IEMs reshelled into Custom Molds $80 in the USA (TripleFi 10, SE530, etc.) from FISHER HEARING
Nov 22, 2009 at 5:57 AM Post #196 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by barleyguy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
UE essentially does that. They make a resin negative of all of their impressions and store them permanently. It's shown in the video that's linked in this forum.

The video I watched showed UE doing a 3d scan of the impressions and storing them in their computer
tongue.gif

Nov 22, 2009 at 7:21 AM Post #197 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by hockeyb213 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The video I watched showed UE doing a 3d scan of the impressions and storing them in their computer
tongue.gif

Yes, that is what they did for me. They store my impression on file for 3 months before making my monitor. But they needed a refit, they should be back by next Wednesday. =)

Nov 22, 2009 at 7:37 AM Post #198 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaoDi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes, that is what they did for me. They store my impression on file for 3 months before making my monitor. But they needed a refit, they should be back by next Wednesday. =)

Did the impression get better with age?
wink.gif

-Nkk

Nov 22, 2009 at 7:44 AM Post #199 of 2,837
Lol definitely.
tongue.gif
haha no. They were deciding which model to send me for testing. Yest took 3 months to decide.

Nov 22, 2009 at 4:59 PM Post #200 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by jvida /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well got my remolded Shure SE530's back today. They sound great, just as I remember them sounding before. Maybe even with a bit more pronounced base. Unfortunately, every time I raise my eyebrows or sing a high note (I'm a singer) the seal breaks and the sound goes to crap. Anybody else ever have a similar experience? I got the impressions done with a 2" bite block and everything. They took the mold just barely past the 2 corner, too. Guess I'll need to go for another impression and try this again. I read somewhere that, for singers, Sensaphonics recommends you do whatever you do when you sing while the silicon is hardening. I guess I'll try that unless somebody has some suggestions for me. What a BUMMER!

I'm no expert, but I'm guessing that definitely has to do with the impressions themselves. You should follow the advice of sensaphonics. That would be my next move. And tell the audiologist about your particular situation as well.

Can you go into more detail regarding the signature of your reshelled 530's. I would really like to hear a full in-depth review. Is it pretty much the same as the regular 530 with the pronounced bass as the only improvement?

Nov 23, 2009 at 7:17 AM Post #202 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lil' Knight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My package arrived at their lab yesterday. Looks like nobody was there
frown.gif
Hopefully they will begin to build my remold soon cos I need them by this weekend.

Looks like I beat ya to it, mine got their on Friday. Just today I realised that Thanksgiving is this week so my hope to get them next week feels dashed but the fingers are crossed. I hope they at least get shipped by friday though but who knows, alot of places take off thursday and friday. I cant wait, I wish there was more action on the forum here lol. Id love to see some other customer reviews but I think we are still the early guniea pigs for the most part.
smile.gif

Nov 23, 2009 at 2:38 PM Post #203 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by anthony_b /img/forum/go_quote.gif
InEarZ,

This is a bit of an ignorant question: Aside from recessed jack configuration, does your remold process differ much from that of Ultimate Ears? (here is a build video, in case you are unfamiliar with thier process: YouTube - Behind the Scenes: Ultimate Ears Custom In-ear Monitors Lab) I was handling my buddy's TF10s, and the build quality is spectacular. From the pictures in this thread, it looks like you guys do a great job as well.

Also, I live nearby and wondered if you perform the impression service in your office? If so, what is your charge?

Thanks in advance. I skimmed the entire thread, but I may have missed this information.

Anthony

[size=large]
+1[/size]

Nov 23, 2009 at 2:52 PM Post #204 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by InEarZ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I hope that I have answered all the questions that you posted over the weekend. If not let me know.

I sent you an email about changing the colors. Let me know if you received it
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 23, 2009 at 3:10 PM Post #205 of 2,837
Quote:

Our process is exactly the same. Their really isn't another way to do the molds. We are going to be posting our video on the new website. Along with testimonials from bands that are using our IE-Pro series. I would love to get reviews and testimonials from anyone here that is using the customized monitors. I am dedicating a page to customization, with order forms and paypal options.

And my PM asking if you can remold the UE FI5 EB?

Nov 23, 2009 at 5:20 PM Post #207 of 2,837
Quote:

Sorry I was out of town all weekend.
smile.gif
We did receive Pseudohippy and Lil knight. And I am hoping for a quick turn around with these. possibly shipping Wednesday. But as you guessed we are taking off Thursday and Friday. I hope that I have answered all the questions that you posted over the weekend. If not let me know.

We give back all of our impressions, we just don't have the room here to be honest. And like you guys have said they change in 2 months. And if for any reason you would need them remolded, you have everything.

Please let us know that you are a singer before sending them in. We make those a bit tighter for the same problem that Jvida is having.

I was wondering you had received mine as well; you probably should have received them today, if not over the weekend. Also, can you make mine a bit tighter as well? I'm not a singer, but I am looking a tight seal. Thanks.

Nov 23, 2009 at 5:40 PM Post #208 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by kobayashi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
And my PM asking if you can remold the UE FI5 EB?

Anyone have suggestions as to how I can explain this a little more clearly to InEarZ? Unique Melody does an EB remold and does it very well. Fisher doesn't know if they can do it and says that the dynamic driver must be sealed. I'd rather deal with Fisher since they're in the States and turn-around time should be much faster.

Nov 23, 2009 at 6:10 PM Post #209 of 2,837
Quote:

We did receive Danman81 and they are being process as we speak.

As for the UE 5EB the dynamic speaker is closed off and in the picture it looks like all you would have to do is tube it. Which is fine. UE made a cover the has a port on it so that it is dual bored.

Good news. I'll keep this thread updated with pics of my 5EBs when received.

Nov 24, 2009 at 12:33 AM Post #210 of 2,837
I just sent off my ear impressions... They didn't look like much. I was expecting them to be MUCH bigger comparing them to pictures on here. I did find out that I have really small canals.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back