iBasso IT07 IEM, 7 Drivers. Release: Mid. November 2020
Jun 17, 2021 at 3:02 AM Post #316 of 409
Hello gents, I have already posted my short experience with these headphones, and yet I want to give them the maximum chance to be in my collection... I have a problem with sibilants that I am completely uncomfortable listening to half of my music collection and especially vocals ... after burning for more than 75 hours the situation changed for the better, but did not solve the main problem ... I would like to know, relying on your experience, how many hours they need to burn up and whether the burning will give an audible result at the end, maybe someone faced a similar problem? I understand that the headphones are most likely lighter, but on many forums found that sibilants are not typical for the iT07, which is strange.
I tried different tips, changed the filters (gold and black) but slightly reduced the sibilance using tips with wide outlet... I'm already thinking of ordering a copper cable, just to check ... I will be grateful for any advice ... well, I also do not exclude the possibility of a defect.
p.s. I use DX300 and 228, with AS T-800 and Westone W40, there are no sibilants on these headphones and everything is comfortable.
Did you manage to reduce the sibilance with tip/cable rolling?

Wanted to know how these would compare to Andro 2020.. anyone?

Jun 17, 2021 at 3:22 AM Post #317 of 409
My IT07s aren't harshing or sibilant at all, even with the original cable. However I changed it with the Fiio LC-RE and they have acquired even more balance without losing the definition and their very engaging character. My two cents.

Jun 17, 2021 at 3:37 AM Post #318 of 409
Did you manage to reduce the sibilance with tip/cable rolling?

Wanted to know how these would compare to Andro 2020.. anyone?
Nop, and I really sad about that because I tried even the copper cable… perhaps I have defected unit or maybe I am very sensitive to this kind of sound, but again I can listen Westones W40 without issues, and they are bright…

Jun 17, 2021 at 4:05 AM Post #319 of 409
I would tell you that perhaps there is no synergy with the dap you use, but I cannot do it because I have used them with all my daps and they have not shown any flaws of excessive brilliance. I don't know if you can compare them to other iem apart from the Westones, or if they really have construction problems.

Jun 17, 2021 at 4:46 AM Post #320 of 409
I would tell you that perhaps there is no synergy with the dap you use, but I cannot do it because I have used them with all my daps and they have not shown any flaws of excessive brilliance. I don't know if you can compare them to other iem apart from the Westones, or if they really have construction problems.
I am using them with DX300 😂 also compared with AS T800, as well no sibilance…
Btw even with DX228, situation slightly better but still uncomfortable…

Last edited:
Jun 28, 2021 at 9:13 PM Post #321 of 409
I am using them with DX300 😂 also compared with AS T800, as well no sibilance…
Btw even with DX228, situation slightly better but still uncomfortable…
The best way I have found, to find where I am sensitive is to load a tone generator such as THIS one, which lets you adjust and see the frequency you are listening to. note at which frequency it is uncomfortable, and then adjust the EQ in that region. If it helps, then you are sensitive to those IEMs (or there is another hot spot). I don't always go by FR curves posted on IEMs because they can be inaccurate.

Jun 28, 2021 at 11:28 PM Post #322 of 409
BTW! I am also currently using the AS T800 with the DX300, and the DX160, and also find no fatigue, but on some of the older Fiio DAPs (X5, and X3II) they can become fatiguing to my ears. For me it is in the 3k(ish) region.

Jun 29, 2021 at 1:02 AM Post #323 of 409
BTW! I am also currently using the AS T800 with the DX300, and the DX160, and also find no fatigue, but on some of the older Fiio DAPs (X5, and X3II) they can become fatiguing to my ears. For me it is in the 3k(ish) region.
Exactly, fatigue, but IT07 not at all for me… do you have IT07 what filter do you use and what cable and tips please?

Jun 29, 2021 at 1:20 AM Post #324 of 409
The best way I have found, to find where I am sensitive is to load a tone generator such as THIS one, which lets you adjust and see the frequency you are listening to. note at which frequency it is uncomfortable, and then adjust the EQ in that region. If it helps, then you are sensitive to those IEMs (or there is another hot spot). I don't always go by FR curves posted on IEMs because they can be inaccurate.
The problematic Sibilance is along this freq. FR graph shared by the enthusiasts serve as guideline only.
Its the users sensitivity to some freq. range is more important
1624943427117.png

@Roman Syd 's case, sensitive to that 8k peak...
1624943843355.png

1624943883145.png

Jun 29, 2021 at 1:52 AM Post #325 of 409
The problematic Sibilance is along this freq. FR graph shared by the enthusiasts serve as guideline only.
Its the users sensitivity to some freq. range is more important
1624943427117.png

@Roman Syd 's case, sensitive to that 8k peak...
1624943843355.png

1624943883145.png
That is exactly the idea that I was trying to relay. And you are probably right. But some are sensitive to other areas (even though the 8K region looks boosted). For myself as an example; I am not sensitive to 6k-9k, but am to 2k-5k (after using this slider to check), on most headphones/IEMs. I know the FR curves are guidelines only, and use them as such. :)

Exactly, fatigue, but IT07 not at all for me… do you have IT07 what filter do you use and what cable and tips please?
Mine will be here Wednesday of this week. I will give them a good listen, and let you know. Hope you get it figured out... :)

Jun 29, 2021 at 1:56 AM Post #326 of 409
Nop, and I really sad about that because I tried even the copper cable… perhaps I have defected unit or maybe I am very sensitive to this kind of sound, but again I can listen Westones W40 without issues, and they are bright…

Pure Copper may not be enough in this case. there should be a plating to "arrest" that extra glare up top.
GD849, Headfi Review

Jun 29, 2021 at 2:04 AM Post #327 of 409
Re: Tips Sony EP-EPX11 is a Treble peak killer. It had great success in taking out the same on my 1670ss
I'll buy this after a couple of days...
1624946579973.png

Jun 29, 2021 at 2:09 AM Post #328 of 409
Re: Tips Sony EP-EPX11 is a Treble peak killer. It had great success in taking out the same on my 1670ss
I'll buy this after a couple of days...
1624946579973.png
Final E are some of my favorite go-to tips, and I agree with taming treble peaks. I also like to use them in IEMs that have fitment issues because they are nice and tacky, and hold well without irritation (for me anyhow).

Jun 29, 2021 at 2:16 AM Post #330 of 409
And at the same time I am negotiating with one of our local (Russian) cable manufacturers. Will see how it will help me.

I like IT07, like their sound but the peaks sometimes making me crazy 🤪

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back