UK.

The timings involed were good, in fact quick.

The price is UN RIVALED at $80. and $20 for the cable.

I love em'

Jul 21, 2010 at 11:52 AM Post #2,119 of 2,837
@Carlosfandango: did you have to pay for the cable? I'm wondering since I got two cables when I got my package yesterday. One is the ES cable I sent them and connected to the customs was their own cable which is the same thing as the one you have I believe.

Jul 21, 2010 at 3:57 PM Post #2,120 of 2,837
@Carlosfandango: did you have to pay for the cable? I'm wondering since I got two cables when I got my package yesterday. One is the ES cable I sent them and connected to the customs was their own cable which is the same thing as the one you have I believe.
-------------

Yes I did, I elected to have the Fisher Black cable for $20. I understand it's a small upgrade on the UE cable quality wise. I do know that it has better and longer memory wire close to the monitor.

Someone will correct me here.... but I also think that once these have been remoulded the original UE cable will not work on the IEM's without a little manipulation due to the pin sizes being slightly different after the work has been done.

So in other words you HAVE to have the Fisher cable (or send them a different manufacturers cable) after the upgrade.

Though I do recal (possibly from Kaysen herself on this thread) reading that Fisher may have resolved this issue.

Anyone?

Jul 21, 2010 at 4:05 PM Post #2,121 of 2,837
The ES cable is from Westone. I have the ES cable and the Fisher cable and both fit although the Fisher one is a bit more tight than the ES cable. If you mean the UE universal cable those are horrible imo but their customs are supposed to be the same as the ES cable and their UE18 cable is supposed to be very good but I don't have first hand experience.

I guess I got lucky with the Fisher cable being for free. Maybe it's for waiting longer than I thought I was going to lol :) The ES cable is less microphonic although the memory wire is shorter but doesn't affect me as I think the Fisher cable memory is too long. I was pretty surprised about the Fisher cable however. I think they changed it? I was advised to avoid the Fisher cable since it was pretty bad but it looks like that has been changed since.

Jul 21, 2010 at 5:18 PM Post #2,122 of 2,837
I was pretty surprised about the Fisher cable however. I think they changed it? I was advised to avoid the Fisher cable since it was pretty bad but it looks like that has been changed since.
--------------

I recall reading complaints about the Fisher clear cable (too stiff and broke easily). But not sure if they have changed the black cable or not.

Seems you got a free cable. Well done!

Fisher have proven time and agin that their desire to please their customers is over-riding. So maybe you did get it gratis for the long wait... it wouldn't be a huge thing for them, and clearly it's satisfied you. Well done Fisher I say and well done you.

Jul 21, 2010 at 5:21 PM Post #2,123 of 2,837
If you mean the UE universal cable those are horrible imo but their customs are supposed to be the same as the ES cable and their UE18 cable is supposed to be very good but I don't have first hand experience.
---------------

And yes, I did mean the stock universal UE cable.

Likewise, I have read that the ES and custom (maybe the same cable) is excellent.

Jul 22, 2010 at 4:07 PM Post #2,125 of 2,837
I did get lucky indeed. I don't plan on using it but better safe than sorry in case anything happens.

Anyway here are some bad pics :) Blue is left and Green is right. Fit on the left is pretty good now but right seems a bit loose by the tip area. When I push down on them while they are in my ears I feel some air move so I think the tip area is a bit too small. I'll see if I can fix it without sending them in but if not they will go back for a refit.

Jul 22, 2010 at 6:14 PM Post #2,127 of 2,837
I told them translucent blue but also provided a picture in my package just to make sure. You could just send them a picture in your package or just reference them a link to a picture. The green was a bit lighter than I expected but nothing to get worked up on. I'm pretty happy with the color of them.

Jul 22, 2010 at 6:29 PM Post #2,129 of 2,837
Very nice rawrster budddy!! So, I missed it, but the drivers are from where? And how is the sound? They look great! Glad you finally received them. 
beerchug.gif

Quote:
I told them translucent blue but also provided a picture in my package just to make sure. You could just send them a picture in your package or just reference them a link to a picture. The green was a bit lighter than I expected but nothing to get worked up on. I'm pretty happy with the color of them.

Jul 22, 2010 at 6:37 PM Post #2,130 of 2,837
I bought them off the FS forums from someone who was selling his Livewire Trips. It uses the TWFK dual driver and there's a big bass driver which I'm assuming is the Knowles CI22955.

They sound great. Considering the price I paid in total for them I think these are a great deal. They cost even less than the SM3 from France and I think they easily slap my RE-Zero around. I haven't listened to my e-Q7 since getting them and I don't miss it at all. I definitely won't be getting rid of my universals anytime soon since I do have reasons for universals but they are quite good. I've never had my clip+ sound so good before either and I was pretty surprised they didn't hiss more than I expected them to do. I got lots of listening with these to do
ksc75smile.gif
. I was planning on writing a review on my RE-Zero but I forsee some delays :)

Also detachable cables are nice. I had it with the Trips but they were stupid difficult to remove but these are much better. I've always wanted the ES cable since they are quite nice and finally had a reason to get it. The Fisher cable is stuck in my desk drawer waiting to see the light of day but that won't be happening.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back