iBasso IT07 IEM, 7 Drivers. Release: Mid. November 2020
Apr 15, 2021 at 4:24 AM Post #286 of 409
Yeah, i did. They got a different tonality. Penta more organic, IT07 a grander sound field, better Holographic presentation
Thanks, which did you prefer?

Apr 15, 2021 at 4:51 AM Post #287 of 409
Thanks, which did you prefer?
How about by priority?
Immediately, i'd go for the '07, in a heart beat

For collection (near Future) Meze Penta. (i started this hobby from vinyl, therefore, i very much dig the tonality)
In fact, i already got in my stable the Orbs, something of similar tuning, but w/ less technical capabilities...

Apr 15, 2021 at 11:23 AM Post #288 of 409
I'd say, a richer tone (Penta). If you're into vinyl, you know what i mean. They're not actually warm to my ears, using the dx300 & the dx229 as source.
They give off a really pleasant analog sound.
Whilst '07, the crispier pair. The main difference, a larger presentation on the'07, esp. Sound field Height...
Ah, so not really tonality -- more timbre?
If you like a touch of warmth on mids consider also Penon Volt.
Yes, I found it intriguing that comparison between '07 & Penta seemed to be close to what I hear comparing '07 and Volt.

Apr 16, 2021 at 3:16 AM Post #289 of 409
Ah, so not really tonality -- more timbre?
and imaging - '07 larger height and width, Depth similar
Yes, I found it intriguing that comparison between '07 & Penta seemed to be close to what I hear comparing '07 and Volt.
I'd say, i'd like to hear the Volt one day. This pair should be very interesting. Per reviews and impressions from the dedicated thread.
For me, this should be a better comparator to the Rai Penta - in my perception, they both belong to the same Timbral family...

Last edited:
Apr 16, 2021 at 12:02 PM Post #290 of 409
and imaging - '07 larger height and width, Depth similar

I'd say, i'd like to hear the Volt one day. This pair should be very interesting. Per reviews and impressions from the dedicated thread.
For me, this should be a better comparator to the Rai Penta - in my preception, they both belong to the same Timbral family...
Could I also suggest that you try the Fir Audio VxV if you get the chance?

I think you may like them given your comments.

Apr 16, 2021 at 6:28 PM Post #291 of 409
May 11, 2021 at 4:20 PM Post #292 of 409
I bought many iem after the IT07, even much more expensive like the IER-Z1R or with more hype like the Monarch ... but I have to say one thing about the IT07 and that is that every time I listen to them I always feel like it's the first time that I listen to high-level iem. They don't impress with particular effects or exaggerated properties, but they have a balance that is hard to find in any other iem you can compare with. They have personality, style, control, are defined without being analytical, full of bass without being dark, with high crisp and detailed without being harsh. The more I listen to them, the more I realize how undervalued they are here on Head Fi as on other sites ... it will be for the price that is neither cheap nor stellar, it will be for the brand that is not exotic like others or noble for production of iem, for the signing which is not for basshead nor treblehead, it will be because they are not so sponsored or discussed on the forums, it will be ... but it is a mistake not to consider these iem as something special. It is enough just to see in the few comparisons with what type of iem they are compared and at what cost. We talk about Unique Melody Mest (OG and MKII) ... about Thieaudio Monarch ... about Campfire Solaris / Andromeda ... about Penon Volt ... about Audio64 U12T / Trio, about Meze Rai Penta ... also about Tansio Mirai Land ... but there is too little talk about iBasso IT07, in my opinion it is a mistake.
Finding 1500 euros iem that beat them is rare... under 1000 euros it is impossible and I paid 680 euros for them ... but we always look for the exotic ... the particular ... the different ... when that we often want is right under our eyes ... or should I say ears. :wink:

May 11, 2021 at 4:32 PM Post #293 of 409
I really love IT07, it’s second only behind Mest Mk2

May 15, 2021 at 3:58 PM Post #294 of 409
I bought many iem after the IT07, even much more expensive like the IER-Z1R or with more hype like the Monarch ... but I have to say one thing about the IT07 and that is that every time I listen to them I always feel like it's the first time that I listen to high-level iem. They don't impress with particular effects or exaggerated properties, but they have a balance that is hard to find in any other iem you can compare with. They have personality, style, control, are defined without being analytical, full of bass without being dark, with high crisp and detailed without being harsh. The more I listen to them, the more I realize how undervalued they are here on Head Fi as on other sites ... it will be for the price that is neither cheap nor stellar, it will be for the brand that is not exotic like others or noble for production of iem, for the signing which is not for basshead nor treblehead, it will be because they are not so sponsored or discussed on the forums, it will be ... but it is a mistake not to consider these iem as something special. It is enough just to see in the few comparisons with what type of iem they are compared and at what cost. We talk about Unique Melody Mest (OG and MKII) ... about Thieaudio Monarch ... about Campfire Solaris / Andromeda ... about Penon Volt ... about Audio64 U12T / Trio, about Meze Rai Penta ... also about Tansio Mirai Land ... but there is too little talk about iBasso IT07, in my opinion it is a mistake.
Finding 1500 euros iem that beat them is rare... under 1000 euros it is impossible and I paid 680 euros for them ... but we always look for the exotic ... the particular ... the different ... when that we often want is right under our eyes ... or should I say ears. :wink:
Which one you like the most... Monarch/mest/IT07

May 15, 2021 at 4:34 PM Post #295 of 409
May 16, 2021 at 5:36 AM Post #297 of 409
So you just sorted them in descending price order, interesting. :)
The Mest, as I said, have not arrived yet so I cannot express a judgment even if reading the reviews they compare them to much more expensive iem so I wouldn't be surprised they were the best. As for the IT07 and the Monarch I can tell you that the IT07 are much more all-rounder than the Monarch, while the latter have specific characteristics that make them unique in their own way. The lows of the Monarchs are deeper than the IT07 and the highs more ringing and extended. Their weak point are the mid-lows and the mids, where the IT07s are much richer and more defined. In the end it depends on what you are looking for in an iem ... if you are looking for something that you are amazed by the characteristics and the definition take the Monarch, if instead you are interested in that all the music you listen to you look beautiful take the IT07. Monarchs need great dap and some level recordings to shine, the IT07s are much less demanding and sound awesome even with $ 100 dap and less accurate recordings. It all depends on what we are looking for ... if the best in certain conditions better the Monarch, if instead the best with what you have the IT07. The Monarchs are more pointed on the highs and lows therefore more revealing and analytical, the IT07 much more balanced and enjoyable. The choice is yours.
If I had to choose which ones to keep and which to sell ... I would keep the IT07, luckily I don't have to choose.
Last and not least, remember that both the IT07s and the Monarchs simply destroy iem that cost more than double and it's not that hard for me to believe.
I thank Head-Fi and those who attend it for never having stumbled upon epic fail in the purchase of iem.

Last edited:
May 16, 2021 at 8:24 AM Post #298 of 409
The Mest, as I said, have not arrived yet so I cannot express a judgment even if reading the reviews they compare them to much more expensive iem so I wouldn't be surprised they were the best. As for the IT07 and the Monarch I can tell you that the IT07 are much more all-rounder than the Monarch, while the latter have specific characteristics that make them unique in their own way. The lows of the Monarchs are deeper than the IT07 and the highs more ringing and extended. Their weak point are the mid-lows and the mids, where the IT07s are much richer and more defined. In the end it depends on what you are looking for in an iem ... if you are looking for something that you are amazed by the characteristics and the definition take the Monarch, if instead you are interested in that all the music you listen to you look beautiful take the IT07. Monarchs need great dap and some level recordings to shine, the IT07s are much less demanding and sound awesome even with $ 100 dap and less accurate recordings. It all depends on what we are looking for ... if the best in certain conditions better the Monarch, if instead the best with what you have the IT07. The Monarchs are more pointed on the highs and lows therefore more revealing and analytical, the IT07 much more balanced and enjoyable. The choice is yours.
If I had to choose which ones to keep and which to sell ... I would keep the IT07, luckily I don't have to choose.
Last and not least, remember that both the IT07s and the Monarchs simply destroy iem that cost more than double and it's not that hard for me to believe.
I thank Head-Fi and those who attend it for never having stumbled upon epic fail in the purchase of iem.
I didn’t listen Monarch but also Tansio Mirai Land is an amazing deal and can play in the same IT07 league☺️, love both and I can say could be an IT07 with same monarch bass/highs…

Last edited:
Jun 2, 2021 at 3:44 PM Post #299 of 409
Hello!
I am looking for some advice with regards to getting the IT07. I have some options in mind, but I would like some input into where should i put my investment in.

I will be visiting my dealer tomorrow, and some of my options are the IT07, CA Solaris 2020, Empire Ears Hero. In terms of value and from what i’ve read here, it seems that IT07 is a beast, and i’m heavily leaning towards them.

I would love to audition them before purchasing but with covid restrictions, that is not possible.

Currently i am using the Moondrop Starfield and Shure SE 846 with the ibasso DX300 as my source. I listen to a lot of jazz, classical, rnb and hip hop.

Jun 2, 2021 at 4:13 PM Post #300 of 409
I owned the Solaris SE (before IT07) and didn't hang onto it because it wasn't enough of an improvement over the IT04 (my best IEM at the time) to justify the price. I've never hear the EE Hero.

To me, the IT07 will be a good compliment to the SE 846, having significantly more treble energy, and being generally more evenly balanced than the Shure.

I think you will have to decide if it's enough better than your Starfield to justify the cost -- tonality should be similar, but IT07 will provide a whole 'nother level of imaging and detail. If you get the '07 and keep them, I suspect your Starfield will be 'relegated'.

But I also think the Starfield is a great value, and the '07 leans that direction, punching well above its weight (price tag).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back