IEM or head phone around $ 100?
Nov 15, 2010 at 4:45 AM Post #16 of 24
Thanks Kadano, I'll look into it. Btw, the post I linked does say that the build of Xcape looks like it's made from the same factory as Re0 (cables/housing), only the design has a cleaner and solid look.

Nov 16, 2010 at 8:38 PM Post #18 of 24

Quote:
After going through the multi-iem thread again, I think I wil go for the Panasonic RP-HJE900, only $ 90, any advice?

I think that trying different iems is the best case scenario for you so you get to see for yourself what type of sound signature you are looking for. Most places have a return policy so that'll probably give you a chance to try out many iems. The Reos get a lot of respect for a reason..their msrp was like $160 and they rival other top tier iems.

Nov 17, 2010 at 3:55 AM Post #19 of 24

Quote:
I think that trying different iems is the best case scenario for you so you get to see for yourself what type of sound signature you are looking for. Most places have a return policy so that'll probably give you a chance to try out many iems. The Reos get a lot of respect for a reason..their msrp was like $160 and they rival other top tier iems.

If only that was possible in Belgium :) There are a few big multimedia centers, but the only iem brands you'll find there are Bose, Sennheiser, Skullcandy, Philips,.. I can't test out the Re0, nor the Panasonic, nor the M3 without paying a lot of shipping costs to return it.

I updated my IEM list.

Nov 17, 2010 at 4:21 PM Post #20 of 24

Quote:
If only that was possible in Belgium :) There are a few big multimedia centers, but the only iem brands you'll find there are Bose, Sennheiser, Skullcandy, Philips,.. I can't test out the Re0, nor the Panasonic, nor the M3 without paying a lot of shipping costs to return it.

I updated my IEM list.

Aww that stinks..maybe you can keep an eye out for any local meets in your area if they have any? I wish you the best of luck..also if you research extensively you might be able to find what you're looking for based on what other people look for in their iems.

Nov 17, 2010 at 6:05 PM Post #21 of 24

Quote:

I updated my IEM list.

I think you should focus on the most important specs for you and if you're not sure about the sound you like, you could try some IEM around 50$ and see what signature fits to your taste before buying in the 100$ price range.

Nov 18, 2010 at 2:10 AM Post #22 of 24

Quote:
Also, did you see the Sunrise SW-Xcape. That could be an option, as it's a warmer RE0 like in-ear.

Quote:
... sunrise is also a contender at that price it all depends on what are your sound priorities and likes

After reading this comparison thread, I ruled out the Panasonic HJE900 and bought the Sunrise Xcape. Thanks everyone!
biggrin.gif

Nov 18, 2010 at 6:34 AM Post #23 of 24
Good choice, you won't be disappointed, its only weakness would be microphonics, but not so important if worn over the ear and using the clip.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back