IEM's ~$200
Jun 25, 2012 at 8:36 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

AyeCee

100+ Head-Fier
My CX300's with comply tips just aren't cutting it any more, so I think it is time for an upgrade! :D Will be using them on a school bus, and in class, with my iPhone 4s as source, and will use my e11 if necessary. Music preference is Drum and Bass (LOTS), Glitch, House, electro house etc... My preferred sound signature would be sweet highs, accurate mids and powerful, yet precise bass, but not too powerful; I'm not one to really consider myself a basshead though. I do find my CX300's to be a bit too bassy for my liking, however I love the feel of it, It keeps my walking in time with the music when walking home :p

Earphones I've been looking at:
-Brainwavz B2
-Audiofly AF78
-UE TF 10 (ebay)
-VSonic GR07

Let me know your thoughts and your suggestions. 
-Adrian

Jun 25, 2012 at 3:28 PM Post #4 of 9
honestly have no experience with these guys
-Brainwavz B2
-Audiofly AF78
-UE TF 10

Im running gr07s through the E11 and ipod and they sound wonderful with still a little burn in time left. You probably couldnt go wrong with any of those you listed. I was split between the tf10 and gr07 given how much praise both of them get on this site.

Jun 25, 2012 at 6:16 PM Post #7 of 9
Yeah, it's a tough one, I'm kinda leaning towards the GR07 or the B2 at the moment... I'm not particularly interested in the M5, It's sound sig is not really to my taste.

Jun 25, 2012 at 11:01 PM Post #8 of 9
I recommend you go with TF10, providing the fit is right or Yamaha EPH-100 like eke2k6 suggested. Considering you came in with CX300 I think EPH will suit almost perfectly, however the TF10 has those sweeter highs you're after - mid range accuracy goes to the Yamaha's. They both really excel in electro, glitch, dubstep which are my main genres. I must say the semi metallic signature of TF10 are excellent for such music, super crisp, crystal clear. TF10 do something to the music EPH-100 cannot being a dynamic driver. Both would be excellent choices, with me in slight favour of TF10. I have not heard GRO7 yet (It's on order) 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back