IEM for a basshead, under $100 and $200
May 3, 2010 at 2:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 25

wtfwtflol

Head-Fier
I've been a bass fan since I started to listen to music. A year ago I installed 2 15" alpine subwoofers in my car (that is a lot of bass), and since then I felt that my CX300 had little to no bass.

Recently I got an ipod touch and I feel the need for a new pair of iem.

I've been looking into these in the $100 range
-RE0
-Hippo VB
-CKS70
-Any other you recommend

What I want is deep bass, not very punchy, and good mid and highs. I'm not audiophile so I'm not into soundstage and stuff, just want to listen my music with LOTS OF BASS.

If $100 wont do, I will have to buy the Superfi 5 EB.
gs1000.gif

May 3, 2010 at 3:03 PM Post #2 of 25
re0 is definitly out of your list!

May 3, 2010 at 3:08 PM Post #3 of 25
Idk, I've been lurking this forums for hours and at least 3 people said they were bassy!! well i'll remove it from my list then.

I listen to hiphop, electronica, dnb reggae, and some dub stuff

May 3, 2010 at 3:29 PM Post #4 of 25
Sorry. My mistake. I mixed it up with Head Direct Re1.

May 3, 2010 at 3:41 PM Post #5 of 25
If the CX300 did not have enough quantity then I doubt any iem would satisfy you in terms of bass.

May 3, 2010 at 3:45 PM Post #6 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by rawrster /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If the CX300 did not have enough quantity then I doubt any iem would satisfy you in terms of bass.

Unless he had a bad seal with the CX300... But yes, the CX300 is very bass-heavy as far as IEMs go. Under $100 I haven't heard anything with more bass than the CX300. Under $200 I'll have to say Atrio M5/M8.

Scary-looking graph just because...

graphCompare.php

May 3, 2010 at 4:01 PM Post #7 of 25
Search the forum for Playaz IEMs. They have insane amounts of bass, but don't distort. Playaz N1 and Sonia II are open, N3 are closed. I can't stand listening to them without EQ, but they might be exactly what you're looking for.

May 3, 2010 at 4:04 PM Post #8 of 25
The CX300 were the perfect bassy iem for 2 years but after I installed the sound system in my car i dont feel the iem as bassy as before. I must say the seal is very good with the double flanged tip from a pair of altec lansing uph336.

What do you guys think about the superfi 5 EB vs the atrio m8?? What I dont like about the UE is the comfort, they seem pretty big and Im not used to over-the-ear. And the atrio looks like it wouldnt last too long.

Quote:

Originally Posted by james444 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Search the forum for Playaz IEMs. They have insane amounts of bass, but don't distort. Playaz N1 and Sonia II are open, N3 are closed. I can't stand listening to them without EQ, but they might be exactly what you're looking for.

But the playaz N1 looks exactly like the Kanon KM92 from DX, it sounds more balanced than my CX300, but still not enough bass
frown.gif

May 3, 2010 at 4:43 PM Post #9 of 25
^ I know the N1 and KM92 look alike, that's why I bought the KM92 too. Turned out they are completely different soundwise, the Playaz have higher SQ and much more bass (I think I posted this somewhere in the N1 thread). Still, if you want isolation go for the N3.

May 3, 2010 at 5:29 PM Post #10 of 25
I will recommend to try Hippo VB, it has interchangeable plates to be sound very bassy and they are much clear sounding than CX300. Sennheiser IE8(crisp, deep, punchy big bass) also has bass knob to get most bass from it with overall fun sound. Acutally i used 5EB(thick, fat, heavy, deep bass) for extra bass and they were very bass heavy without being too punchy. I think CKS70(solid deep punchy bass), JVC FX500(heavy deep reverbing bass without being too punchy like subwoofer), Denon C710 and Monster Turbine(crisp, deep punchy bass) are very bass heavy than CX300.

May 3, 2010 at 6:09 PM Post #11 of 25
I'll put in a vote for the UE Super-fi 5EB there's plenty of bass for electro bass type music, and the sound quality is very enjoyable.

May 3, 2010 at 6:31 PM Post #12 of 25
Thanks all for your responses!!

But after reading many reviews and comparisons, I'll be getting the Atrios M5 instead. One thing I never liked about the over the ear iems is their comfort, after few hours my ear would hurt, the atrios in the other hand does not deliver as much bass but they seem way smaller and more comfortable.

Anyone knows where do I get the M5 v2? Because the online stores doesnt say if it is v1 or v2.

May 3, 2010 at 6:36 PM Post #13 of 25
I don't think you can get the M5 v1 anymore but I could be wrong. There was a v2 on the FS forum here for under $100 a few days ago. You may also want to invest in some Shure Olive foam tips for comfort.

May 3, 2010 at 7:23 PM Post #14 of 25
My vote goes to the Klipsch image S4's.. They have all the bass you could possibly want and for $80 they are fantastic...

May 3, 2010 at 7:35 PM Post #15 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by ljokerl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Unless he had a bad seal with the CX300... But yes, the CX300 is very bass-heavy as far as IEMs go. Under $100 I haven't heard anything with more bass than the CX300. Under $200 I'll have to say Atrio M5/M8.

Scary-looking graph just because...

graphCompare.php

IMO another case where the charts seem to lie. My sister had a pair of Titans and they didn't seem near as bassy as that chart looks, in fact, my Atrios are bassier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back