IEMs reshelled into Custom Molds $80 in the USA (TripleFi 10, SE530, etc.) from FISHER HEARING
Nov 20, 2009 at 3:24 AM Post #151 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by jvida /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It was intended to be more of a much smaller "brand", if you will, not a logo. Just to show make and model with some style. Turned out way too big. For the outside, I may have some things done in vinyl, so I can change if I want to.

Please share any info you can on this idea. I thought about getting some custom decals for my monitors, but most of the sites I found required a ridiculous minimum order or could only make the decals so small. Please let me know if you know a particular site that would be best for something like this. Thanks.

Nov 20, 2009 at 5:15 AM Post #152 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by mistertomlinson /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Please share any info you can on this idea. I thought about getting some custom decals for my monitors, but most of the sites I found required a ridiculous minimum order or could only make the decals so small. Please let me know if you know a particular site that would be best for something like this. Thanks.

I'm just going with my local sign company. Any company who can do custom vinyl graphics should be able to do any size, even 1" x 1" or smaller. Just send them a good .eps or .ai file that they can work with. Or they can can probably design something for you if you send them a graphic. Remember how small model car decals are? I'll check with my company tomorrow and send you their info.

Nov 20, 2009 at 6:14 AM Post #153 of 2,837
Quote:

I'm just going with my local sign company. Any company who can do custom vinyl graphics should be able to do any size, even 1" x 1" or smaller. Just send them a good .eps or .ai file that they can work with. Or they can can probably design something for you if you send them a graphic. Remember how small model car decals are? I'll check with my company tomorrow and send you their info.

That'd be great!

Nov 20, 2009 at 6:57 AM Post #154 of 2,837
Sounds like an excellent company, and I'm glad there is a local alternative to UM (nothing against them of course.... just that local seems better to me).

For those worried about yellowing on clear customs: I use a clear custom (from Starkey) in my right ear for work, ~50 hours per week, for the last 4 years or so. Compared to my (several month old) clear Livewire Trips, it is slightly yellowish, but it is by no means ugly. You really don't even notice it much unless you compare to the clear Livewires. I tried to take a picture but it doesn't even really show up on camera. And I don't even clean it very often like I do the Livewires. So don't be disuaded from ordering clear if you want it.

EDIT: Of course your results may vary.....

Nov 20, 2009 at 6:58 AM Post #155 of 2,837
Clear acrylic has gone a long way. They should barely yellow over time. Owner of three pairs of clear customs, all have been fine.

Nov 20, 2009 at 7:37 AM Post #156 of 2,837
Now that I think of it, the only customs that I have seen turn yellow to the point of being genuinely "ugly" were the very old style UE models that used some type of rubber instead of acrylic. If my Starkey can still look good after roughly 10,000 hours, then I wouldn't worry about a regular custom.

Nov 20, 2009 at 2:07 PM Post #157 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by project86 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Now that I think of it, the only customs that I have seen turn yellow to the point of being genuinely "ugly" were the very old style UE models that used some type of rubber instead of acrylic. If my Starkey can still look good after roughly 10,000 hours, then I wouldn't worry about a regular custom.

That could very well be the case. I was referencing the positively NASTY pair of UE 10 pros that iLounge has (here).

Nov 20, 2009 at 4:22 PM Post #159 of 2,837
So I have a huge issue here folks. I need quick expert opinions. I put on my note with my SE530's to make them dual bore but now I dont know if that is a good idea with the 530's. I dont mind if the sound sig changes but I dont want them to sound bad. WHAT DO IT DO
confused_face.gif

Maybe single bore IS the best way to go
confused_face(1).gif

Nov 20, 2009 at 4:44 PM Post #160 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by pseudohippy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So I have a huge issue here folks. I need quick expert opinions. I put on my note with my SE530's to make them dual bore but now I dont know if that is a good idea with the 530's. I dont mind if the sound sig changes but I dont want them to sound bad. WHAT DO IT DO
confused_face.gif

Maybe single bore IS the best way to go
confused_face(1).gif

I'm no expert, but I can't see how making the sound not "mix" an inch or so before it will once it's in your ear canal is really going to make all that much of a difference. However, bypassing Shure's damper...??? If I knew what I know now, I'd go single bore. Oh ya, I did.
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 20, 2009 at 4:49 PM Post #161 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by mistertomlinson /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Sent a quick e-mail to a decal website I found on the web called customvinyldecals.com. Here's what he had to say. Since he specializes in decals, I'm sure he'd do it better and cheaper than my local company. If you try him, let me know how they turn out, and I'll do the same.

sure
the price would be $1.00 each
Thank You
Luis

----- Original Message -----
To: sales@customvinyldecals.com
Sent: Thursday, November 19, 2009 10:57 PM
Subject: Decal sizes

I need a really small decal made. Probably about 1in x 1in. Can you make them that small. Also, I only need two of them. If you do, what would be the approximate cost?

Thanks,

Josh

Nov 20, 2009 at 5:17 PM Post #162 of 2,837
Quote:

I'm no expert, but I can't see how making the sound not "mix" an inch or so before it will once it's in your ear canal is really going to make all that much of a difference. However, bypassing Shure's damper...??? If I knew what I know now, I'd go single bore. Oh ya, I did.
smily_headphones1.gif

My impressions are at the Lake Mary post office now. I sure hope you get yours and I get to hear what you think. Please post up when you get the test them out. Congrats btw, they look great.

Nov 20, 2009 at 5:24 PM Post #163 of 2,837
Quote:

smily_headphones1.gif

The dual bore does make a difference. Also, i'm not a big fan of the Shure SE530's filter. I removed it on my pair of Se530, the highs were less recessed and were brought out a bit more and the sound was less warm. I would take new filters any day, simple 680ohm white filters will do it.

In my opinion, unless you really like the super warm signature of the SE530, and prefer a less detailed sound. I don't see why a dual bore and new filters would be a harm.

Nov 20, 2009 at 6:15 PM Post #165 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by InEarZ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You guys are on the right track. The reason JVidas is a single bore is because the sound quality would change if we made it a dual bore, obviously you paid $350 for the stock SE530s and you like the sound, we aren't going to change what you paid for we are just customizing what you have. With the dual bore you would loose the effect of the filter also. It would not be what you paid all that money for.

If you would like us to dual bore these we certainly can, it is your choice but the sound will change, no telling whether it will be better or not.

Just to let you know we do not warranty the parts. All we are giving is a 90day fit warranty. If they come in broken or damaged we wont and cant fix them.

While we're on this topic... Do you do frequency plots for your remolds? I know for example UM runs a frequency plot of all their remolds, partly to provide to the customer, and partly for quality control.

It might be a useful thing to do if you made a fundamental change such as dual bores.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back