IEM "for" iPhone with Mic and user replaceable cable?
May 2, 2011 at 3:18 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

JackTheRipper

100+ Head-Fier
Hi I'm looking for a pretty good pair of IEM with a mic and a replaceable cable since the cold weather always makes the cables on my phones crack or break. I'm not sure if this type of headphones exist but it'd be amazing for me however just a very tough/rugged/bulletproof IEMs will do :p...ideal budget would be <130$. But I could go up to 200-225$ for very good headphones with clean highs and punchy bass (not bloated).
Thanks a lot!

May 2, 2011 at 7:32 AM Post #2 of 9
hje900? except they dont have a mic.

But they have the replaceable cables and punchy bass your looking for, and im sure you could get some on the fs/trade forums for ~$100

May 2, 2011 at 7:35 AM Post #3 of 9
The only ones that come to mind are the IE8i and the mic version of the TF10.

...but I think it's pretty much impossible to find an IE8i replacement cable (with a mic) and it's pretty hard to find one for the TF10 with a mic.

May 2, 2011 at 10:55 AM Post #5 of 9
X2 on the SE215

May 2, 2011 at 9:46 PM Post #7 of 9
The Triple.fi 10vi is great, but most people prefer the Shure SE215 because it fits better and offers more isolation. Also, the mic on the UEs only has one button (play/pause or answer/end call) while the SE215 can be equipped with a 3 button controller (volume up/down, answer/end/play/pause). Both have replaceable cables.

May 2, 2011 at 9:48 PM Post #8 of 9

Quote:
Would it be worth it for me to take a plunge and get the SE315 instead? Or are they not worth the price difference?

The SE215 is a dynamic driver IEM while the SE315 is a balanced armature IEM. Dynamic drivers move more air (usually results in bass response that parallels full size headphones) while Balanced Armature drivers usually have more high end detail and clarity. Choose the sound that you prefer.

May 3, 2011 at 4:18 PM Post #9 of 9
Ordered online yesterday through earphonesolutions.com and received them a couple of hours ago...the bass is amazing straight out of the box...the sound is very clear and detailed...I'm hoping they will brighten a little bit with burn-in as they feel a bit too much analytical for me right now...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back