iBasso IT07 IEM, 7 Drivers. Release: Mid. November 2020
Jun 29, 2021 at 2:23 AM Post #331 of 409
And at the same time I am negotiating with one of our local (Russian) cable manufacturers. Will see how it will help me.

I like IT07, like their sound but the peaks sometimes making me crazy 🤪
Agree!
LOL, Take it as a challenge @Roman Syd. Imagine fixing a treble peak for 2 years (that's me). 95 % of my albums don't have sibilance, just so happen the other 5% are my most. Fav albums, lol.
By upgrading the cable
1624947653439.png
, tremendous reduction in those peaks. now just fine tuning those minor ones via tip rolling...

Jun 29, 2021 at 2:24 AM Post #332 of 409
And at the same time I am negotiating with one of our local (Russian) cable manufacturers. Will see how it will help me.

I like IT07, like their sound but the peaks sometimes making me crazy 🤪
You could also dm Alexey (Hans). He's very helpful, based in Moscow...

Jun 29, 2021 at 2:58 AM Post #333 of 409
You could also dm Alexey (Hans). He's very helpful, based in Moscow...
I am dealing with Sboch, already ordered from him few years ago hybrid cable, and till today it’s in perfect condition, and quality is on top.

but unfortunately it’s not solution for IT07😕

Attachments

• 55B7300E-73BC-4B1D-865A-54F465CE9801.jpeg
    55B7300E-73BC-4B1D-865A-54F465CE9801.jpeg
    453.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jun 29, 2021 at 3:13 AM Post #334 of 409
I am dealing with Sboch, already ordered from him few years ago hybrid cable, and till today it’s in perfect condition, and quality is on top.

That's hybrid, you need Litz 5 pure copper for '07, NO silver of any content...

Jun 29, 2021 at 3:17 AM Post #335 of 409
Jun 29, 2021 at 3:22 AM Post #336 of 409
Jun 30, 2021 at 7:08 AM Post #337 of 409
Jun 30, 2021 at 8:59 AM Post #338 of 409

If you are still having issues after all that, there is always Ostry Tuning Tips I bought a set a couple years ago, and can attest they work really well for filtering out highs.

Jun 30, 2021 at 12:19 PM Post #339 of 409
If you are still having issues after all that, there is always Ostry Tuning Tips I bought a set a couple years ago, and can attest they work really well for filtering out highs.

This Fella' from France even shared the strengths! Merci!
1625069378696.png

1625069466831.png

Here's another Link just in case.
Seems very effective due to the integrated Mesh...

Jun 30, 2021 at 3:29 PM Post #340 of 409
So, mine finally arrived today, and @Roman Syd you are right. To my ears they are pretty hot for me too, even compared to the T800 and my HD700. While I have not burned them in yet, I have been fiddling with them a bit. After listening to that tone generator online, I have come to the conclusion that it is not (to my ears) the 7k spike, but the smaller 2-3k spike that is getting me. BA drivers usually get me there because of that BA timbre. My T800 took some time to get used to in that same area, as well as my Dunu DK2001. These seem to be much stronger in that area. But to my ears these are pretty rolled off in the upper treble. I own the Sennheiser HD700, and this is a lot like how they are tuned. They used the 7k region to give them a perceived sparkle up top, even though they are warm if you take that spike away.

I have confirmed this is the case for my ears by using a 10 band EQ and lowering 2k by -4dB, and 3k by -2dB, and raising 12k by +6 dB (to compensate the dullness that the 2-3k subtraction adds to the sound). YMMV!

These songs are great at revealing the hot-spot for me. Give them a listen, then set that EQ and see if it helps:
Channel West Coast - Nada and Quiet Riot - Let's Get Crazy. Also, pretty much anything from Alice In Chains....

Overall, my first impressions beyond that hot-spot to my ears is really good thus far. But, I don't mind using some EQ. I have very very few pairs that I don't have to tweak just a touch for my ears.

Jun 30, 2021 at 4:01 PM Post #341 of 409
So, mine finally arrived today, and @Roman Syd you are right. To my ears they are pretty hot for me too, even compared to the T800 and my HD700. While I have not burned them in yet, I have been fiddling with them a bit. After listening to that tone generator online, I have come to the conclusion that it is not (to my ears) the 7k spike, but the smaller 2-3k spike that is getting me. BA drivers usually get me there because of that BA timbre. My T800 took some time to get used to in that same area, as well as my Dunu DK2001. These seem to be much stronger in that area. But to my ears these are pretty rolled off in the upper treble. I own the Sennheiser HD700, and this is a lot like how they are tuned. They used the 7k region to give them a perceived sparkle up top, even though they are warm if you take that spike away.

I have confirmed this is the case for my ears by using a 10 band EQ and lowering 2k by -4dB, and 3k by -2dB, and raising 12k by +6 dB (to compensate the dullness that the 2-3k subtraction adds to the sound). YMMV!

These songs are great at revealing the hot-spot for me. Give them a listen, then set that EQ and see if it helps:
Channel West Coast - Nada and Quiet Riot - Let's Get Crazy. Also, pretty much anything from Alice In Chains....

Overall, my first impressions beyond that hot-spot to my ears is really good thus far. But, I don't mind using some EQ. I have very very few pairs that I don't have to tweak just a touch for my ears.
Probably not super-helpful, but around the same price range, Penon Volt have a similar signature, but you might prefer them, since the biggest difference is that they sound more 'relaxed' in the upper mids/lower treble.

Just saying ...

Jun 30, 2021 at 4:14 PM Post #342 of 409
Probably not super-helpful, but around the same price range, Penon Volt have a similar signature, but you might prefer them, since the biggest difference is that they sound more 'relaxed' in the upper mids/lower treble.

Just saying ...
Thanks for the rec! I am not giving up on these at this point. Without that spike these are pretty fantastic. They may calm down a bit after burn-in, like the T800, and DK2001 did.... :)

Jun 30, 2021 at 10:15 PM Post #343 of 409

You are right, thank you for info🙂 I received new pair from Paul, and I’m burning them now, at the same time preparing some stuff for them as like ordered copper cable, new tips and thinking about AMP12 for my DX300😂

Last edited:
Jun 30, 2021 at 10:27 PM Post #344 of 409
You are right, thank you for info🙂 I received new pair from Paul, and I’m burning them now, at the same time preparing some stuff for them as like ordered copper cable, new tips and thinking about AMP12 for my DX300😂
You are welcome! Are the new ones as hot for you as the others? Reason I asked, is if you are also sensitive to the 2-3k region like I am, and not the 7k, the copper cable won't help much (if at all).

OOOH, Amp12. I have considered it carefully. I think I'm going to wait on that one for a time. I have only had my DX300 for a week (or a little more), and don't have this amp card fully burned-in yet. Not sure it can sound any better (to my ears), only different. And, I am pretty darned happy with the current sound atm. hehe

On a side note. They are indeed starting to calm down some. I don't know if it is burn-in, or brain burn-in, or a combination of both. I have been burning them in for about 12-13 hours now. Good thing this DAPs batteries last forever.... :yum:

Jun 30, 2021 at 10:55 PM Post #345 of 409
You are welcome! Are the new ones as hot for you as the others? Reason I asked, is if you are also sensitive to the 2-3k region like I am, and not the 7k, the copper cable won't help much (if at all).

OOOH, Amp12. I have considered it carefully. I think I'm going to wait on that one for a time. I have only had my DX300 for a week (or a little more), and don't have this amp card fully burned-in yet. Not sure it can sound any better (to my ears), only different. And, I am pretty darned happy with the current sound atm. hehe

On a side note. They are indeed starting to calm down some. I don't know if it is burn-in, or brain burn-in, or a combination of both. I have been burning them in for about 12-13 hours now. Good thing this DAPs batteries last forever.... :yum:
The new ones also hot but after almost 25h burn-in it becomes better… Or as you said maybe it’s brain burn-in… Honestly I like them, even with sibilance, so I will try maximum options to reduce the peaks😃
And yes DX300 is great DAP, I love it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back