IEM with bass like Hippo VB/MTPG, Clarity like RE0?
Jun 27, 2010 at 12:01 AM Post #17 of 39
Have you heard the MTP MD's? They have better bass than the Gold's or Copper's not as much clarity as the REO but I enjoy the sound signature immensly!! They are sooo intimate and come with incredible sub-bass. By far my favorite universal IEM out there! Do not get the IE8's either, I did and unless all ur after is mid-bass and soundstage that is not the route you want to go. UE 5eb is another option and get that company, Unique Harmony I think, to custom mold and add a driver. Have heard great things about this otherwise, go upgrade to some JH-16 and bite the bullet or UE-11 if you want boomlet bass. But seriously get the MD's they are the real deal and are everything the Gold's wish they could be. MD's can handle it all IMO; rap, classical, alternative, rock, action movies, everything! But if you want to get the best bass and crazy clarity your gonna have to sell all those IEMs and upgrade to either the 16 or ES5 (which I heard at CanJam and was very impressed especially with an amp. Otherwise get a great amp, L3, P51, Protector (in that order, only get Protector if you will upgrade to a Custom IEM and utilize balanced output, as the P51 has a better mini output).

BTW r the JVC still up for sale? PM me if you are as I am very interested

Jun 27, 2010 at 2:23 AM Post #19 of 39

Quote:
Have you heard the MTP MD's? They have better bass than the Gold's or Copper's not as much clarity as the REO but I enjoy the sound signature immensly!! They are sooo intimate and come with incredible sub-bass. By far my favorite universal IEM out there! Do not get the IE8's either, I did and unless all ur after is mid-bass and soundstage that is not the route you want to go. UE 5eb is another option and get that company, Unique Harmony I think, to custom mold and add a driver. Have heard great things about this otherwise, go upgrade to some JH-16 and bite the bullet or UE-11 if you want boomlet bass. But seriously get the MD's they are the real deal and are everything the Gold's wish they could be. MD's can handle it all IMO; rap, classical, alternative, rock, action movies, everything!

x2  Good to see another MD user out there still.  
tongue_smile.gif
  I think the RE0 is more of a monitor type of signature?  The MD's are definitely euphonic.

Jun 27, 2010 at 8:46 AM Post #21 of 39
I did like the MD's when I had them for an extended audition but clarity isn't their strength. They are also pretty warm iem's.

Jun 27, 2010 at 1:31 PM Post #23 of 39
Thanks for all the suggestions guys!

Currently my budget is up in the air, anywhere from $200-$500 is basically my limit. However I don't really want to get customs made (and at that price they wouldn't be very high end) and I would like to find them in the for sale thread. So my options are basically limited to what everyone is trying to sell.

I did just pick up a pair of SF5 EB, so that's the next test.

Jun 28, 2010 at 10:28 AM Post #24 of 39
Racer, check out that company.  Seriously, that is a cheap mod that I have heard great things about.  The EB with clarity!  However, I have not personally heard it so you might wanna search the forums bc I have heard nothing but praise...

But if you want the ULTIMATE intimate listening experience with crazy sub-bass in a universal format then you have to consider the MD's.  Otherwise, the SM3 are supposed to be great.  If you have the money get the custom version.....many claim it is the JH-13's rival for a fraction of the price.  If you can sack up and spend a little more than $500 then I would look into it if I were you.  BTW, the Copper's have good bass but are by no means a bassy IEM.  They have bass when the song calls for it but they are no MD's.  However, they are by far, in my experience, the most dynamic driven IEM that sounds like BA drivers.  Seriously, they are EXTREMELY clear and have good bass just not emphasized.  That may be another good option for you.  Plus, I got a pair I could sell/trade you ha!

Jul 18, 2010 at 2:03 AM Post #30 of 39
I would say the MTP Coppers.. they are warmer sounding but they have the bass of the VB's.. but as far as similar sound signature with the bass added in, I'd say the Hippo Shroom EB's are the closest if you're on a budget.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back