iBasso IT07 IEM, 7 Drivers. Release: Mid. November 2020
Jun 2, 2021 at 4:58 PM Post #301 of 409
I love my IT07, with similar tuning consider also Tansio Mirai Land that is fantastic.😊

Jun 2, 2021 at 5:43 PM Post #302 of 409
Jun 3, 2021 at 5:14 AM Post #303 of 409
Hello!
I am looking for some advice with regards to getting the IT07. I have some options in mind, but I would like some input into where should i put my investment in.

I will be visiting my dealer tomorrow, and some of my options are the IT07, CA Solaris 2020, Empire Ears Hero. In terms of value and from what i’ve read here, it seems that IT07 is a beast, and i’m heavily leaning towards them.

I would love to audition them before purchasing but with covid restrictions, that is not possible.

Currently i am using the Moondrop Starfield and Shure SE 846 with the ibasso DX300 as my source. I listen to a lot of jazz, classical, rnb and hip hop.
With the IT07 you are on the safe side and you can't go wrong, then considering that you have the DX300 you would make an incredible combination!

Jun 4, 2021 at 8:37 AM Post #304 of 409
Hello!
I am looking for some advice with regards to getting the IT07. I have some options in mind, but I would like some input into where should i put my investment in.

I will be visiting my dealer tomorrow, and some of my options are the IT07, CA Solaris 2020, Empire Ears Hero. In terms of value and from what i’ve read here, it seems that IT07 is a beast, and i’m heavily leaning towards them.

I would love to audition them before purchasing but with covid restrictions, that is not possible.

Currently i am using the Moondrop Starfield and Shure SE 846 with the ibasso DX300 as my source. I listen to a lot of jazz, classical, rnb and hip hop.

From the other '07 thread, fyi
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/iba...t-you-are-listening-with.948502/post-16387902

Value is very high on the '07 and should complement ur 846, for sheer treble details with excellent mids, sub-bass to boot, and a larger sound field too...

07.png

Jun 4, 2021 at 8:57 AM Post #306 of 409
Azla sedna Earfit short

Jun 4, 2021 at 9:49 AM Post #307 of 409
Jun 14, 2021 at 12:55 AM Post #308 of 409
Hello gents, I have already posted my short experience with these headphones, and yet I want to give them the maximum chance to be in my collection... I have a problem with sibilants that I am completely uncomfortable listening to half of my music collection and especially vocals ... after burning for more than 75 hours the situation changed for the better, but did not solve the main problem ... I would like to know, relying on your experience, how many hours they need to burn up and whether the burning will give an audible result at the end, maybe someone faced a similar problem? I understand that the headphones are most likely lighter, but on many forums found that sibilants are not typical for the iT07, which is strange.
I tried different tips, changed the filters (gold and black) but slightly reduced the sibilance using tips with wide outlet... I'm already thinking of ordering a copper cable, just to check ... I will be grateful for any advice ... well, I also do not exclude the possibility of a defect.
p.s. I use DX300 and 228, with AS T-800 and Westone W40, there are no sibilants on these headphones and everything is comfortable.

Jun 14, 2021 at 1:47 AM Post #309 of 409
Hello gents, I have already posted my short experience with these headphones, and yet I want to give them the maximum chance to be in my collection... I have a problem with sibilants that I am completely uncomfortable listening to half of my music collection and especially vocals ... after burning for more than 75 hours the situation changed for the better, but did not solve the main problem ... I would like to know, relying on your experience, how many hours they need to burn up and whether the burning will give an audible result at the end, maybe someone faced a similar problem? I understand that the headphones are most likely lighter, but on many forums found that sibilants are not typical for the iT07, which is strange.
I tried different tips, changed the filters (gold and black) but slightly reduced the sibilance using tips with wide outlet... I'm already thinking of ordering a copper cable, just to check ... I will be grateful for any advice ... well, I also do not exclude the possibility of a defect.
p.s. I use DX300 and 228, with AS T-800 and Westone W40, there are no sibilants on these headphones and everything is comfortable.

Order the pure copper oxygen free cable & time to roll tips. My 1670ss was very, very bright @ 1st. i upgraded to high quality litz 4, cores 4 ofc. The Sony tips below are treble peakiness killers, better than the aet-08.
https://www.e-earphone.jp/products/detail/19199/1630/

Re: iem breaking in / weathering (burn in), this is more on getting used to the new sound or brain burn in. Seems you are quite sensitive to treble peaks.
By now, you should be accustomed to the dx300/it07 pairing.
I'd decline to reco. the Final e-type black/red, i'm still in the process of ordering...

Jun 14, 2021 at 2:10 AM Post #310 of 409
Just a suggestion. The cable designer, builder / seller is very reliable and is very well used to sending products to your current location.
They are extreme value for money.
https://penon-official.com/product/penon-fiery/

Jun 14, 2021 at 2:12 AM Post #311 of 409
Jun 14, 2021 at 3:23 AM Post #312 of 409
Jun 14, 2021 at 4:18 AM Post #314 of 409
Thank you, ehjie for you advises.
You're welcome. I was in your shoes 3 years ago. Whilst it was (emphasis on past tense) true that my 1670ss was really hot up top. I managed to solved that, and i don't see any reason why the IT07 can't be solved. They are a great set. With copper cables, expect fuller mids, better bass texture and that forthcoming smoothed out trebles.
To add the Sony EP-EX11 as your ear tips - you can say good bye to those unpleasant treble peaks and welcome fuller, resolving, smoother upper trebles...

Last edited:
Jun 14, 2021 at 5:02 AM Post #315 of 409
@Roman Syd did you read @twister6 review?
You can find a great comparison with ibasso CB16 cable vs stock cable, see below.
https://twister6.com/2021/01/26/ibasso-it07/

IT07 stock silver vs CB16 spc cable.

Based on what I’m hearing, stock silver cable has a little wider and airier soundstage expansion in comparison to CB16 spc cable. I hear the sound with CB16 being a little smoother and slightly more relaxed, while with stock silver cable the sound is tighter, faster, and more revealing, especially more micro-detailed in mids. Not a huge difference, but I can hear it and was able to pick one cable vs the other in a blind test. Regarding aesthetics, I do like CB16 cable better because of its unique purple color, softer wires (vs stock cable being a little stiffer and springy in comparison), and low-profile L-shape 4.4mm plug. But the stock pure silver cable gives IT07 higher resolution and crisper details, especially when it comes to mids and vocals. One cable is not better than the other, but rather a matter of personal pair up preference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back