IEMs reshelled into Custom Molds $80 in the USA (TripleFi 10, SE530, etc.) from FISHER HEARING
Nov 20, 2009 at 6:45 PM Post #167 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by jc9394 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
InEarZ, can you mold with Westone UM56?

that would be impossible as the UM56 is only a small portion of an impression.

Nov 20, 2009 at 6:52 PM Post #168 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaoDi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
that would be impossible as the UM56 is only a small portion of an impression.

That is what I understand too but it does not hurt to ask and really don't want to spend more money on impression or send in my JH13.

Nov 21, 2009 at 4:14 AM Post #170 of 2,837
I know it's been mentioned before that InEarZ does not add additional drivers, but does anyone think this is possible in the near future?

What if I sent the drivers I wanted to incorporate into the customs along with my earphones?

Nov 21, 2009 at 2:36 PM Post #172 of 2,837
InEarZ,

This is a bit of an ignorant question: Aside from recessed jack configuration, does your remold process differ much from that of Ultimate Ears? (here is a build video, in case you are unfamiliar with thier process: YouTube - Behind the Scenes: Ultimate Ears Custom In-ear Monitors Lab) I was handling my buddy's TF10s, and the build quality is spectacular. From the pictures in this thread, it looks like you guys do a great job as well.

Also, I live nearby and wondered if you perform the impression service in your office? If so, what is your charge?

Thanks in advance. I skimmed the entire thread, but I may have missed this information.

Anthony

Nov 21, 2009 at 3:56 PM Post #174 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by anthony_b /img/forum/go_quote.gif
InEarZ,

...Also, I live nearby and wondered if you perform the impression service in your office? If so, what is your charge...

Anthony

If you live nearby, I know a place that does your impressions for $45. It near redbug on 436. Let me know if you want the information, and I'll PM it to you.

Nov 21, 2009 at 6:06 PM Post #176 of 2,837
If this all works out with my sures Im hoping they can do this with my SA6 but use the some plug that the SA6 uses. Could you check into this InearZ? The reason why I want the same plug is so I can still use the W-1 which is their wireless adapter. You might need to go to the Sleek site to see what Im talking about. It should work to canabalize the SA6 earpiece for the parts but Im not sure of the ability to implement it into the custom mold. But Sleek does it with theirs so....

Ethan

Nov 21, 2009 at 6:20 PM Post #177 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by anthony_b /img/forum/go_quote.gif
f00fighters- Some custom shops will do the impressions in-house for free. But as a backup, drop me a PM when you get a chance. Thanks for the help!

You are correct, some do it free. I don't know if this is the case with Fisher Hearing, because I was referred to them by the audiologist. If they do it, great, but if not here you go.

Orlando Hearing Center Inc.
(407) 331-1422

400 SR 436
Ste. 104
Casselberry, Florida

I know JH audio does impressions free. They did mine, in case I decide to buy a pair of JH13's. It's on my wish list
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 21, 2009 at 6:25 PM Post #178 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lil' Knight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You don't have to make new impressions or send in your JH13s. Just send JHA an email, asking them to return your old impressions. They still keep them.

Is the impression still any good after couple months?

Nov 21, 2009 at 6:38 PM Post #180 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lil' Knight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah, I remember reading somewhere that the impressions are good for 6 months or so.

Definitely not. UE, Westone, and Unique Melody all have mentioned to me that impressions will top out at 2 months if lucky.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back