iBasso IT04 IEM, 4 Drivers. Enjoy the Music! Release: July 2, 2018
Aug 22, 2018 at 12:33 PM Post #1,231 of 1,733
Does this bubbling and cracking only seem to happen on the silver version or also on the dark-blue as well?

Sidenote: I just realized that Amazon US doesn't specify which version/color they are selling to consumers for the IT04....hmm.

Aug 22, 2018 at 1:36 PM Post #1,232 of 1,733
I would have thought it would affect both colours. I only mentioned the colour as I thought it may have been a batch issue the kind of thing. Perhaps they make 100 silver and then 100 blue and during the 100 silver run something happened that affected the surface finish. All just guesswork on my part though, obviously. :)

Aug 23, 2018 at 4:49 AM Post #1,236 of 1,733
Just an update, replacement cable is on the way. Thanks heaps to @Paul - iBasso and iBasso for the support.
Another update, the replacement cable arrived! Thanks @Paul - iBasso.
Won't hesitate to buy another iBasso products in the future.
IMG_20180823_164652.jpg

Aug 24, 2018 at 6:15 AM Post #1,241 of 1,733
Do you look at them more or listen?

Bro is not about look more or listen more..

First thing first, example u purchase a new laptop , bottom of the laptop colour coating peel off after one day. Are you going be happy with it if u wan to go back exchange and the person tell u u use ur laptop or u see ur laptop more??

2nd is the outer surface coating is for protection of the iem, if the coating fall off that easy. Isit mean that the iem body is going be easy damage or scratch ???

Last edited:
Aug 24, 2018 at 6:19 AM Post #1,242 of 1,733
Do you look at them more or listen?

The sound has to be the priority but for me the surface finish was worsening, when would this stop? When all the coating had peeled off? Then I felt with all those chips and cracks it would have become a comfort issue, perhaps to a point where I couldn't wear and hear them any more.

Plus this is not a $10 disposable IEM is it.

Aug 24, 2018 at 6:22 AM Post #1,243 of 1,733
The sound has to be the priority but for me the surface finish was worsening, when would this stop? When all the coating had peeled off? Then I felt with all those chips and cracks it would have become a comfort issue, perhaps to a point where I couldn't wear and hear them any more.

Plus this is not a $10 disposable IEM is it.

Ya is not like a hairline scratch that we dun even feel it with our finger(if is hairline damage I dun even bother)..

this surface issue is something that we can feel with our finger and will slowly start to spread out..
Damage won't be stop at this 2 small patches

Aug 24, 2018 at 6:35 AM Post #1,245 of 1,733
Write to the manufacturer what do **** for that kind of money

Bro not trying to rude.... Tbh we are just wanna solve the surface issue. This iem tbh is very very good and I very happy with everything..

The comment you offering now is not trying to solve any issue.. we noe this is just some small manufacturer issue not really ibasso fault.. so please give done better suggestion to help us
Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back