iBasso IT04 IEM, 4 Drivers. Enjoy the Music! Release: July 2, 2018
Aug 4, 2018 at 12:05 AM Post #1,142 of 1,733
Just a quick one on this: I have tried IT04 on balanced with Cayin N5 mkII... great separation, stage, but such a "dry sound" I personally liked more the normal jack!
Instead, with Mojo imho indeed they might be a bit "challenged", but with an iEMatch I'd say I can enjoy them a lot! (event straight from an iFi Nano to be honest... not bad at all :D).
I personally don't much care for iematch in general, I feel it has detrimental effects on soundstage, dynamics and on distortion. The only pair I like iematch (2.5 version) with is my isine20. Bass is just wrong without it on my hiby r6. I even prefer my Andromeda without the iematch on the r6.

Aug 4, 2018 at 12:35 AM Post #1,144 of 1,733
Will these IT04 well be playing electronic trance music? Or is it better to take the SONY XBA-Z5? Need a good bass kick.

Hi @doctor 66,

I am not particularly into edm or trance though I do listen on occasion, with IT 04, there is definitely more than enough for good bass response.

Have not heard Sony XBA-Z5 so can't comment.

Hope you have a great day !

Aug 4, 2018 at 3:15 AM Post #1,145 of 1,733
I personally don't much care for iematch in general, I feel it has detrimental effects on soundstage, dynamics and on distortion. The only pair I like iematch (2.5 version) with is my isine20. Bass is just wrong without it on my hiby r6. I even prefer my Andromeda without the iematch on the r6.

I do agree to some extent if talking about the "ultra" setting, while on the"High" One I feel soundstage to be somehow"preserved".

On the other hand without It on a rig like it04 and Mojo, you would end up using Mojo Power at 15%..isn't It?

Aug 4, 2018 at 7:21 AM Post #1,148 of 1,733
I'm using Spiral Dots, most of the times, which are what I usually settle on for 90%+ of my IEMs... on these, in particular, I'm still a bit undecided, tbh, sometimes I feel like the Mandarin Symbio in wide are a bit better, or the Azla SednaEarfit. Another one which I've been using, sometimes, is one of the large Final tips, one of the ones with the wider bores (narrower than the other 3 kinds of tips I mentioned, though). I'll need some more time to come to a final conclusion.

Spiral Dots are quite good on these, really not bad at all, but on most IEMs I quickly come to realize that they sound better with SDs than with anything else, for my ears (which are quite a bit finicky, tbh). With the IT04, the jury is still out :) .

Aug 4, 2018 at 9:15 AM Post #1,150 of 1,733
I'm using Spiral Dots, most of the times, which are what I usually settle on for 90%+ of my IEMs... on these, in particular, I'm still a bit undecided, tbh, sometimes I feel like the Mandarin Symbio in wide are a bit better, or the Azla SednaEarfit. Another one which I've been using, sometimes, is one of the large Final tips, one of the ones with the wider bores (narrower than the other 3 kinds of tips I mentioned, though). I'll need some more time to come to a final conclusion.

Spiral Dots are quite good on these, really not bad at all, but on most IEMs I quickly come to realize that they sound better with SDs than with anything else, for my ears (which are quite a bit finicky, tbh). With the IT04, the jury is still out :) .
i usually stick to Spiral dots also. But I find they arent a nice secure fit on the nozzle as I would like.

Tried stock.
Final audio tips. Ortofon.

Next Symbio Mandarin wide bore .....then into my random box.

Aug 4, 2018 at 10:15 AM Post #1,151 of 1,733
i usually stick to Spiral dots also. But I find they arent a nice secure fit on the nozzle as I would like.

Tried stock.
Final audio tips. Ortofon.

Next Symbio Mandarin wide bore .....then into my random box.

You might want to give a try to the Azla SednaEarfit, maybe... I got them from Amazon Japan, and that should be easier for you (given your handle :)). I feel like they might provide a better fit, with slightly better grip, both on nozzle and on my ears, though they may come at the cost of slightly decreased treble, possibly. Still, a possibility, maybe :wink:. I have the same size for them as Spiral Dots (L, for me).

Aug 4, 2018 at 10:25 AM Post #1,152 of 1,733
Question.

What tips have people decided on?
Stock or otherwise?

Trying to find the right ones myself atm.

Thanks

Last night I put on a Small Symbio W for my right ear, and a medium for my left. Gives me a great seal.

Aug 4, 2018 at 1:42 PM Post #1,153 of 1,733
I'm currently using Spinfits. Mediums I think. And if I'm not mistaken the 3.8mm ones, which are a tight fit on the nozzle. Initially, I only used the stock wide bore silicone tips and was very pleased. I tried the Symbios and just couldn't get them to work for me. I even went down a size and while it was better, after a while it hurt a bit. I have some of the Auvios from Radio Shack that I'll probably try as well (they're on clearance again on the website for anyone who's interested). And I ordered different sizes of Spinfits and New Bee, which should be here tomorrow I think. So still tip rolling but so far I'm happy with both stock and Spinfits. Now I'm just looking for anything that brings out a little extra.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back