IC: Alberta, Canada - Oct. 27, 07
Oct 12, 2007 at 1:20 AM Post #46 of 107
I'm surprised at the low number of Grados we have. At the first meet we had quite a few:

IMG_2047.jpg

Oct 12, 2007 at 4:41 AM Post #49 of 107
If you like, I can bring my Grado SR60s as well, to increase the Grado-ness :p . I'm personally not a huge fan though, as I like the isolation of closed phones more than the soundstage of open cans.

Oct 14, 2007 at 3:21 AM Post #51 of 107
Right, I have to check about the rooms. I haven't booked them yet, but that's what this post is going to be for. For now, I'm thinking of booking the room for 3 hours from 5 pm to 8 pm. I agree that the first room was small, but I don't know what else they offer. Surely there is one that is larger, and I will find out Monday when they are in the office. Now, does anyone have objections to the placement and length? As Yuk_Fai, you guys may want to do something afterwards, so maybe I won't put it too late. It seems that night might be an entire day affair for our resident Calgarians mb3k and Leoseller7. I think 8 pm is a pretty good time to allow for night-time dinners and clubbing. Unless you speak up, this is how things shall remain and how you should schedule.

pne: I think a couple bags of chips and some 2L pops should go okay. Including cups, I think 20 bucks should go about right but you can use your discretion.

Oct 15, 2007 at 5:46 AM Post #52 of 107
sure. think it'd be better to get cans instead? Cups are kinda easy to knock over. Also if anyone has some preference as to what kind of junk food/chip flavor/pop brand, post that up as well. Don't be shy, because I don't want to end up bringing bags of pork rinds and club soda and no one touching it!

also Jon if you need any help with setting up give me a shout. I'm finished exams by then and I probably won't be heavily listening as much as a lot of the other people, so if you need a set of hands..

Oct 15, 2007 at 3:58 PM Post #53 of 107
Hello eveyone,

I should have the new Meier headsix amp for everyone to try at the upcoming meet, not sure if anyone else has one yet? just something else to lug to the meet.

I have to work Saturday, so I will come up after work but should be there by 5pm. I think I will be bringing another headfi member up from Calgary with me, I e-mailed him and he was interested.

Also I got an e-mail from Duncan of (ipodstudio) about the new LaRocco Diablo if I wanted to be put on the order list.

Enjoy

Oct 15, 2007 at 5:28 PM Post #54 of 107
Hi,

I will try to make it if my schedule allows it!

I don't have much in terms of gear:

Source: Squeezebox 3, Kora Hermes tube DAC
Amp: Woo 6 with phillips metalbase GZ34, Headsix, LDM+
Cans: 580/Cardas, ER4S

I also have a boatload of NOS tubes if people would like to try tube rolling.

Dave.

Oct 18, 2007 at 9:25 PM Post #55 of 107
Hello,

So do we have a total number of people coming to this mini meet on Oct 27th?

Also is there some other headfi members we could contact, who might want to come but just don't know about it yet.

I'm not sure how to do a search in the members section of headfi for locations? does anybody know?

Also I'm willing to have people come up with me from Calgary to Edmonton if there is a need for a ride.

Enjoy

Oct 19, 2007 at 12:59 AM Post #56 of 107
With numbers, you can never really how many are going to be there. From what I've seen organizing other get-togethers, there's always the few that can't make it no matter what. I'm estimating around 15 people, but then Yuk_Fai said he might bring some friends.

As for a list of the people attending, it's hard to reach them because even if you do get the word out, maybe they're not interested in coming. Last meet I send out PMs to all the attendees of the previous meet and that is the one where no one showed up for an hour and a half so I left and eric.w showed up after I left. So technically 1 person came. Even if you could contact them through PM, they may not visit head-fi to see it, otherwise they probably would see the meet thread.

The current Calgary head-fiers that are supposed to come are you, Agent_Kang and mb3k. I imagine mb3k will be driving already since he wants to do some shopping, but see if Agent_Kang wants a ride.

I checked out the room, and things are looking up. I didn't book the room because I didn't have the cash on me, but I can do that either tomorrow or Monday. The room is very spacious and cosy, and it looks a lot better than the previous one. It certainly won't be as cramped, but there is a lot of room for tables to be set up. That way it'll be easier to separate the refreshments from the gear.

pne: With that said, I would actually like a little bit of help setting up the chairs and tables beforehand. I don't actually have much of an idea as to what is the best way to set them up in order to maximize enjoyment, but I'm sure we could figure it out together. Actually, with all the vinyl setups that are supposed to be coming, I wonder if we will have enough room. I'll probably hit up the room around 4 or 4:30, so we'll have a decent amount of time to set up.

It would be great if everyone could bring a powerbar or so, extension cords, etc. Better safe than sorry.

With the refreshments, I think it might be worth justifying a $10 ticket price. The room will cost $31.80 and then there is whatever the drinks and food come to. I'm not anticipating a full turnout as you can probably tell, so that will be included in the price too. Only a week and a bit left!

Oct 19, 2007 at 3:04 AM Post #57 of 107
I have to sort things out. Its looking like the gf is going to be busy with midterms/papers, but I still want to get up to Edmonton with or without her.

I'll keep yall posted.

Oct 19, 2007 at 5:35 AM Post #58 of 107
Sorry to hear that mb3k. We hope both you and your lady friend can make it up. Tell her you'll buy her some new headphones as an incentive
cool.gif

On a related note, I checked out the room, and it is pretty huge. I took some pictures on my phone that I hope reveal the true awesomeness of the room. There is also a mini fridge unseen at the bottom right of the fourth picture, so that's where we'll store the drinks. It's quite large compared to the first one, but the pictures I guess don't really communicate it. Excitement building...

Photo_101807_001.jpg

Photo_101807_002.jpg

Photo_101807_003.jpg

Photo_101807_004.jpg

Oct 20, 2007 at 3:22 AM Post #59 of 107
Seems like a good sized room, just to let you know I just bought a Benchmark DAC1 I really hope it will be in on time for the meet but I doubt it.

Edit: Well I put a rush on the DAC, 1-3 day USPS don't fail me now.
Edit 2: I have a Virtual Dynamics Power 3 cable on the way, it's only coming from Barhead so it should be here on time.

Oct 20, 2007 at 3:56 AM Post #60 of 107
Looks very nice.

I'm pretty sure I have one friend who is going to come, but I'm not sure about 2 or 3 others... think of them as a no for now.

Looking forward to trying out some gear that I don't think I'd really get a chance to elsewhere, esp. some high end headphones and other amps. Props to joneeboi for taking charge.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back