IC: Alberta, Canada - Oct. 27, 07
Oct 21, 2007 at 2:06 AM Post #61 of 107
looks great. we will set it up so it is easy for us to play musical chairs.

Everyone please remember to bring enough power cables/interconnects/adapters for yourself. Last year we had a bit of a shortage, especially when someone has a mini plug on their headphones and they'd like to listen to an amp with a 1/4 jack or vice versa.

Finally, if you have any special food requests let me know via pm. IE you want beer, pizza, guava fruit (ok maybe not). If you don't want anything and won't be eating let me know as well, so I won't have to buy for you. I'll be bringing enough food/snacks for 10-15 people. If anyone wants real food like a pizza or premade sandwiches, I can pick something up for you as well, just give me a PM.

Oct 21, 2007 at 11:51 PM Post #62 of 107
Small and crucial updates to OP.

Leoseller7: I know you're going to be getting a whole whack of stuff after the meet, but what exactly are you bringing? It's nothing more than a book-keeping issue that will keep me pumped through midterms
biggrin.gif

devin_mm: How is that Orpheus deal coming along?
k1000smile.gif
k1000smile.gif

Oct 22, 2007 at 1:33 AM Post #63 of 107
Well things aren't looking good for the Orpheus system, I'm going to try and pull a rabbit out the hat but I don't think it's going to happen.

Oct 22, 2007 at 3:16 AM Post #64 of 107
Really? That's too bad. I was really excited to hear it. That's one of the most compelling reasons to go to the National meets. You get to mingle with with K1Ks, Joe Grados, O2s etc. But dang, I have a work term so I probably can't go this year. But who knows? Maybe I'll take the $1500 hit
rolleyes.gif

Oct 22, 2007 at 3:28 AM Post #65 of 107
I might call them up and see if I can borrow it for a night.... you know to see if I want to buy it
600smile.gif
(no orpheus smiley).

Hmmm.... I hadn't thought about going to CanJam '08 but since I actually have some vacation next year I might do that.

Oct 22, 2007 at 3:52 AM Post #66 of 107
Hey. Sorry for taking forever to reply to this.. but I can most likely come
smily_headphones1.gif

I will bring my senn. hd-600 + ipod nano (1st gen 4GB), and I'll probably not bother with my amp as it's a pain to haul around. I could bring some records too if there are going to be turntables.

Sounds like this one is going to be good!

Oct 23, 2007 at 1:47 AM Post #68 of 107
Is it confirmed from 5-8? If so, that actually works better for me now
smily_headphones1.gif

Still in the process of talking to friends, but it's a 10% chance that two will go... I'm pretty sure one is coming.

Oct 23, 2007 at 5:37 AM Post #70 of 107
For food we can go with a basic chips and pop setup. If you're really motivated, I think we'd all appreciate some barbecued Korean ribs and Tibule salad. Throw in some steak, baked potatoes, and we'd all be good
biggrin.gif

The room isn't necessarily booked for 5-8 because I rushed home today after a pretty rough day (yay midterm week!). I will definitely do that tomorrow.

Oct 23, 2007 at 8:11 PM Post #71 of 107
Hey gang,

I booked the location, but there are some minor tweaks. The room I was looking at, room 402, wasn't actually Students' Union property, so I couldn't book it. I could contact the owners (Career and Placement Services) but I didn't want to have to deal with that. Instead I grabbed rooms 420 and 424 which are both adjacent to each other and one of them is where the first meet was held.

To reduce traffic and what not, I think we should throw all the turntables and records into one room and everything else into the bigger room. I don't actually know how much real estate there is available in The Vinyl Space, but we can make do with what we've got. There are plenty of chairs upon which we can put the tables if we run out of room on the table despite the inadequate damping properties of the chairs. Last time was a bit cluttered and cramped but we still had quite a bit of room. We're just going to have to be a bit more efficient with our space. Boxes, bags and other miscellaneous space-takers will need to be stored underneath the table and if need be on some chairs. If anything we can still book another room if you guys feel it's necessary.

To sum up, rooms will be 420 and 424 from 5PM to 8PM on Saturday October 27 in the Students' Union Building and it might be tight. We need 24 hours advance notice to grab it. I only grabbed the two rooms for the 3 hours because I didn't have any more cash on me. I can book the other room, but tickets will accordingly increase. As usual I updated the OP. Depending on turnout, the ticket price may vary from 10 CAD to 15 CAD. I'm sure it won't be too big a problem.

So that's that. See you guys Friday. My cell number is 78.0 96.5 2.898 in case you run into any trouble.

Oct 23, 2007 at 8:17 PM Post #72 of 107
Is there a map of SUB? I don't really know my way around the building.

Oct 24, 2007 at 4:05 PM Post #74 of 107
Well the Benchmark DAC1 is in the FedEx sorting facility in Edmonton so I will have it for the meet. I love USPS 2 Day delivery
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 24, 2007 at 4:34 PM Post #75 of 107
Hello all

What I will be bringing in regards gear

- MASantos Alien USB DAC
- 5th Gen 80G IPOD Video
- IPOD Shuffle
- Meier HeadSix (Silver)
- Sennheiser PX-1000
- Rotel CD Player
- NAD Integrated Amp
- Technics Turntable (Sumiko cartridge upgrade & Audioquest headshell leads)
- a box of Vinyl
- Goetz Pure silver cable (interconnects)
- Turbo (V13.5 special edition) mini to DOC connector (Diabolous) and
matching mini to mini cable.

- Turbo custom made them for me as a one off "so yours is V13.5 to be
more precise but I used a different soldering technique than previous models.
All this translate in a wider spectrum of sound stage, low, mid and high
frequencies and these cables sound incredible

Enjoy and see you all there

Users who are viewing this thread

Back