iBasso IT04 IEM, 4 Drivers. Enjoy the Music! Release: July 2, 2018
Jan 26, 2021 at 5:27 AM Post #1,728 of 1,733
I had an IT04 from the first batch and both sides are still pristine. Not contradicting those who've had issues of course, but I'd imagine this is a fairly isolated issue that's occurred on a few units. I think such issues can - and do - happen to anyone making large quantities of IEMs, even $1K+ flagships from premium brands.
The good news either way is that on the rare occasions when I've had any issues with iBasso gear, the customer service has been exceptional and things were swiftly resolved. Hope this helps those who might be wondering :)

Apr 21, 2021 at 12:02 AM Post #1,729 of 1,733
Re: IT04 / AM05 from @Xinlisupreme

They have not been opened yet, the Demo units.
Will audition them, too in order to have a proper comparison...

Jul 2, 2021 at 8:06 AM Post #1,730 of 1,733
hi guys, just a quick question, i just broke my cb12 cable.

any recommendation on replacement cable, i was looking at CB13 and the new CB17.

can i know what the 2 different? (i know that the CB13 is a near perfect cable for it04, but the cb17 look good too)

Jul 2, 2021 at 9:28 AM Post #1,731 of 1,733
Na go for a penon OS849. Best pairing for the IT04 by far. Gives meat to the sound and expands stage. it is excllent pairing and it wont cost that much. That is what I use. Never looked at another cable on the IT04 since.

Jul 2, 2021 at 11:39 AM Post #1,732 of 1,733
hi guys, just a quick question, i just broke my cb12 cable.

any recommendation on replacement cable, i was looking at CB13 and the new CB17.

can i know what the 2 different? (i know that the CB13 is a near perfect cable for it04, but the cb17 look good too)
I don't see where the CB17 can be mmcx terminated. Not listed at all on iBasso site (which is a sad forest of 'Out of Stock' containing just a few live items).

I've been listening to a lot of IT07 & Penon Volt lately, so:

I don't always IT04, but when I do, I reach for CB-13 :)

Seriously, I like it a lot more than CB-12. As @Dsnuts said about the OS849, CB-13 adds meat. Not sure I hear expanded headstage from the CB-13 vs CB-12, but that might be a significant differentiator. Personally, I've never enjoyed SPC cables, and while it might just be personal preference/bias, all of the ones I've tried just seemed flat/lifeless. I've actually gone to pure silver cables for most of my cans. For my best IEMs it's pure silver for Volt and CB-13 for IT07.

Price on the Penon OS849 is certainly attractive, and I've always gotten fast/accurate service from them (also always great service from iBasso website as well).

Jul 2, 2021 at 10:43 PM Post #1,733 of 1,733
I don't see where the CB17 can be mmcx terminated. Not listed at all on iBasso site (which is a sad forest of 'Out of Stock' containing just a few live items).

I've been listening to a lot of IT07 & Penon Volt lately, so:

I don't always IT04, but when I do, I reach for CB-13 :)

Seriously, I like it a lot more than CB-12. As @Dsnuts said about the OS849, CB-13 adds meat. Not sure I hear expanded headstage from the CB-13 vs CB-12, but that might be a significant differentiator. Personally, I've never enjoyed SPC cables, and while it might just be personal preference/bias, all of the ones I've tried just seemed flat/lifeless. I've actually gone to pure silver cables for most of my cans. For my best IEMs it's pure silver for Volt and CB-13 for IT07.

Price on the Penon OS849 is certainly attractive, and I've always gotten fast/accurate service from them (also always great service from iBasso website as well).
my mistake, cb17 is not mmcx terminated.

is there any other alternative to compare with CB-13?? how about cb16?? the purple color look nice...

and also is there any recommendation for 3.5mm to 4.4mm or the other way round...

thanks.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back