iBasso P4, D6, D12?
Sep 9, 2012 at 8:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Triangle3

Head-Fier
Well, I'm really trying to decide between the P4 and the D6 or D12, but then I'm trying to decide between the D6 and D12. 
I just need help. lol
Any input is appreciated. I don't REALLY need a DAC, but it would be nice. I like the amping ability of the P4, but I kinda want a DAC also.  Not really wanting to spend lots of money, but w/e...

Sep 18, 2012 at 8:40 PM Post #3 of 10
No one? Wow... lol

deadhorse.gif

Sep 19, 2012 at 3:31 PM Post #4 of 10
I've owned the D6 and P4. If you don't need the DAC get the P4. It is the better amp. Sound quality was better, you get additional opamps included, and the fit and finish seemed a bit better. And with mine at least, the P4 had a much better channel balance at low volumes.

mitsu

Sep 19, 2012 at 4:53 PM Post #5 of 10
Quote:
I've owned the D6 and P4. If you don't need the DAC get the P4. It is the better amp. Sound quality was better, you get additional opamps included, and the fit and finish seemed a bit better. And with mine at least, the P4 had a much better channel balance at low volumes.

mitsu

No one can tell me anything that will actually help?
That is the most pointless post.

Sep 19, 2012 at 6:46 PM Post #6 of 10
they are all different enough you just have to decide what features you need.

the p4 is just an amp
d6 is a very similar amp with a usb dac
and the d12 is nearly the same as the d6 but has optical/coax/usb in.

I'd go with the p4 for portable use, d6 for portable/computer use, or d12 if you plan to get a dap with optical/coax out.

Sep 19, 2012 at 7:03 PM Post #7 of 10
Quote:
they are all different enough you just have to decide what features you need.

the p4 is just an amp
d6 is a very similar amp with a usb dac
and the d12 is nearly the same as the d6 but has optical/coax/usb in.

I'd go with the p4 for portable use, d6 for portable/computer use, or d12 if you plan to get a dap with optical/coax out.

NO WAY. THAT'S ABOUT AS HELPFUL AS THAT OTHER POST.
eek.gif

deadhorse.gif

I want to have people's input who OWN them and can write a helpful sentence or two or three.

Sep 21, 2012 at 12:53 AM Post #9 of 10
The DAC in my D4 died inside 3 months - mini-USB connection broke and it functioned purely as an amp. The P4 is a better amp in every conceivable way, but you clearly want a DAC/amp so I'll leave it there. 

Sep 21, 2012 at 5:26 PM Post #10 of 10
Quote:
I have OWNED them. If you need whimsical pleasantries describing each amp I suggest you use the search function for full reviews. It's not difficult.

WHY ELSE THE HELL WOULD I BE MAKING A NEW THREAD? I USED THE DAMN SEARCH BUTTON FOR CRYING OUT LOUD.

I KNOW YOU OWN THEM, BUT ALL YOU ARE SAYING IS WHAT I CAN LOOK UP ON iBasso's WEBSITE.

Quote:
The DAC in my D4 died inside 3 months - mini-USB connection broke and it functioned purely as an amp. The P4 is a better amp in every conceivable way, but you clearly want a DAC/amp so I'll leave it there. 

That's more helpful than all those useless posts above.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back