IC: Alberta, Canada - Oct. 27, 07
Sep 30, 2007 at 9:06 PM Post #16 of 107
I'm pretty sure I have a midterm the 27th, but I guess we can do it after it's done. I'll have to double check that before we reject it.

Yuk_Fai, I'd be interested in hearing the Accura SR-660. I want to hear what the fuss is about.

Oct 1, 2007 at 2:38 AM Post #17 of 107
Ooh, a Saturday midterm? Those suck.

I'd lean towards doing it the weekend after, because that's after all of my midterms, but I think I could probably swing it on the 27th as well.

Oct 1, 2007 at 10:37 PM Post #19 of 107
I think we could conceivably hold the meet in one of the SUB rooms from 6 to 9 or so. It's a flat $10/hr fee, depending on the turnout we could grab more than 1 room to fit everyone. There are pictures in the 1st meet thread, so you guys can gauge the need for multiple rooms. You need about a week or so advanced notice, but they aren't that tight about it. It's usually pretty empty, so you can almost guarantee that you'll find a room. The room rental is a pretty good service that the SU provides. A sizeable room for cheap: what more could you want?

Also, I checked and I do have a midterm on Saturday the 27th. It starts at 1400h, and I don't know how long it'll last. At any rate, 6pm - 9pm should be good, unless you guys want to leave earlier or stay longer.

Oct 2, 2007 at 3:36 AM Post #20 of 107
From all the people who replied, there's 8 of us. I'm planning on coming early so I can go shopping at WestEd, so the gf is most likely coming also = 9 of us. It'd always be great if there was even more interest in case of dropouts etc.

Oct 3, 2007 at 1:51 AM Post #21 of 107
If this is a go, I might encourage a few friends to come who are getting interested in headphones (they don't have much gear yet, if any).

I'm pretty flexible on weekends, so I could probably pull it off. The afternoons might work better though, but it's not gonna kill me to have it at night
smily_headphones1.gif

As for the Accura's Jon... they aren't anything crazy. The best thing I can say is that they're non-fatiguing, but it's only because it's not very crisp. Well, if this meet happens, you'll be able to try em out
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 3, 2007 at 4:07 PM Post #22 of 107
Sounds good, Yuk_fai. Speaking of crisp, maybe I can get my brother's ER4Ps for the meet too (got them for his birthday). You should string Linda along so mb3k's gf has another female companion to hang out with.

Oct 3, 2007 at 6:42 PM Post #23 of 107
Interested

I will hopefully have the Xin Ref (maybe early 2008), HeadAmp Pico (end of November) and the TriadAudio Lisa III Exp or the Green" Graham Slee Solo (I can't decide which amp to go for (Lisa III vs solo) but no good headphones as my wife is buying me a set of AKG K701 for christmas.

But as people must I will be getting them re-cable balanced (Copper) with a splitter for use with single ended equipment.

Going back to the meet, so if it's in Edmonton then I will have to come out (3 hr drive) but might not have any new gear for you all to try.

Could who ever is attending please re-list what you guys/gals are bringing i.e.(Sources(IPOD,CD Players) amps, headphones.

Also where have we decided we are having this meet? and when?

Leoseller7

Oct 3, 2007 at 6:51 PM Post #24 of 107
well my Xin Ref came in yesterday so right now I will be bringing:

Headphones:
audio-technica ATH-W5000
AKG K701
Sennheiser HD650 (with balanced cable)

Amps:
Headroom Microamp with desktop module
Gilmore Lite
Xin Reference

Sources:
Pioneer DV-578A
Macbook Pro
5g iPod
iPod Classic

Items I'm looking at getting before the meet:
Cambridge Audio Azur 840c
Sennheiser Orpheus system (very very slim outside chance)

Oct 3, 2007 at 8:45 PM Post #25 of 107
I'll talk with Linda, but don't hold your breath
wink.gif

I'll bring:

Headphones:
V3 Darth Beyers
Accura SR660
Koss KSC 75
AKG K81DJ

Amp:
Headphonia w/ USB DAC

Source:
iPod Color (4th Gen?)

Oct 3, 2007 at 8:51 PM Post #26 of 107
Here's my gear list:

Creative Zen Vision:M 30GB
Millett Hybrid MAX (Solen 5.1uF, Panasonic 1000uF FC, 12FK6)
Grado SR60 (rescreened, donut pads with glue mod)
Shure E4C
Koss KSC75 (kramer mod, nickel pad-mod)
RA-1 Clone (maybe)
PIMETA (maybe)
Very Simple Phono Stage (maybe)

I also have some lame CD player we had kicking around, as well as the turntable my friend had kicking around and lent to me. I have some classical music records if you guys are interested in checking that out too.

Devin, I'm very anxious to hear your stuff. I'll leave it at that.
biggrin.gif

Oct 4, 2007 at 11:16 PM Post #28 of 107
Actually, if you could bring your SR60s, pne, that'd be good for me. I've since rescreened mine and I want to hear the difference.

What do you plug your turntable into? I have this receiver that keeps dying on me when I play my records (or anything) too loudly. Once my dad returns from his trip, we'll probably get one made past the year 2000. Huzzah!

Oct 4, 2007 at 11:23 PM Post #29 of 107
I also used a vintage receivers phono stage. Not very good quality compared to CD stuff, but it is a lot of fun to listen to. I guess its the process of putting the record on the platter, starting it up, dropping the needle, etc. My setup had muddy bass, rolled of highs, and gooey warm mids, but I enjoyed it just as much as a hi-fi cdp.

Oct 5, 2007 at 1:37 AM Post #30 of 107
So have we picked a date yet? There seems to be a bit of a consensus towards the 27th of October which would make me happy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back