iBasso IT04 IEM, 4 Drivers. Enjoy the Music! Release: July 2, 2018
Aug 8, 2018 at 9:33 AM Post #1,201 of 1,733
I agree
I find a difference between the PWA 5 (full cooper) and the stock cable, with the IT04.

Aug 8, 2018 at 9:37 AM Post #1,202 of 1,733
Anyone tried a tin plated cable with the it04? I see a lot of tin plated cables available but don't know much about the supposed properties of them.

BTW, listening to ambient to music on the it04 is delightful. These are definitely my go to pair for mellower music with a good bass oomph.

Aug 8, 2018 at 9:55 AM Post #1,203 of 1,733
Hi @Geared4me,

As is often said in the controversial world which is cable rolling, base sound signature doesn't change with cable rolling but cable rolling does 'tune' the sound, whether it is noticeable or not is a highly subjective & personal...

Eg, personally I like CB 13 with IT 04 over the stock CB 12 as I feel there is wider staging & slight lift in clarity but that's just me.

Just my humble opinion.

Hope you have a great day !

Thanks for the suggestion. I am thinking about giving the Triton8 occ silver a shot, do you have any experience with it?

Aug 9, 2018 at 1:19 AM Post #1,204 of 1,733
Thanks for the suggestion. I am thinking about giving the Triton8 occ silver a shot, do you have any experience with it?

I do, though I don't own the IT04 (but I read most of this thread). From the described sound signature of relaxed but natural, I'd say the Triton8 is a good choice. It will add a touch of sparkle to the highs and probably tighten the bass while leaving the quantity as is. I've not yet found and IEM the Triton8 didn't pair well with. I own both the all silver and hybrid versions.

-Collin-

Aug 9, 2018 at 4:56 AM Post #1,205 of 1,733
Had the chance to demo them today at my local distributor. Fairy neutral and very balance. At first I think the tonality is kinda bland but I like it the more I listen to them.
Excellent clarity even when compare to something twice its price. Not a massive drop in mid range clarity compare to something like UE18+ which has immense clarity and tranparency. Seperation and micro detail are not quite there though.
If the treble is a bit more refined and has more air it would be perfect but at this price point it hardly a fault.

All of this come from someone who hate how the IT03 sounds A LOT. Massive effort from Ibasso this time around. I seriously consider buying them right now :)

Last edited:
Aug 9, 2018 at 5:13 AM Post #1,206 of 1,733
Had the chance to demo them today at my local distributor. Fairy neutral and very balance. At first I think the tonality is kinda bland but I like it the more I listen to them.
Excellent clarity even when compare to something twice its price. Not a massive drop in clarity compare to something like UE18+ which has immense clarity and tranparency. Seperation and micro detail is not quite there though.
If the treble is a bit more refined and has more air it would be perfect but at this price point it hardly a fault.

All of this come from someone who hate how the IT03 sounds A LOT. Massive effort from Ibasso this time around. I seriously consider buying them right now :)
You may want to consider the IMR-R1 in that case, it seems to fit your preference.

Aug 9, 2018 at 12:51 PM Post #1,209 of 1,733
Anyone tried a tin plated cable with the it04? I see a lot of tin plated cables available but don't know much about the supposed properties of them.

BTW, listening to ambient to music on the it04 is delightful. These are definitely my go to pair for mellower music with a good bass oomph.

Avoid tin plated it's used to stop oxidation and does a good job at that, but it's a bad conductor and better suited to high frequency like video. So even though the changes might be marginal you'll still want to get the cleanest signal from your source to iems, there again you might like the sound of it so as long as it's very cheap it's not going to be a waste of your cash, get it as a put me on and see if you can source a silver plated one at your leisure or better still just get solid silver.
Never been a fan of the mixed metals / hybrid cable, they look nice and I thats about it. A pure good quality 7N copper and a pure silver cable is all you need, a lot of the time it's the connectors that are the quality issue being gold plated brass rather than say gold plated terrilium copper or my favourite silver / rhodium plated copper.

Aug 11, 2018 at 1:06 PM Post #1,210 of 1,733
I listened to the it04 for at least 30 more hours this week. They're just such an easy pair to get along with. Excellent all around pair. My two gripes are that I get the best seal from silicone tips (settled on kz starline MEDIUM, not sure why, but others advice to go down a size works with these) which just aren't as comfortable as foam tips over several hours, and they are a bit laid back and lacking in dynamics for some genres.

Aug 11, 2018 at 1:18 PM Post #1,211 of 1,733
I go smaller size and pull up the top of my ear as I insert them, this helps get them in deeper. I got used to it in a few weeks and seals like a custom. The tip pack from the Ue900s is probably the best tips I have tried. To go deeper the size has to be just right. Like when Goldilocks did a B&E at the three bears house and started trying out tips of the bears IEMS. If you get those armatures closer to your ear drum treble should increase in theory.

Aug 12, 2018 at 5:18 AM Post #1,212 of 1,733

Hi @Geared4me,

No, I have not played with any Triton8 cables though I have heard a lot about them just not about to spring for any without more research or especially demo.

Maybe one day, at this stage, got more than enough for cable rolling, don't need anymore just yet.

Aug 12, 2018 at 7:36 AM Post #1,213 of 1,733
Hi @bahamot,

Not a whole lot of difference using IT 04 with GS 849, that cable works better with IT 01 in my personal &/or subjective humble opinion, I prefer the CB 13 with IT 04 as it offers slightly wider staging than stock cable CB 12.

Keep in mind, cable rolling doesn't change base sound signature, only tunes it, whether it is enough to notice is another story.

What cable do you like best with IT04?

Thanks.

Aug 12, 2018 at 10:59 PM Post #1,214 of 1,733
I've spent all day a/b'ing these with my Andromeda and my isine20 now that I have 250 hours on them.

Exactly what I was looking for. Yup, the iSine 20 does require a lot of tweaking if you don't have the Cipher cable and running on iOS. Throw in that I am an audio newbie... I do like the sound, though. Quite a bit.

I listen to a lot of classical - mostly baroque and neo, Delta blues, synthwave, and heavy/prog Metal (Iron Maiden and Ghost are my most played bands). I don’t mind some emphasized bass - just not a fan of boomy bass, esp on those occasions I spin up some hip-hop.

Interesting that you find the iBasso soundstage wider than the Andromedas. I've read mostly the opposite. How do you find the comfort? I recently picked up and returned the Fiio FH5 (for reasons other than comfort), and the short nozzle was a pain. I understand the iBasso IT04s have a longer nozzle.

Aug 13, 2018 at 1:10 AM Post #1,215 of 1,733
Exactly what I was looking for. Yup, the iSine 20 does require a lot of tweaking if you don't have the Cipher cable and running on iOS. Throw in that I am an audio newbie... I do like the sound, though. Quite a bit.

I listen to a lot of classical - mostly baroque and neo, Delta blues, synthwave, and heavy/prog Metal (Iron Maiden and Ghost are my most played bands). I don’t mind some emphasized bass - just not a fan of boomy bass, esp on those occasions I spin up some hip-hop.

Interesting that you find the iBasso soundstage wider than the Andromedas. I've read mostly the opposite. How do you find the comfort? I recently picked up and returned the Fiio FH5 (for reasons other than comfort), and the short nozzle was a pain. I understand the iBasso IT04s have a longer nozzle.
Actually, I agree with SciOC. The IT04s sound deeper and wider compared to the andromedas. Perhaps it's because the IT04s are clearer sounding.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back