iBasso T5 - A newly designed small portable. Specifications.
Dec 28, 2011 at 11:26 PM Post #121 of 151

Quote:
A/B testing the T5 w/Ipod and T/5 with CLAS, much harder to notice the difference in instrument separation.  Also, unlike the pico slim, the T5 didn't produce the sharp sibilance that I experienced with my W4's.  This amp is a winner, and I'll be returning the CLAS.  The sound may not be as "accurate" but it certainly is fun and lively.

Er, really ? If I'm reading you correctly, a (cheap) portable amp has just negated the impact of being able to bypass the DAC in your iPod and you are now happy to get rid of a device that many waited years for ? I know this is a hobby of diminishing returns, but that's a little hard to comprehend - that said, I havent heard the DAC in the CLAS so it may simply be down to personal preference.

Don't get me wrong - I'm a big fan of iBasso's products, and they have my credit card details (!) - but $170 worth of Chinese amp just nixed $580 worth of high tech wizardry : you'll forgive me if I'm a little skeptical. 

Dec 28, 2011 at 11:33 PM Post #122 of 151

Quote:
Explain why.

Awesome VFM, pure and simple.

Read the P4 thread and tell me those folk aren't onto something - something big. The counter argument is that early 2012 will see so many new toys that our heads will spin - if I have to buy another P4, at least I will know what I'm getting for my $245, but right now the DX100 is completely obscuring my vision. I want them both. And some new IEMs. And a pair of HD600s.

Dec 29, 2011 at 2:26 AM Post #123 of 151

Quote:
Er, really ? If I'm reading you correctly, a (cheap) portable amp has just negated the impact of being able to bypass the DAC in your iPod and you are now happy to get rid of a device that many waited years for ? I know this is a hobby of diminishing returns, but that's a little hard to comprehend - that said, I havent heard the DAC in the CLAS so it may simply be down to personal preference.

Don't get me wrong - I'm a big fan of iBasso's products, and they have my credit card details (!) - but $170 worth of Chinese amp just nixed $580 worth of high tech wizardry : you'll forgive me if I'm a little skeptical. 

The W4 is an awesome iem but its benefits with the CLAS are marginal compared to full-sized reference headphones, maybe it's the limitation of iem's in general?  None the less, you should try it for yourself, there's some magic in this little amp for my W4's that the PB-2 couldn't do just right.  Of course it is my personal preference and I did sure pay a hefty price to get there, ROFL.

Dec 29, 2011 at 4:12 AM Post #125 of 151

Quote:
And today's bad news, the T5 just blew.  Second Ibasso to go bad on me.  *Bad Luck*?

What happened? T5 is my 3rd iBasso so far and everyone of them are running fine..

Dec 29, 2011 at 5:10 AM Post #126 of 151

Quote:
What happened? T5 is my 3rd iBasso so far and everyone of them are running fine..

It's a rocky marriage but I'm willing to work it out.
regular_smile .gif

Dec 29, 2011 at 6:11 PM Post #128 of 151
2nd PB-2 is fine, Balanced is phenomenal.  First PB-2 has issues with the battery, it was an initial batch with some grounding issues and a bad battery.  It is enroute to Ibasso.  The T5 recently blew while sitting in my pocket; it made a serious pop when turned off and had a bad connection that would cause smaller, but significantly loud pops eventually giving out fully (only a week old).  All in all, another $30 gone out for shipping and maybe more for return shipping and repairs.

Dec 29, 2011 at 6:31 PM Post #129 of 151
That's just bad luck - at least I could see exactly what went wrong when my bro-in-law put that drillbit through the PCB on my P4..... 

Jan 12, 2012 at 6:48 AM Post #132 of 151
Hello head-fier, I got my S764 > LOD > T5 > Ety HF5. I set the volume at 32 clicks (50%) and I think LOD>T5 is under power compare to the headphone out of S764 (set volume at 50%). I'm confused now, LOD>T5 is not a improve to me in term of power, SQ over S764 headphone out. Should I turn gain on or give T5 more time ? (burn in it for ~50 hours already)

Jan 12, 2012 at 8:08 AM Post #133 of 151
After a week of reading into slimline design I decided to buy this as it was the only one suitable for my budget. I hope the output ohm is less than 1 since that is what I need for my IEM.

Jan 12, 2012 at 8:13 AM Post #134 of 151
I thought I let you guys know about this. After emailing ibasso about output impedance they informed me that the output impadance is less than 1 ohm for 20H to 20KH. Not bad. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back