iBasso IT07 IEM, 7 Drivers. Release: Mid. November 2020
Jul 7, 2021 at 2:37 PM Post #361 of 409
Jan 29, 2022 at 10:05 AM Post #365 of 409
Incoming IT07 here. Found one for a super great price! Have heard it on a headphone show and loved it! Looking forward to own and extensively listen to it! :)

Jan 29, 2022 at 10:42 AM Post #367 of 409
Incoming IT07 here. Found one for a super great price! Have heard it on a headphone show and loved it! Looking forward to own and extensively listen to it! :)
Congratulations! You have a gem there IMO. These are my favorite IEMs. Make sure you condition them for at least 20-40 hours. While it won't change the sound signature, it will smooth out the peaks and stuff like that. Let us know your impressions on them after you have had a chance to listen to them for a bit?!

Jan 29, 2022 at 8:21 PM Post #368 of 409
Good to hear. How much did you pay?
41000 yen (320 Euros) for a display piece that literally looks like new and comes with all (untouched!) accessories! I couldn’t say no to this! The used market is amazing in Japan!

Last edited:
Jan 29, 2022 at 9:23 PM Post #369 of 409
41000 yen (320 Euros) for a display piece that literally looks like new and comes with all (untouched!) accessories! I couldn’t say no to this! The used market is amazing in Japan!
WOW! That is amazing. I would have done the same thing. Great find.

Jan 29, 2022 at 9:36 PM Post #370 of 409
WOW! That is amazing. I would have done the same thing. Great find.
It was sold by a big electronic goods retailer (Sofmap) that also have a branch for used stuff. But usually they sell more typical consumer products , so I was surprised to find the IT07 on their webpage. It was a lot more at the beginning (70 000 yen), so I put it on my watchlist for a while. But I think because their usual customers are not Headfi people they could not sell it for months - so they suddenly reduced the price to almost 50%, I guess to get rid of it! Couldn`t believe it by myself :beyersmile: Lucky one...

Last edited:
Jan 29, 2022 at 9:40 PM Post #371 of 409
It was sold by a big electronic goods retailer (Sofmap) that also have a branch for used stuff. But usually they sell more typical consumer stuff, so I was surprised to find the IT07 on their webpage. It was a lot more at the beginning (70 000 yen), so I put it on my watchlist for a while. But I think because their typical customers are not Headfi people they could not sell it for months - so they suddenly reduced the price to almost 50% off, I guess to get rid of it! Couldn`t believe it by myself :beyersmile: Lucky one...
Yeah, that is a steal, even at used prices IMHO. Did it come with all of official accessories, including the warranty card?

Jan 29, 2022 at 9:42 PM Post #372 of 409
Yeah, that is a steal, even at used prices IMHO. Did it come with all of official accessories, including the warranty card?

Yep! Accessories are all untouched and still shrink wrapped! I even purchased an extra 3 years (!) Sofmap warranty with it, for only another 2500 Yen (20 Euros)!

Last edited:
Jan 29, 2022 at 9:50 PM Post #373 of 409
Yep! Accessories are all untouched and still shrink wrapped! I even purchased an extra 3 years (!) Sofmap warranty with it, for only another 2500 Yen (20 Euros)!
I'll just say it then, you made out like a bandit! :smiling_imp:

Normally I have a hard time pulling the trigger on used IEMs that are BA, because they are very delicate, and if dropped even from short distances, can be damaged (the rod suspended between the two magnets pulling on it becomes misaligned).

So, if the accessories were sealed what tips were they using on them, another official set?

Jan 30, 2022 at 8:30 AM Post #374 of 409
I'll just say it then, you made out like a bandit! :smiling_imp:

LOL :darthsmile:

Normally I have a hard time pulling the trigger on used IEMs that are BA, because they are very delicate, and if dropped even from short distances, can be damaged (the rod suspended between the two magnets pulling on it becomes misaligned).

Yeah, I know what you mean, especially if it is about purchasing expensive stuff. But the good thing about Japan is, that the second hand business is “crazy” in a very positive way here. By that I mean if something is being sold “used” here, usually it looks and works absolutely perfect, like new, has been checked many times and you can buy an extra warranty for only a few more quids. Unthinkable in Europe.
I have bought about 20 earphones used over many years in Japan and I never had a serious issue. Ok, once or twice I had drivers stop working, just as you say, but that was always after having used them for several years...unfortunately I guess that can happen any time in our hobby....

So, if the accessories were sealed what tips were they using on them, another official set?

About the tips, I don`t know to be honest. :sweat_smile:The earphones came with some mid sized half transparent ones installed, the little plastic bags with all of the other tips seemed all to be untouched (that is what I meant by "sealed" - which would make sense for a display piece). But I have not counted if some were missing, meaning the two that were installed might have been taken out of those bags carefully (they can be closed again)..... or they were other ones added by the shop that sold it.

My first impression of the IT07 is I definitely really like it.
It seems like a wonderfully rounded package with a much better cost performance ratio than many other earphones in the same or higher price bracket.
Love the presentation, build and stock cable especially! And the sound is really nicely balanced. Bass is very tight and punchy and treble very well extended. I used to own the IT04 (really liked that one, too) and I can hear the similarities and differences. All in all they sound similar, but the IT04 had more focus on the mids, while bass and treble sounded less extended.

Will compare it in detail to my other earphones the next days....

Last edited:
Jan 30, 2022 at 5:50 PM Post #375 of 409
About the tips, I don`t know to be honest. :sweat_smile:The earphones came with some mid sized half transparent ones installed, the little plastic bags with all of the other tips seemed all to be untouched (that is what I meant by "sealed" - which would make sense for a display piece). But I have not counted if some were missing, meaning the two that were installed might have been taken out of those bags carefully (they can be closed again)..... or they were other ones added by the shop that sold it.

My first impression of the IT07 is I definitely really like it.
It seems like a wonderfully rounded package with a much better cost performance ratio than many other earphones in the same or higher price bracket.
Love the presentation, build and stock cable especially! And the sound is really nicely balanced. Bass is very tight and punchy and treble very well extended. I used to own the IT04 (really liked that one, too) and I can hear the similarities and differences. All in all they sound similar, but the IT04 had more focus on the mids and bass and treble sounded less extended.

Will compare it in detail to my other earphones the next days....
If they were blue/white, then they were the Tennmak Whirlwinds that come preinstalled on them (which are very nice btw). If they are the Whirlwinds, they would have already been installed. That means you probably did indeed have sealed accessories packets.

I think they are pretty consistent on their tuning IMO. I have the IT 01S and you can definitely hear similarities. They simply get more refined at the higher levels (and maybe small tweaks to the tuning).

Look forward to hearing more from you about them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back