IC: Alberta, Canada - Oct. 27, 07
Sep 24, 2007 at 1:43 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 107

joneeboi

Headphoneus Supremus
Anyone interested in meeting up at an Alberta-wide meet?

Edmonton Meet #3

Date: October 27, 2007
University of Alberta, Students' Union Building, Room 420, 424
8900 114 Street
T6G 2J7
Map of University (PDF)

Time: 5pm to 8pm
Price: 10 CAD - 15 CAD

Attending:
joneeboi
devin_mm
Trippytiger
Leoseller7
Leoseller7's friend
mb3k
mb3k's gf (possibly)
Yuk_Fai
Yuk_Fai's gf (possibly)
Yuk_Fai's friends
aych
pne
d_w31
joneeboi's DJ friend
eric.w
AlanY
sowlinyin

Gear:
Headphones:
Accura SR660
AKG K27i
AKG K601
AKG K701
AKG K81DJ
Audio-technica ATH-W5000
beyerdynamic V3 Darth Beyers
Etymotic ER4P
Etymotic ER4S
Grado GS1000
Grado HF1
Grado SR60 (rescreened, donut pads with glue mod)
Koss KSC 75
Koss KSC75 (kramer mod, nickel pad-mod)
JVC HA-FX33 aka Marshmallows with Shure e2g foam tips
Sennheiser HD457
Sennheiser HD580 (with Cardas)
Sennheiser HD595s
Sennheiser HD600
Sennheiser HD650 (with balanced cable)
Sennheiser HD650 (original cable)
Sennheiser PX100
Shure E2G
Shure E4C
Shure SE530
Sony MDR-7506
Sony MDR-EX81
Sony MDR-EX85
Sony MDR-D66
Sony XD-300
Ultrasone PROline 750
Yuin PK3

Amps:
CK2III w/ Sigma22
Gilmore Lite
Go-Vibe V5
Headphonia w/ USB DAC
Headroom Microamp with desktop module
Little Dot Micro+
Meier Audio Headsix
Millett Hybrid MAX (Solen 5.1uF, Panasonic 1000uF FC, 12FK6)
NAD Integrated Amp
SOHA
Woo Audio 6
Xin Reference
Leoseller7's Croft Preamp

Sources:
Alien DAC
Apple Macbook Pro
Apple iPod classic
Apple iPod color 4G
Apple iPod nano 4GB 1G
Apple iPod nano 8GB 2G
Apple iPod shuffle
Apple iPod video 5G
Creative Zen Vision:M 30GB
Creative Zen Xtra 30GB
iAudio X5
Kora Hermes DAC
laptop with Creative SB Audigy 2ZS Notebook
Pioneer DV-578A
Rotel CD Player
Slim Devices Squeezebox 3
Sony DNE330S CD/Mp3/Atrac3 player
Technics Turntable (Sumiko cartridge upgrade & Audioquest headshell leads)

Other:
Corda Cross-1
Modified Linkwitz Crossfeed
M-Audio Firewire Audiophile

Maybes:
Beta22 3 Channel w/ Sigma22
Benchmark DAC1
Cambridge Audio Azur 840c
Original Electronics Master
Grado RA-1 Clone
Lite DAC-AH
PIMETA
RJM Audio Very Simple Phono Stage
Sennheiser Orpheus system
Sony CE235
Sony PS4300
Virtual Dynamics Power 3

Sep 24, 2007 at 2:08 AM Post #2 of 107
I'm in but like I posted in the other thread I have specific scheduling requirements so hopefully I can make it.

Sep 24, 2007 at 2:37 AM Post #3 of 107
Depends on when and where, I guess, but if it fits my schedule I promise I'll come this time! Really!

And I'll actually have some stuff to bring to it.

Sep 24, 2007 at 2:48 AM Post #4 of 107
I propose tentatively either Oct 26th, 27th, or 28th. I can fly to Calgary if need be so that's not an issue, I'll just need somewhere to crash
smily_headphones1.gif

As for gear I'll bring everything in my sig (maybe more
wink.gif
) except my SA1000s, turntable, and Yamaha amp. I really hope someone brings a balanced system.

Sep 24, 2007 at 4:27 AM Post #5 of 107
I think that may be either in the midst of midterms or just after. I'll have to double check my schedule.

I have my Grado SR60s (rescreened, glue-modded Jumbo pads), Millett Hybrid MAX, Creative ZVM. Maybe I'll have ordered my Alien DAC by then and maybe assembled it, but I'm not making any promises.

Sep 26, 2007 at 2:39 PM Post #6 of 107
So far it seems only Edmonton people are interested. I remember mb3k saying he would come up last year for the meet, but other than that I don't recall any other Calgarians interested in meeting. Maybe some of them can correct me.

As it stands now, the end of October seems to be best, but that's still up for grabs. I propose the University again because it's relatively cheap ($10/hr) but suggestions are still welcome. Someone's house or basement would be great too.

Last year's meet was a huge headache and huge amount of work for me, but I don't think it has to be that way this time around. Grab a room, get food, listen to stuff and chat for a couple hours (not particularly in that order). Nevertheless, I'm up for a challenge should the occasion arise.

Sep 27, 2007 at 6:08 AM Post #7 of 107
WOW!!!!!

There is actual interest in a Alberta meet, well as I said if people are really interested, one of us can set something up. I would prefer Calgary.

If it's later in the year I will hopefully have some new amps to review well only if the wife allows. I also see that someone was wanting to here the Alien DAC (MASantos) I also have one to bring.

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=235238

What would some of the gear that people would be bringing Headphones,amp,sources and music?

Looking forward to meeting up

Ryan

Sep 27, 2007 at 8:53 PM Post #8 of 107
It's good to see another Albertan out here. As nice as it would be to have the meet where we have to travel less, I think we're just going to have to with the majority.

As for hearing the Alien DAC, that would be pretty cool. I already ordered a kit from JRossel, so maybe I'll have one to compare by the time the meet rolls around. Going along with devin_mm's schedule, maybe we can try for an October 29 meet? It's tentative at this time because he's the only one who's suggested a date, so if it doesn't work we'll find another date.

I already put up my gear list but I also forgot to add my Shure E4s. So just tack that on up there.

Sep 29, 2007 at 10:24 PM Post #9 of 107
Ack!
Nice to see there's interest in another meet. This gives me some more incentive to get my projects done.

It seems as though there are more Edmontonians than Calgarians, but I have no midterms to study for this year (in fact, no school at all), so things should be better for scheduling. I can only make it weekends, b/c mon-fri I'm working 9-5.

As far as equipment goes, I've sold all of my old DIY stuff. I'm building a new setup, but right now I only have a CKKIII and a Sigma22 done. I'm gonna start the Beta22 this week.
For headphones, I can bring my HD-650's and AKG-701's. I would assume a bunch of us has these headphones already, but I'll bring them along anyway.

I'm really interested in listening to sources other than my iAudio X5.

EDIT:
I'm also getting an M-Audio Firewire Audiophile interface, so we can RMAA your amps if we have a laptop.

Sep 30, 2007 at 3:22 AM Post #12 of 107
Quote:

Originally Posted by grawk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Heh, I came in here wondering how much you were wanting for alberta
wink.gif

Well with all the oil I say 1 Trillion O.B.O. payable to me (lowball offers will be ignored).

Sep 30, 2007 at 5:18 AM Post #13 of 107
I'd like to meet up, and would prefer Edmonton. The phones are in my sig, but I may not bring them all (eg not the Accura SR660 and probably not the Grado's unless there's a special request).

Would we be meeting on campus again, or meeting at someone's place? Well, I guess we need to pick a city first
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 30, 2007 at 5:26 AM Post #14 of 107
I'd join in too. And any people in edmonton / calgary who wants to get rid of old gear PM ME!! I'm interested in buying stuff. Paypal, i'll pay the 4%, and come pickup ^_^

Sep 30, 2007 at 5:46 AM Post #15 of 107
Quote:

Originally Posted by joneeboi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You sold all your DIY stuff? That's too bad to hear. It would have been cool comparing MAXes. And how many boards are you planning to have for the B22?

Sorta... I was cleaning house.
I had a ton of duplicate parts, so instead of letting them rot in the bags, I sold the existing amps and I'm going to build new ones. We may still be able to compare Millett Maxes...

Oct 29th falls on a Monday
frown.gif
How about the 27th?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back