Ibasso T3/D vs. D-Zero
Sep 30, 2011 at 6:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

2pacalypse33

New Head-Fier
[size=12pt]Hey everyone I am looking for a portable amp and was wondering if anyone has compared the T3 vs. the D-Zero. I have read great reviews about the T3 but not sure how it compares to the D-Zero. They are both similarly priced but the D-Zero has a DAC which I don’t really know anything about. Do you think the DAC will add a lot of quality to the sound. It is usually used out of a computer or other source, not usually a portable player correct? I want to use it as a portable amp which both will serve the purpose. However when I listen at home it will usually be out of my laptop with the ipod connected to it. I am not sure how the DAC works but I believe this is when it would be useful. Sorry not very well versed in amps and dacs so if anyone has some advice I would appreciate it. My headphones will more than likely be the ES10 but the DT1350 may also be used. Thanks![/size]

Sep 30, 2011 at 7:22 PM Post #2 of 12
And here I am preparing a comparison between:

T3 - D-ZERO - Fiio E10 - ZO V2 (when its released)

Sadly, I don't have the T3D (digital volume control), so I guess you are out of luck. The rest are as cheap as you are going to find anywhere - I really dont think you can lose.

Oct 2, 2011 at 12:55 PM Post #3 of 12

Quote:
And here I am preparing a comparison between:
T3 - D-ZERO - Fiio E10 - ZO V2 (when its released)
Sadly, I don't have the T3D (digital volume control), so I guess you are out of luck. The rest are as cheap as you are going to find anywhere - I really dont think you can lose.

Hey have you posted the comparison?

Oct 2, 2011 at 1:36 PM Post #4 of 12
I have both T3D and D-zero - T3D sounds a class better than D-zero (amp only), especially on handling texture and detail. Of course T3D doesn't have USB DAC so there is no comparison there. If you listen more on the computer, I would think D-zero makes better sense. But if you listen mostly to DAP, then T3D is a more logical choice.

Oct 3, 2011 at 11:07 AM Post #6 of 12
Oct 3, 2011 at 11:51 AM Post #7 of 12

Quote:
Can the DAC be used out of an ipod as well?

No, there are only a few compact portable solutions that can do that - the Algorythm Solo and Fostex HP-P1, being the only ones I'm aware of. 

Oct 3, 2011 at 12:12 PM Post #8 of 12
Did anybody see the review that Headfonia posted?

http://www.headfonia.com/fiio-e7-meet-your-rival-the-ibasso-d-zero/

Oct 3, 2011 at 1:15 PM Post #9 of 12
Hey ClieOS do you think the sound of the t3d used as an amp out of the computer is worse than the d-zero used as a dac/amp out of the computer? Or is this too dependent on the computer? I am using a macbook pro if that helps. I think time will be split evenly between computer and dap.

Oct 3, 2011 at 1:35 PM Post #10 of 12
Quote:
Hey ClieOS do you think the sound of the t3d used as an amp out of the computer is worse than the d-zero used as a dac/amp out of the computer? Or is this too dependent on the computer? I am using a macbook pro if that helps. I think time will be split evenly between computer and dap.

Yeah, that depends a lot on how good the Macbook's headphone-out is (if it is decent, than T3D should sound good; if it is poor, D-zero will be the better choice).

Oct 3, 2011 at 7:35 PM Post #11 of 12
Hey have you posted the comparison?

Given that neither the E10 nor the ZO V2 have shipped, posting a comparison might be a tad difficult.

Based on ClieOS comments here, combined with excerpts from Mike's review, I have just scrubbed the D-ZERO in favour of another pair of phones, but I have the uHA-4 so there are plenty of amps for comparison purposes.

Oct 3, 2011 at 11:51 PM Post #12 of 12
I think Ill just get the D4 its probably worth the extra money. I don't think I'll carry an amp around as often as I think I will. Anyone thanks for everyones help. Any idea how I figure out how good the headphone out is? Is it just by listening to sound quality or is there something more technical involved? Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back