IEM for a basshead, under $100 and $200
May 3, 2010 at 7:37 PM Post #16 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by ethan961 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
IMO another case where the charts seem to lie. My sister had a pair of Titans and they didn't seem near as bassy as that chart looks, in fact, my Atrios are bassier.

Yes, I agree, the Titans aren't that bassy - the CX300s beat them easily. Atrios are bassier than pretty much anything. But the chart is still scary-looking
tongue.gif

May 3, 2010 at 7:40 PM Post #17 of 25
Under 200? JVC FX500. Potentially Hippo VB, but I have never heard that one.

May 3, 2010 at 8:24 PM Post #18 of 25
Hippo vb or crossroad woody 2 or atrios... IMO the atrios sounds a bit more detailed than the woody

May 4, 2010 at 12:36 AM Post #20 of 25
I used to own the CX300s, they used to be my favorite IEM. The ME Electronics M9 definitely has more bass than the CX300 and can be had for around $20. Also, the bass on the M9 is better in quality AND quantity, treble is a whole lot better also. My head hurt when I listed to Kanye West's "Love Lockdown" the first few times....

The M9 is better in every way than the CX300 (except the j-cord, I'm in the vast minority but I prefer j-cords over the traditional Y-cord). I've heard the Atrio M5 has ridiculous amounts of bass as well.

But if you're looking for IEMs that rival/exceed the bass of your Alpine subs, I'm not sure such IEMs exist.

May 4, 2010 at 5:03 AM Post #21 of 25
If you are considering the cks70, why not look into the just released ath-cks90? The cks70 is the only iem I have heard so far that achieves subwoofer levels of bass. (not much else though)

May 4, 2010 at 5:08 AM Post #22 of 25
Just a warning, I wouldn't spend more than $70-80 on the Atrios, and this is from experience. A year ago or so $100 was fine, but there is better value out in the market now and the Atrios are showing their age in the value to price aspect. From what I've read, the Hippo VB has similar deep sub-bass with better highs and mids.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back