IEM-HATERS, YOUR DAY HAS COME!!
Jan 7, 2007 at 11:33 PM Post #16 of 67
Quote:

Originally Posted by ColdFireArow /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think you misunderstand the concept of an open back.

Open back headphones tend to have an opening in the back, where the music "comes" from is a different thing known as soundstage IIRC.

Nope. Sorry. It's not rocket science.

Jan 7, 2007 at 11:35 PM Post #17 of 67
when I find some IEM haters I'll send them your way
wink.gif

Jan 7, 2007 at 11:36 PM Post #18 of 67
The V-Moda Vibes sound real swell...Unfortunately though, they do not isolate, so I won't be throwing my ES2's in the trash anytime soon.

Jan 7, 2007 at 11:46 PM Post #20 of 67
I like that switching tips MAKES a difference. I slap some Ety foamies(tube removed) on my triple.fi's and they speed up, get cleaner, and need bass boost. I can make em' have boomier bass and more forward mids by slapping Shure black olives on.

I can give them a nudge in any direction I choose and give them either an Ety flavor or Shure flavor or UE stock flavor depending on my mood/circumstance.

Some versatility is nice.

Jan 7, 2007 at 11:47 PM Post #21 of 67
god i really do hope you're a troll. truly.

they're ported, not "open-back". my philips IEMs are open-air. they have a major air flow, don't cancel sound at all, and you can REALLY hear the music coming out of the back, not just bleeding. the vibes are ported, and yes you can get a perfect seal, you'll just still hear things.

edit: note to forumers: those are sub-par IEMs, even for home listening. their tips fall of constantly and you can't get replacements.

Jan 8, 2007 at 12:09 AM Post #22 of 67
Quote:

Originally Posted by zeluiz22 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
...you only prove my point, son.

Tell me again... what was your point? Sorry, I am in fact mentally slow.

Neil

Jan 8, 2007 at 12:12 AM Post #23 of 67
Quote:

Originally Posted by neilvg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Tell me again... what was your point? Sorry, I am in fact mentally slow.

Neil

You should just ignore him .... truthfully.

Jan 8, 2007 at 12:23 AM Post #24 of 67
Quote:

Originally Posted by Thelonious Monk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
god i really do hope you're a troll. truly.

they're ported, not "open-back". my philips IEMs are open-air. they have a major air flow, don't cancel sound at all, and you can REALLY hear the music coming out of the back, not just bleeding. the vibes are ported, and yes you can get a perfect seal, you'll just still hear things.

edit: note to forumers: those are sub-par IEMs, even for home listening. their tips fall of constantly and you can't get replacements.

Once again, there is nothing mystical about whether a headphone is open-backed or closed back. Just walk into an Apple store and check these out; you'll see what I mean about open-back instantly.

As for "trolling," I come on every once in a while to read the forums.

See you all. It's been an enlightening coversation.

Jan 8, 2007 at 12:28 AM Post #25 of 67
Quote:

Once again, there is nothing mystical about whether a headphone is open-backed or closed back. Just walk into an Apple store and check these out; you'll see what I mean about open-back instantly.

Please enlighten me on what an open-back is I obviously don't quite understand.

I always though an open back was like the SR-60 while a closed back is like an a900.

Jan 8, 2007 at 12:30 AM Post #26 of 67
Quote:

Apparently not.

Jan 8, 2007 at 12:31 AM Post #27 of 67
zeluiz22, we understand, you personally dont like "headphones". Can this thread be closed....?

Jan 8, 2007 at 12:42 AM Post #30 of 67
I like the Vibes but this is an obnoxious thread. Amongst other things, the op plagiarised his own post in another thread (which he had posted exactly one minute earlier) to start this one. Why? (It's not as big problem. I just don't get it.)

Don't blame the headphones. They're actually quite enjoyable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back