IEM-HATERS, YOUR DAY HAS COME!!
Jan 7, 2007 at 2:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 67

zeluiz22

500+ Head-Fier
... AND YOU CAN THANK THE V-MODA VIBES.

The reason that switching tips doesn't make a difference is because these aren't traditional IEM's; they are MINI OPEN-BACK CANS.

It's both unnecessary and impossible to get a seal with these. In fact, it defeats the purpose of the open back.

That's why these are the only in-ears I have bought that I will keep. They sound so great because these Vibes think they're Grados or Senns, not Shures or Etys.

I have subsidized the purchase of many an ebay buYer in my resale of e5c's all the way down to e2c's, all the Ety's, Altec Lansing's Ety's, etc. They all sounded too compressed and two-dimensional to me. They all flattened the sound of my ipod.

IEM-haters of the world, your mini open-ear headphones have arrived!!!

Jan 7, 2007 at 6:35 PM Post #3 of 67
You mean they use dynamic drivers instead of balance armature drivers? V-Modas aren't the only IEMs that use dynamic drivers, Shure e2c, and just about every cheap IEM (EP630, CX300, FX33, EX71, etc...) are dynamic drivers.

Jan 7, 2007 at 6:52 PM Post #5 of 67
All these sensationalistic impressions/threads are driving me nuts. Cant forum members post an impression without making it read like the national inquirer?

I'd be shocked of they're as open sounding as the yuin PK1 earbuds. I havent touched my EX90 since landing a pair of these little guys.. although my D-Jayes are clearly better than the PK1 when isolation is needed.

Jan 7, 2007 at 10:05 PM Post #6 of 67
Quote:

Originally Posted by cmirza /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You mean they use dynamic drivers instead of balance armature drivers? V-Modas aren't the only IEMs that use dynamic drivers, Shure e2c, and just about every cheap IEM (EP630, CX300, FX33, EX71, etc...) are dynamic drivers.

No. I mean that they have are open-back, unlike all any "cheap" or non-"cheap" OEM.

Man, what a bunch of polyannas on this nerdsite. Thank God I visit infrequently. Flame away.

Jan 7, 2007 at 10:32 PM Post #9 of 67
Quote:

Originally Posted by zeluiz22 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
IEM-haters of the world, your mini open-ear headphones have arrived!!!

But I hate IEM's for a completely different reason
blink.gif

Jan 7, 2007 at 11:10 PM Post #10 of 67
Quote:

Originally Posted by ColdFireArow /img/forum/go_quote.gif
JBL 220 is opened back, the vibes are not they are ported in the front.

i'm sorry, but that's flatly incorrect on the Vibes. I'm holding them in my hand as I write this, looking at them and listening to the music as it plays from the back of of the earpieces.

Listen. Headphones of all kinds are a compromise. Grado GS-1000's and the best amp wont give me what my MF A5 system and B&W's does. When I'm walking around the City, I want small and inconspicuous. Even at home, I'll only use my MS-Pro's/X-Can if others are around and don't want to be bothered, as a compromise.

I believe many posters on this site believe that headphones are the finest way to listen to music, and that's why people take this site so seriously. Headphones, ANY headphones, are not that at all.

Jan 7, 2007 at 11:19 PM Post #11 of 67
Quote:

i'm sorry, but that's flatly incorrect on the Vibes. I'm holding them in my hand as I write this, looking at them and listening to the music as it plays from the back of of the earpieces.

Listen. Headphones of all kinds are a compromise. Grado GS-1000's and the best amp wont give me what my MF A5 system and B&W's does. When I'm walking around the City, I want small and inconspicuous. Even at home, I'll only use my MS-Pro's/X-Can if others are around and don't want to be bothered, as a compromise.

I believe many posters on this site believe that headphones are the finest way to listen to music, and that's why people take this site so seriously. Headphones, ANY headphones, are not that at all.

I think you misunderstand the concept of an open back.

Open back headphones tend to have an opening in the back, where the music "comes" from is a different thing known as soundstage IIRC.

Jan 7, 2007 at 11:21 PM Post #12 of 67
Quote:

.... in your opinion.

Jan 7, 2007 at 11:23 PM Post #13 of 67
Quote:

Originally Posted by kramer5150 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
All these sensationalistic impressions/threads are driving me nuts. Cant forum members post an impression without making it read like the national inquirer?

I'd be shocked of they're as open sounding as the yuin PK1 earbuds. I havent touched my EX90 or D-Jayes since landing a pair of these little guys.

Join the PK1 club! It's pretty exclusive
biggrin.gif

And to the OP, bragging about your system isnt going to make you sound 'cool'.. Seriously, i prefer listening to headphones to the best of speakers on selected music

Having a bad seal in an iem is like having massive holes everywhere in your perfectly treated listening room

Jan 7, 2007 at 11:26 PM Post #14 of 67
Quote:

Have you heard any really good headphones? Me not so sure.

Neil

Users who are viewing this thread

Back