IEM for iphone low/mid range prices
Sep 29, 2012 at 8:36 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Chris_zuper

New Head-Fier
Im considering buying my first pair of (hopefully) good sounding and insolating IEM. However, Im dont know that much about what is good and what is not.. 

Im primarily going to use them with my iPhone without external amp (as dont have such), so they need to pretty easy driven I guess - low impedance right??...
Anyways, my budget is probably going to something like 150-200 $, however as I live in Denmark and electronics tends to be pretty pricy here compared to the US then the 200 is the upper limit, however if they will be substancially better then please recommed I would really like a nice pair of IEM. 

I been myself looking a bit around and found three pairs that might be good..? 
1. Shure SE215
2. UE 600
3. Westone UM1
Do you have any pros or cons considering these or maybe some that are even better...?

Hope the forum can help me as i would really like to some good sounding phones.

/Christian

Sep 29, 2012 at 12:27 PM Post #2 of 10
The SE215 are pretty good sounding for the price but i will recommend to buy highend IEMs from this forum under this price range like GR07, UE TF10Pro, Klipsch Image X10, Sony EX7550. 

Sep 29, 2012 at 2:57 PM Post #3 of 10
What kind of sound signature are you looking for within your price range?

Oct 1, 2012 at 5:34 AM Post #4 of 10
Hmm, as im not really into fancy words i've tried to use some of the words from the Describing sound a glossary:

I would like them to be:
Full, punchy and warm. Mostly warm I guess...

I listen to allot of different genres: classical, house, reagae, R&B, but I guess that if existing a IEM with a tight bass response and elsewise pretty neutral should give a good result. But as I said, Im totally new in this field... 
Hope i helps a bit

Oct 1, 2012 at 5:41 AM Post #5 of 10
Quote:
Hmm, as im not really into fancy words i've tried to use some of the words from the Describing sound a glossary:

I would like them to be:
Full, punchy and warm. Mostly warm I guess...

I listen to allot of different genres: classical, house, reagae, R&B, but I guess that if existing a IEM with a tight bass response and elsewise pretty neutral should give a good result. But as I said, Im totally new in this field... 
Hope i helps a bit

You may like the GR07s then.

Oct 1, 2012 at 11:32 AM Post #8 of 10
Quote:
Im considering buying my first pair of (hopefully) good sounding and insolating IEM. However, Im dont know that much about what is good and what is not.. 

Im primarily going to use them with my iPhone without external amp (as dont have such), so they need to pretty easy driven I guess - low impedance right??...
Anyways, my budget is probably going to something like 150-200 $, however as I live in Denmark and electronics tends to be pretty pricy here compared to the US then the 200 is the upper limit, however if they will be substancially better then please recommed I would really like a nice pair of IEM. 

I been myself looking a bit around and found three pairs that might be good..? 
1. Shure SE215
2. UE 600
3. Westone UM1
Do you have any pros or cons considering these or maybe some that are even better...?

Hope the forum can help me as i would really like to some good sounding phones.

/Christian

I cant give you sound reference, cause these is the best IEM i got, so i will quote what Joker has to say about them.

FXD80
Price:  +/ -  $100.00

Plenty of bass, good mids and highs, fantastic clarity and detail.

Quote Joker
The FXD80 is one of the better buys in its price range.

Oct 1, 2012 at 3:04 PM Post #9 of 10
SE215 is the way to go... although i wouldnt really call the sound 'warm' but it is punchy. For your price range i would definitely stick with the shures

Users who are viewing this thread

Back