IC: Alberta, Canada - Oct. 27, 07
Oct 25, 2007 at 1:57 AM Post #76 of 107
I'm pretty sure I can attend. (Sorry I've missed the last couple of get-togethers, the timing hasn't worked for me.)

One thing you might consider for future get-togethers is just commandeering one of the law building rooms, especially LC231/237, both of which are free on weekends and have plugins for every seat (plus fairly clean power).

I'll bring my Grado HF-1s, maybe some other goodies too if I can find them all.

Oct 25, 2007 at 2:36 AM Post #77 of 107
Hi...... i am new to this forum...

i am in university of alberta too... i only have my EX85 and Shure SE530 with me.....

I don't know if anyone have Ultimate Ears's earbugs out of all the people who will go to this meeting..... because i really love to try 5pro and Tri 10 again....

Oct 25, 2007 at 4:28 AM Post #78 of 107
Good to see the word is getting around. It'll be good to assign a face with the username, AlanY
biggrin.gif

From the experience I had with the super.fi 3s, I found the UE fit to be extremely uncomfortable (their non-custom-molds of course). It doesn't go in that far, and accordingly doesn't isolate as well as my former E2s and current E4s. We no longer have UEs in my household. The users have converted to E2s and ER4s.

Oct 25, 2007 at 7:56 AM Post #79 of 107
Quote:

Originally Posted by joneeboi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Good to see the word is getting around. It'll be good to assign a face with the username, AlanY
biggrin.gif

From the experience I had with the super.fi 3s, I found the UE fit to be extremely uncomfortable (their non-custom-molds of course). It doesn't go in that far, and accordingly doesn't isolate as well as my former E2s and current E4s. We no longer have UEs in my household. The users have converted to E2s and ER4s.

well.... their sound quality are pretty good..... fitness wise.... u can wear them like u wear shure headphones...... actually fits better....

i have had all the Shure from E2C to E5C ...... SE210 and such... just don't have them with me right here in edmonton..... anyways ~ my name is Dennis.....Derek's friend..... you can call me DL.....so yeah ....... c u guys by then.......

Oct 26, 2007 at 1:39 AM Post #81 of 107
Well, I absolutely hate to say this, but I'm pretty sure I'm not going to be able to make it. The progress report for my group design project is due on Monday, and we're getting together to work on it on Saturday... at 4:00, because one of our guys has a midterm that day as well. Perfect timing.

That's probably going to run pretty late, but if we manage to get things together before the meet is over, I'll try to drop by and say hello.

Sorry about this.
frown.gif

Oct 26, 2007 at 2:19 AM Post #82 of 107
That sucks :\. Next time though
smily_headphones1.gif

I talked to one of my friends (he just bought a pair of Senn 595s) and he thinks he can make it. So... I should have 2 friends coming; I'll try to confirm before Friday.

The Law rooms sound like a good idea, except for the seats (which I think might be uncomfortable). But yeah, there are many classrooms around campus we might be able to 'borrow' for an afternoon... again, next time
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 26, 2007 at 5:05 AM Post #83 of 107
That's really too bad, trippy. It would have been good to have you come to the meet. You might miss out on the Orpheus and maybe Beta22s that mb3k and devin might be bringing. Alas, priorities call, right? Do try to drop by. Tell your friends you have explosive diarrhea
biggrin.gif

Oct 26, 2007 at 5:08 AM Post #84 of 107
Still no movement with the Orpheus system so don't get your hopes up
wink.gif

I just got in town 15 min ago so I'll give them a call tomorrow. Right now I'm enjoying my GS-1000s!
smily_headphones1.gif

The one thing I really need for the meet though is a pair of XLR M-F adapters because I assume we all want to hear balanced HD-650s.

Oct 26, 2007 at 5:48 AM Post #85 of 107
Yes, a balanced rig is an experience these young ears have yet to enjoy. I don't have any adapters for XLR, but I do have alligator clips and hookup wire
gs1000.gif
I think I have a XLR-F to TRS. Probably won't be any good though.

Oct 26, 2007 at 7:21 AM Post #86 of 107
Quote:

Originally Posted by devin_mm /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Still no movement with the Orpheus system so don't get your hopes up
wink.gif

I just got in town 15 min ago so I'll give them a call tomorrow. Right now I'm enjoying my GS-1000s!
smily_headphones1.gif

The one thing I really need for the meet though is a pair of XLR M-F adapters because I assume we all want to hear balanced HD-650s.

oh man, what terrible timing. My Eastsound cd-5 is dead in the water awaiting replacement parts in the mail. I really wanted to hear the balanced output compared to the regular.
If you are having trouble find the adaptors, try a music shop like axe music.

Oct 28, 2007 at 2:24 AM Post #90 of 107
I came and went
smily_headphones1.gif

Had a great time with you all... we should meet again in a few months... maybe early Jan?

Thanks to all who came again; there's some very nice gear out there (that makes me wanna spend some more haha).

Edit: I said two friends were gonna come... one had something come up, the other... well, I haven't seen him in a while :S

Users who are viewing this thread

Back