iBasso SR3 — 150Ω version of the SR2
Jan 27, 2023 at 8:24 PM Post #17 of 290
D
What are the power requirements of these in order to reach full potential? I can drive my SR2 with all of my daps.
I would guess that these are not going to be at their best out of DAP's, although there are a few Very powerful DAP's out there.
Ohms are going up. First the SR3 and then the HD660S2.

Jan 27, 2023 at 8:31 PM Post #18 of 290
D

I would guess that these are not going to be at their best out of DAP's, although there are a few Very powerful DAP's out there.
Ohms are going up. First the SR3 and then the HD660S2.
That's my concern, though I can drive my 58X just fine. I shall wait.

Jan 27, 2023 at 8:46 PM Post #19 of 290
That's my concern, though I can drive my 58X just fine. I shall wait.
I would be Very curious to hear them on my Violectric and iFi amps.

Jan 28, 2023 at 7:27 AM Post #20 of 290
What are the power requirements of these in order to reach full potential? I can drive my SR2 with all of my daps.
I would not worry to much. Even they have 150 Ohm, the SR3 has a sensitivity of 108 dB, that is quite high.

Jan 28, 2023 at 3:15 PM Post #22 of 290
Do you find them bassy? I love the bassy feeling from my SR2's. Not basshead 'phones in any way, but a nice change from my beloved Grado's. I used them all day yesterday for classic rock and they were wonderful. Today it was all jazz and near the end I even ran them on my RebelAmp. Nice combo.
That's alot of how I feel about my Fidelio X2. I'm kind of looking at the SR3 as an upgrade, but I suppose I should wait for impressions to start filing in before I make any suggestion.
BTW, where'd you get your SR2? If there isn't a huge upgrade with the SR3, I might get the older model instead

Jan 28, 2023 at 3:34 PM Post #24 of 290
That's alot of how I feel about my Fidelio X2. I'm kind of looking at the SR3 as an upgrade, but I suppose I should wait for impressions to start filing in before I make any suggestion.
BTW, where'd you get your SR2? If there isn't a huge upgrade with the SR3, I might get the older model instead
I bought my SR2's from Shenzhen Audio in China. Coincidentally I am listening to my last two Shenzhen purchases at the same time right now. SR2's on my Little Dot MK9 as I make my way through several Lee Morgan albums. Really nice combo! I just switched over to my Violectric amp and it sounded bright??? That was weird.
My Shenzhen brothers are singing well today.

I paid $487.00US as I had some points built up from the amp purchase. I have bought from Shenzhen several times and always have good experiences.

Last edited:
Jan 28, 2023 at 3:39 PM Post #25 of 290
The bass from my SR2 I find dang near perfect, at least better than most everything I've owned.
I wouldn't compare it to my Elex bass, but it is very nice. And the Clears seem even bassier.
To me, my Grado GH2's are awesome in the mids and above. And the SR2's are awesome in the mids and below. It is a nice ying and yang whereas I find the Focals to be a true W-shaped headphone with bass, mids and treble all checking in nicely.
I Love that all three are so different, to my ears at least.

Jan 28, 2023 at 4:12 PM Post #26 of 290
Bloom Audio for me

Jan 28, 2023 at 4:36 PM Post #27 of 290
I received an email from iBasso, confirming that the pads (both versions) on the SR3 are the same as those on the SR2.

Jan 28, 2023 at 4:40 PM Post #28 of 290
I received an email from iBasso, confirming that the pads (both versions) on the SR3 are the same as those on the SR2.
Very curious to see what the difference will be, sound wise.

Jan 28, 2023 at 4:43 PM Post #29 of 290
From what I remember, you will find that move to be a large upgrade. I had the X2's for a while, but it didn't work out.
Maybe some dealers will start discounting SR2's? :relaxed:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back