iBasso SR3 — 150Ω version of the SR2
Feb 2, 2023 at 9:00 PM Post #61 of 290
Hello, good to ear that the Radiance might be good for what i want.

Cascades are in stock in France but at 899 EUROS, so too much for me sadly.

I've upaded my original post with budget and per headphones price.

Thanks for the answer :)
How much can you get the Radiance for? I bought a set of open box and they are still the most expensive headphones I ever bought. :smile:

At list price, the Cascades were $200.00US less than the sale price of the Radiance for me.
You got a good reply on the Radiance thread from a rap fan, so the Radiance may be your go-to if you can can get a good price?

Feb 2, 2023 at 9:01 PM Post #62 of 290
I own the SR2 and recently sold my Radiance. I know I'm in the minority, but nothing stood out regarding the Radiance. Not bad by any means, but nothing special either. That being said, it is an easy listen, but I think the SR2 has better sonic characteristics.
Thanks a lot :) Will check some reviews about the SR2 to see how they sound.

Feb 2, 2023 at 9:04 PM Post #63 of 290
How much can you get the Radiance for? I bought a set of open box and they are still the most expensive headphones I ever bought. :smile:

At list price, the Cascades were $200.00US less than the sale price of the Radiance for me.
You got a good reply on the Radiance thread from a rap fan, so the Radiance may be your go-to if you can can get a good price?
I've updated my original comment with price thanks you ahah, here they are :

- iBasso SR3 (600 EUROS) , the SR2 is at 460 EUROS
- Focal Radiance (670 EUROS)
- Aeon Closed X (430 EUROS)

Feb 2, 2023 at 9:12 PM Post #64 of 290
I own the SR2 and recently sold my Radiance. I know I'm in the minority, but nothing stood out regarding the Radiance. Not bad by any means, but nothing special either. That being said, it is an easy listen, but I think the SR2 has better sonic characteristics.
I see where you're coming from on the Radiance. They have no outstanding quality to me either.
But they are the most balanced closed-back I have ever heard. And the bass is not lacking at all. It bested the 5 closed backs that I had at the time, easily. Of course it was also the most expensive. The Gjallorhorns sound very interesting, but they are too pricey for me.

Feb 2, 2023 at 9:16 PM Post #65 of 290
I've updated my original comment with price thanks you ahah, here they are :

- iBasso SR3 (600 EUROS) , the SR2 is at 460 EUROS
- Focal Radiance (670 EUROS)
- Aeon Closed X (430 EUROS)
That is a Great deal on the Radiance headphones!
Big difference on the iBasso models. Would like to hear more about the SR3's before buying though. I do enjoy my SR2's.

Feb 2, 2023 at 9:22 PM Post #66 of 290
I
I see where you're coming from on the Radiance. They have no outstanding quality to me either.
But they are the most balanced closed-back I have ever heard. And the bass is not lacking at all. It bested the 5 closed backs that I had at the time, easily. Of course it was also the most expensive. The Gjallorhorns sound very int

eresting, but they are too pricey for me.

But they are the most balanced closed-back I have ever heard. And the bass is not lacking at all. It bested the 5 closed backs that I had at the time, easily. Of course it was also the most expensive. The Gjallorhorns sound very interesting, but they are too pricey for me.
I picked mine up in the classifieds. I even sold my 9200 in favor of them. I like the Focal Clear MG much better than the Radiance. It's slightly darker, but the bass is more detailed and layered, with about the same quantity. It has more air, better soundstage and separation - definitely more musical. I'm referring to the Radiance.

Feb 2, 2023 at 9:37 PM Post #67 of 290
I

I picked mine up in the classifieds. I even sold my 9200 in favor of them. I like the Focal Clear MG much better than the Radiance. It's slightly darker, but the bass is more detailed and layered, with about the same quantity. It has more air, better soundstage and separation - definitely more musical. I'm referring to the Radiance.
Sadly the Focal Clear MG are too much for me (999 EUROS).

So for you the SR2 has better bass punch ?

Feb 2, 2023 at 9:49 PM Post #70 of 290
As for the bass, the SR2 has a more meaty and weighted bass. I also find it more focused and tactile. If the song calls for it, the bass is definitely there. The Radiance bass sounded more flat, fast, with less decay. The bass of the SR2 is more rounded if that makes sense. The SR2 has better mids imo, and the upper frequencies are more smooth without any annoying peaks. To me, the SR2 has more organic sound overall, and seems more musical. Of course, this is just my 2 cents. I know many love the Radiance, but considering that the Radiance costs almost twice as much, the added expense didn't equate in performance.

Feb 2, 2023 at 11:10 PM Post #71 of 290
As for the bass, the SR2 has a more meaty and weighted bass. I also find it more focused and tactile. If the song calls for it, the bass is definitely there. The Radiance bass sounded more flat, fast, with less decay. The bass of the SR2 is more rounded if that makes sense. The SR2 has better mids imo, and the upper frequencies are more smooth without any annoying peaks. To me, the SR2 has more organic sound overall, and seems more musical. Of course, this is just my 2 cents. I know many love the Radiance, but considering that the Radiance costs almost twice as much, the added expense didn't equate in performance.
Speaking of 2 cents...I find the SR2's make a big point of bass and have great mids.
The Radiance is nicely balanced with the Focal sound. That sound is great mids with good bass and enough treble for detail.

But, remember one is closed back and one is kind of closed, depending on your needs.

Feb 2, 2023 at 11:30 PM Post #72 of 290
Thanks you two for all of these informations.

Pretty sad that i am living in France, so i can only try the Focal Radiance, Hifiman Sundara, Aiva Zebrano, and LCD-2C in shop.

From what you are saying, for you the SR2 seems to be better an i right?

Feb 2, 2023 at 11:33 PM Post #73 of 290

Pretty sad that i am living in France, so i can only try the Focal Radiance, Hifiman Sundara, Aiva Zebrano, and LCD-2C in shop.

There is no better pertaining to headphones. It's all subjective preference based on how we prefer our sonic goodness.

Feb 2, 2023 at 11:40 PM Post #74 of 290

You are way ahead of me. I live in a small city in Canada and couldn't try any out. All of my buys are blind buys and I hope for the best.

Both have their uses. Maybe better to ask some rap fans?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back