IEMs reshelled into Custom Molds $80 in the USA (TripleFi 10, SE530, etc.) from FISHER HEARING
Nov 19, 2009 at 9:45 PM Post #136 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by barleyguy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I noticed that they said that, which is why I mentioned it in parentheses. Some dynamics are sealed though, so I'm curious why they are different than BA's.

From my phone call, it sounded like they just didn't have the technical knowledge to reshell dynamics. IE8s would be at the top of my list for their service.

Nov 19, 2009 at 10:26 PM Post #137 of 2,837
Well im in the club. Mine have been sent overnight and they are guaranteed to show up by 2:00 tomorrow. I must admit that I feel very uncomfortable right now with the fact that my $350 SE530's are traveling the country by mail right now. Ug! I hope this works out. Im completely nervous right now.

Nov 19, 2009 at 10:38 PM Post #138 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by pseudohippy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I must admit that I feel very uncomfortable right now with the fact that my $350 SE530's are traveling the country by mail right now. Ug! I hope this works out. Im completely nervous right now.

Heh, and I sent my JH13 to them to make the mold
wink.gif
only by Priority, not Express.

Nov 19, 2009 at 10:51 PM Post #139 of 2,837
Well, my SE530's are done! They were sent next day back to me today, so I'll have them tomorrow afternoon. They were kind enough to take a few pics for me. Here they are:

DSC_0014.jpg

DSC_0015-1.jpg

DSC_0016-1.jpg

The shade of black turned out as I wanted, but the Shure logo I designed turned out too big, in my opinion. Oh well. Looking forward to seeing how they sound.

Nov 19, 2009 at 11:18 PM Post #143 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lil' Knight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hmm, so they made you SE530 single bore? Any idea on why? The OP's tf10 was made dual bore.

Either I forgot to request it, or they forgot to do it. Not sure. I wish their website was up for a more formal order process with options, etc. How big of a difference will it really make? I mean, they were obviously single bore before. Any thoughts?

Nov 19, 2009 at 11:30 PM Post #145 of 2,837
I wonder how much Shure's damper (#2 in diagram below) effects their sound signature? Shure's site says, "This acoustically-engineered filter is designed to shape the frequency response." Sounds pretty important. Dual boring would negate whatever effect this would have, presuming Fisher incorporated it into the customs' single bore. I'll see what they have to say tomorrow.

SE530-insides.png

Nov 19, 2009 at 11:56 PM Post #147 of 2,837
i myself prefer dual bore. Why? Because it improves clarity, and instrumental separation. Reducing muddiness, and reduces the clotting of the frequencies. They don't make the SE530 standard with dual bore because it comes as a single bore, where as the TF10 is dual bore to begin with.

Nov 20, 2009 at 12:16 AM Post #148 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaoDi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i myself prefer dual bore. Why? Because it improves clarity, and instrumental separation. Reducing muddiness, and reduces the clotting of the frequencies. They don't make the SE530 standard with dual bore because it comes as a single bore, where as the TF10 is dual bore to begin with.

Ah, ha. So I wonder if Fisher can even do a dual bore if the originals aren't. I'm sure all will be answered tomorrow am.

Nov 20, 2009 at 2:42 AM Post #150 of 2,837
Quote:

Originally Posted by 3X0 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
jvida, is your artwork on the faceplate? I don't see the logic behind artwork on the inside part of the earpiece..

It was intended to be more of a much smaller "brand", if you will, not a logo. Just to show make and model with some style. Turned out way too big. For the outside, I may have some things done in vinyl, so I can change if I want to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back