iBasso IT04 IEM, 4 Drivers. Enjoy the Music! Release: July 2, 2018
Aug 13, 2018 at 1:38 AM Post #1,216 of 1,733
Exactly what I was looking for. Yup, the iSine 20 does require a lot of tweaking if you don't have the Cipher cable and running on iOS. Throw in that I am an audio newbie... I do like the sound, though. Quite a bit.

I listen to a lot of classical - mostly baroque and neo, Delta blues, synthwave, and heavy/prog Metal (Iron Maiden and Ghost are my most played bands). I don’t mind some emphasized bass - just not a fan of boomy bass, esp on those occasions I spin up some hip-hop.

Interesting that you find the iBasso soundstage wider than the Andromedas. I've read mostly the opposite. How do you find the comfort? I recently picked up and returned the Fiio FH5 (for reasons other than comfort), and the short nozzle was a pain. I understand the iBasso IT04s have a longer nozzle.
You must've misread my post or typed it backwards, I feel the Andromeda has a wider stage. Most in this thread think the it04 is wider... The andromeda has much more sparkle.

Also, I have the cipher cable. I don't think it deserves the praise it gets. A good quality DAP with balanced out and a decent EQ makes it sound better than that, easily, with some effort and patience. I think the DAC in the cipher really holds it back. I was really disappointed in the cipher cable, especially since I don't normally use Apple products and had to put quite a bit of effort into getting one, converting and loading files, and buying the cipher cable itself.

All in all, the comfort of the it04 is average for me. Honestly I think the tips you end up using generally have more of an impact on comfort, and unfortunately I like silicone tips with the it04, and find them to be less comfortable than foam tips. Because of the long tips though you can achieve a very good, tight seal. In general, I do find the it04 to be very easy to get along with in most aspects (including comfort and fit).

For the genres you listed I think they'd be a very good fit.

Aug 15, 2018 at 3:37 AM Post #1,217 of 1,733
What cable do you like best with IT04?

Thanks.

Hi @bahamot,

I believe I answered that, CB 13/s makes a good pairing with the IT 04 for me.
Subjectively & personally, the staging is wider & on some source material, there is added clarity but is more subtle than obvious so your mileage may vary.

Hope this answers your question.

Aug 15, 2018 at 4:44 PM Post #1,218 of 1,733
A few more notes, before my final review :)

Man, I really love this about IT04, how natural the treble is.

Many have at one point or another, called the treble of IE800 a little thin. I can see that now, IE800 has an excellent sparkle and extension, but IT04 somehow does a similar extension, while being a bit more natural in the treble.

The bass feels like it is much better now, after more burn-in, better amount and such. Might be my mind playing tricks, but like for all IEMs, I will add enough burn-in before reviewing them to avoid this little variable

Really liking this signature of IT04, I think this makes a really compelling choice right now, for anyone looking at a IEM at this price point. Going to compare to FiiO FH5 very soon as well

Aug 16, 2018 at 12:37 AM Post #1,219 of 1,733
Not sure if this is already posted but IT04 is now on Amazon US site.
upload_2018-8-15_23-36-30.png

Site Link: https://www.amazon.com/iBasso-IT04-...pID=419WmhZ9dkL&preST=_SY300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch

Aug 16, 2018 at 6:03 AM Post #1,220 of 1,733
Aug 19, 2018 at 8:01 AM Post #1,221 of 1,733
Disappointed why does it always happen to me? I purchased it direct from iBasso so it will be a pain to return it I'm sure. :frowning2:

My IT04 LHS has started to develop a crazing and cracking in the surface, it was always there but its getting worse. Anybody else have this?

Its not easy to capture on camera, but here it is.

IMG_3634.JPG IMG_3635.JPG

Aug 19, 2018 at 12:08 PM Post #1,222 of 1,733
Disappointed why does it always happen to me? I purchased it direct from iBasso so it will be a pain to return it I'm sure. :frowning2:

My IT04 LHS has started to develop a crazing and cracking in the surface, it was always there but its getting worse. Anybody else have this?

Please contact me at paul@ibasso.com and we will make this right for you.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Aug 21, 2018 at 10:12 AM Post #1,224 of 1,733

It actually appears on mine, didn’t really paid attention to it before. Will try to get a photo of it.
IMG_20180821_221503.jpg

Last edited:
Aug 21, 2018 at 10:24 AM Post #1,225 of 1,733
It actually appears on mine, didn’t really paid attention to it before. Will try to get a photo of it.

Oh sorry about that. Well it was just on a small area on mine but I'm sure it spread across the surface, which is odd. As it was minor to start with I was putting up with it, but then the surface coating chipped off on the part that aligns with the Concha as the surface defect had spread to this part. The RHS was fine though.

Paul has been helpful and has given me an RMA and address to return it to, which I have done, so fingers crossed it will be sorted out in the end.

Mine is the silver version, what version do you have? I wonder if its limited to one colour, I doubt it but you never know.

Edit: you edited and added the picture while I was replying, that is where the surface coating chipped off on mine too.

Last edited:
Aug 21, 2018 at 10:26 AM Post #1,226 of 1,733
Oh sorry about that. Well it was just on a small area on mine but I'm sure it spread across the surface, which is odd. As it was minor to start with I was putting up with it, but then the surface coating chipped off on the part that aligns with the Concha as the surface defect had spread to this part. The RHS was fine though.

Paul has been helpful and has given me an RMA and address to return it to, which I have done, so fingers crossed it will be sorted out in the end.

Mine is the silver version, what version do you have? I wonder if its limited to one colour, I doubt it but you never know.
Yup, mine is silver too.

Aug 22, 2018 at 3:36 AM Post #1,227 of 1,733
strange enough
Mine is starting to bubble up too. This bubble moves around the surface to different areas now. I'm afraid the black finish will chip like the pic above.

Aug 22, 2018 at 8:25 AM Post #1,228 of 1,733
strange enough
Mine is starting to bubble up too. This bubble moves around the surface to different areas now. I'm afraid the black finish will chip like the pic above.

In my experience it will. Considering the time these took to get to market its a shame that this has happened. I hope iBasso get to the root cause of this manufacturing issue and I hope my replacement is OK.

I will keep everybody posted on my returns experience, its been good so far.

Aug 22, 2018 at 10:31 AM Post #1,229 of 1,733
Does this happens on both sides or One in particular?

Aug 22, 2018 at 11:54 AM Post #1,230 of 1,733
Does this happens on both sides or One in particular?
i'm seeing mine bubble on both sides. I can literally move the black paint bubble around the surface :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back