iBasso IT07 IEM, 7 Drivers. Release: Mid. November 2020
Jan 28, 2023 at 10:34 PM Post #391 of 409
Because of a new purchase, i had to recently decide whether to sell my IT07 or Fir VxV. While I love both sets, I could not justify to keep them both, because overall they are quite similar in terms of sound and type of set. In the end, I kept the IT07, because it fits slightly better to my musical preferences - I listen to a lot of electronic music.
To share my impressions of the two in direct comparison: While - again - they do sound quite similar, the VxV has a slightly flatter approach on both ends and the IT07 is more dynamic and slightly v-shaped. VxV pronounces mids and lower treble more, while IT07 lifts sub bass and higher treble. This is why IT07 sounds a bit more exiting and shows more contrasts in electronic music, while also sounding a bit more layered. On the other hand, VxV brings vocals more to the front and renders them very naturally, while with IT07 they sound slightly more distant. Technically and in terms of resolution they are quite even to my ears, it’s more a question of preferences and music styles.

Hope this helps folks who also need to decide between both - I guess the target group is very similar :)

Last edited:
Jan 30, 2023 at 5:27 PM Post #392 of 409
Because of a new purchase, i had to recently decide whether to sell my IT07 or Fir VxV. While I love both sets, I could not justify to keep them both, because overall they are quite similar in terms of sound and type of set. In the end, I kept the IT07, because it fits slightly better to my musical preferences - I listen to a lot of electronic music.
To share my impressions of the two in direct comparison: While - again - they do sound quite similar, the VxV has a slightly flatter approach on both ends and the IT07 is more dynamic and slightly v-shaped. VxV pronounces mids and lower treble more, while IT07 lifts sub bass and higher treble. This is why IT07 sounds a bit more exiting and shows more contrasts in electronic music, while also sounding a bit more layered. On the other hand, VxV brings vocals more to the front and renders them very naturally, while with IT07 they sound slightly more distant. Technically and in terms of resolution they are quite even to my ears, it’s more a question of preferences and music styles.

Hope this helps folks who also need to decide between both - I guess the target group is very similar :)
I am not a basshead by any means, but the bass on this set is simply heavenly (IMHO). I have enjoyed these immensely and think that they didn't really get the hype that they deserved/deserve from the beginning.

In the beginning with these, I found the presence region to be too hot for my ears, but they really calmed down over time and with conditioning. I can't say that it was brain-burn-in because I can come back to them after NOT listening to them for long periods of time, and they do NOT hurt my ears like the did in the beginning. This is strange to me, as BA drivers aren't normally known to need any conditioning.

Also, these pair deliciously with the DX300 and the Amp13 Nutube card (haven't heard 14 yet though). Or, if I use the gold or black filter, with Amp12 card (known to be more analytical).

Jan 30, 2023 at 10:24 PM Post #393 of 409
Also, these pair deliciously with the DX300 and the Amp13 Nutube card (haven't heard 14 yet though). Or, if I use the gold or black filter, with Amp12 card (known to be more analytical).
DX312 + 07, synergises very well. Enjoy that enormous sound field, esp. that jaw dropping depth...

Feb 6, 2023 at 9:14 AM Post #394 of 409
IMG_3055.jpeg

Still my very good friend! :)

Last edited:
Jun 5, 2023 at 4:16 AM Post #396 of 409
Have compared the new 64 Audio U4s and iBasso IT07 today and I‘d say they are pretty comparable. Generally similar direction in terms of tonality and technicalities, just u4s sounds a bit wider and has a tad less bass, while IT07 sounds even more dynamic and impactful but slightly more intimate.
In my imagination I was maybe selling the iBasso and get the U4s, but I discarded that plan now 😅
iBasso still have an amazing price permormance ratio in that „class“ - imo!
But also nothing bad to say about the u4s either. Fantastic earphone! 😊

Jun 5, 2023 at 8:26 AM Post #397 of 409
Have compared the new 64 Audio U4s and iBasso IT07 today and I‘d say they are pretty comparable. Generally similar direction in terms of tonality and technicalities, just u4s sounds a bit wider and has a tad less bass, while IT07 sounds even more dynamic and impactful but slightly more intimate.
In my imagination I was maybe selling the iBasso and get the U4s, but I discarded that plan now 😅
iBasso still have an amazing price permormance ratio in that „class“ - imo!
But also nothing bad to say about the u4s either. Fantastic earphone! 😊
Nice to see that others are still enjoying the IT-07. For me, these have been (one of my) end game sets for some time. I have enjoyed them so much that I really haven't looked around for other sets to replace them. Of course, I am always on the lookout for other sets to fill in the gaps of "different" sounding sets though.

It is good that 64 Audio has found a way to make the staging larger. I have always thought of the IT-07 as being very big for a set of IEMs, so if they have pulled that off, then good for them. :)

I also love the price: performance ratio that iBasso (often) delivers. I have a couple of their "budget" sets of IEMs also and find them to be overall similar to the IT-07, but with their own unique sound, and I love them as well.

Jul 2, 2023 at 10:46 AM Post #398 of 409
To those who, like me, still love the sound of the IT07, I recommend trying the Spinfit W1 tips... even more details and an even more "magical" sound, this will be the result. :wink:

Jul 10, 2023 at 12:29 PM Post #399 of 409
Hi, recently been interested into the IT07, has anybody had a chance it to compare it to the Nanna 2.1, IE600, or other sub 1k DD/DD-hybrid? Looking for textured and well done bass with good midrange and smooth treble. Thanks! :)

Jul 24, 2023 at 6:46 AM Post #400 of 409
it07.jpg

and here comes the Eros S...

Jul 30, 2023 at 7:45 AM Post #401 of 409
Let's start from the fact that the Eros S is an excellent cable and that you can choose the double connection (2 PIN+mmcx) for a few euros more to be able to use it with all the iems. My initial fear is that the cable would exponentially increase the bass already very present in the IT07, but fortunately this was not the case. What increases with regard to bass is not the quantity, but rather the quality. Now they sound much more controlled, defined, deep... but never overflowing into the mids (which was my main fear). In the mids, on the other hand, it increases the definition and brings them slightly further, realizing the typical W sound of the iBasso even better. The highs, on the other hand, become razors... rich in detail and definition and much more extensive, filling the non-offensive setting typical of the IEM. They practically go in the opposite direction to that chosen for the sound by the iBasso engineers who tried not to make the highs offensive at the cost of a little definition... now the definition is there and you can hear it but always without exaggerating with the brilliance. For me it is the right cable to enhance the already excellent characteristics of the IT07s, it brings out the best in them but without distorting them both in terms of sound and price. If you like the IT07 and you don't want to resell them as many have done (wrongly in my opinion) with the Eros S you will make them even better without breaking the bank.

P.S. having not yet reached 100 hours I think there is further room for improvement.

Jul 30, 2023 at 3:12 PM Post #402 of 409
Let's start from the fact that the Eros S is an excellent cable and that you can choose the double connection (2 PIN+mmcx) for a few euros more to be able to use it with all the iems. My initial fear is that the cable would exponentially increase the bass already very present in the IT07, but fortunately this was not the case. What increases with regard to bass is not the quantity, but rather the quality. Now they sound much more controlled, defined, deep... but never overflowing into the mids (which was my main fear). In the mids, on the other hand, it increases the definition and brings them slightly further, realizing the typical W sound of the iBasso even better. The highs, on the other hand, become razors... rich in detail and definition and much more extensive, filling the non-offensive setting typical of the IEM. They practically go in the opposite direction to that chosen for the sound by the iBasso engineers who tried not to make the highs offensive at the cost of a little definition... now the definition is there and you can hear it but always without exaggerating with the brilliance. For me it is the right cable to enhance the already excellent characteristics of the IT07s, it brings out the best in them but without distorting them both in terms of sound and price. If you like the IT07 and you don't want to resell them as many have done (wrongly in my opinion) with the Eros S you will make them even better without breaking the bank.

P.S. having not yet reached 100 hours I think there is further room for improvement.
Nice take on these!

As for me, they are still my favorite IEMs. I switched out the pure silver (stock) cable for the DUNU DUW-02 cable which helped. These are also very sensitive to the signature of the source (probably more so than they are with switching cables IMO). These pair incredibily well with the DX300, and the different amp cards tune it to the desired signature I want to hear at that time. Amp13 Nutube card is probably the best with these for my ears. But the Amp12 card is so decidedly analytical that it tightens everything up and is just fantastic also.

The filters also do a great job of changing the sound. They do such a good job that I ordered some Ostry Filter Tips for my all BA set also (rather than messing with trying to hassle with the "Knowles filters" that can be very tricky to extract). While they aren't "night and day" in their difference, they are more than just subtle to the point that you have to listen very closely to hear the difference.

But the number one factor with these was time. The BA timbre was pretty prominent when I first got these, and only conditioning them through much time have they calmed down to be less "ear piercing". When I first got these, I ALMOST sent them back (you can read my comments on this thread about the issue) because it hurt my ears in that region; I am very sensitive to that area anyhow. Other than that 3K boost, these are tuned perfectly for my ears. I will never get rid of these. :)

Last edited:
Aug 16, 2023 at 12:14 AM Post #403 of 409
Hey everybody, I am waiting on a set to arrive Thursday, got them used so hope they weren't dropped or get stomped by the mailman! Nicest set I can compare to is imr rah which I finally figured out tuning filters and tips, for some reason that was supremely difficult! Still actually kinda fiddling with them but it's pretty close for me at least. I am glad the it07 only has three filters 😅 piece of cake comparatively.

If one of the ba's were damaged from dropping is the sound of that readily apparent? Not that I doubt the seller very nice guy just never heard ba's before.

Nov 21, 2023 at 6:04 AM Post #404 of 409
Hi all, I am new in this area and bought me a ISN Neo 5, which is beautifull. Now I want to buy a second IEM which should be an Upgrade.
For that I picked out two IEMs:
iBasso IT07 and Thieaudio Oracle OG

Are these a lot better than my Neo 5? I wish a sound signature of neutral with bass boost, details, separation of instruments.
Thank you.

Nov 21, 2023 at 3:13 PM Post #405 of 409
Hi all, I am new in this area and bought me a ISN Neo 5, which is beautifull. Now I want to buy a second IEM which should be an Upgrade.
For that I picked out two IEMs:
iBasso IT07 and Thieaudio Oracle OG

Are these a lot better than my Neo 5? I wish a sound signature of neutral with bass boost, details, separation of instruments.
Thank you.
As the owner of the IT07 I can only recommend them, they are excellent IEMs... but there is a but...
I would certainly recommend them to you if there wasn't this offer these days... perhaps the last chance to get an iem of this level also because the new model costs 2k euros. If details are what you are looking for... with this you will find them to your satisfaction... recommended Effect Audio Ares 8W cable to be purchased separately at Hifigo.

https://shop.musicteck.com/collections/um-unique-melody/products/um-universal-mest-mkii

Users who are viewing this thread

Back