IEM-HATERS, YOUR DAY HAS COME!!
Jan 8, 2007 at 5:21 PM Post #61 of 67
Quote:

Originally Posted by zeluiz22 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's why these are the only in-ears I have bought that I will keep. They sound so great because these Vibes think they're Grados [. . .]!

It's funny, because when I finally settled down for a close listen to my vibes, that was my first thought . . . . I couldn't believe how open these sounded, like mini-Grados. I love 'em.

Jan 8, 2007 at 5:26 PM Post #62 of 67
it seems like he got offended over the run but still maybe he didnt start the thread, with intention, to inflame the IEM users. In fact, he did title the thread in somewhat positive form
wink.gif

He doesnt like IEMs. Let him..
evil_smiley.gif

Jan 8, 2007 at 7:28 PM Post #64 of 67
Perhaps I was a bit harsh, though generally throwing around 'pollyanna's and 'son's is a great way to come off like a pretentious jerk.

If the OP is in fact not a pretentious jerk, my humble apologies.

Since the Vibes are being described here as miniature open cans, I'm still very curious to see how they compare to the MS-1-- full size open cans, especially since they are at the same price point.

Jan 8, 2007 at 10:05 PM Post #66 of 67
Quote:

Originally Posted by Vicomte /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Perhaps I was a bit harsh, though generally throwing around 'pollyanna's and 'son's is a great way to come off like a pretentious jerk.

If the OP is in fact not a pretentious jerk, my humble apologies.

Since the Vibes are being described here as miniature open cans, I'm still very curious to see how they compare to the MS-1-- full size open cans, especially since they are at the same price point.

I own iGrado's and Pmx-100's. I tried MS-1's but they were too big for street use for me. I also own MS-Pro's, but comparing them would be crazy.

These provide alot of detail and also block out alot more outside noise, if that's a thing for you. They are balanced with incredible mids, maybe slightly tinny on the highest of highs (break-in helps), and provide pretty complete and detailed bass; the full bass chords and not just the boom.

The soundstage is something to be heard for tiny canalphones.

I don't agree with some reviewers who say they are bass heavy. I think the opposite, unless you attempt to block the back of the earpieces, in which case they get muddy. I would say they lean toward the Grado sound over Senns.

For me, they are exactly what I was looking for in small and inconspicuous phones.

Jan 8, 2007 at 10:25 PM Post #67 of 67
I have to say that I don't understand the bass heavy assessment either. I'm becoming more moderate in accepting what phones gives - I use to add 4dB in Rockbox below 110Hz - but I'm still adding 2 dB for most music and that's a nice balanced sound with the Vibes.

(The Vibes sound really good with Rockbox, after a 10dB precut moving the soundstage forward with crossfeed and adding that little extra punch at the low end.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back