iBasso IT04 IEM, 4 Drivers. Enjoy the Music! Release: July 2, 2018
Aug 4, 2018 at 6:29 PM Post #1,160 of 1,733
IT04. will be well played out EDM will suffice a pressure with basses? Or the choice to make another? There is IT03 but little bass kick.

IT04 isn't the best in terms of bass quantity if you're a basshead. It really has a high quality to its bass, like the speed, which is really nice for metal and complex drum sets, but what you're looking for is probably Final Audio E5000 (?)

Aug 4, 2018 at 7:12 PM Post #1,161 of 1,733
I've purchased the new iBasso IT04 and have problem with playing it on the FiiO X7 Mk2 . There seems to be this white noise (hiss?) whenever I try to play a song from both the 3.5mm and well as the 2.5mm balanced jack . It clips/has a crackle when I start the song and then there is the slight white noise constantly until I stop playing and after about 10 seconds there is a crackle/clip again it stops . It's back again when I try to play a song - It's very slight but definitely noticeable to me .The sound does not increase with volume and it's constant . Is this because the IEMs are too sensitive or is there an issue with either my DAC or the IEM cable ? [Totally new to this hobby so I have no experience with sensitive IEMs] Any solutions ?

Aug 4, 2018 at 7:18 PM Post #1,162 of 1,733
I've purchased the new iBasso IT04 and have problem with playing it on the FiiO X7 Mk2 . There seems to be this white noise (hiss?) whenever I try to play a song from both the 3.5mm and well as the 2.5mm balanced jack . It clips/has a crackle when I start the song and then there is the slight white noise constantly until I stop playing and after about 10 seconds there is a crackle/clip again it stops . It's back again when I try to play a song - It's very slight but definitely noticeable to me .The sound does not increase with volume and it's constant . Is this because the IEMs are too sensitive or is there an issue with either my DAC or the IEM cable ? [Totally new to this hobby so I have no experience with sensitive IEMs] Any solutions ?

lol.

It's called hiss, and comes from the amp. It was always there, but now you have an IEM sensitive enough to pick it up.

Your options are limited:

1. Lower the gain setting. If it's already at Low, move to option 2.
2. Buy a quieter DAP. The Cayin N5ii has no hiss with IT04.
3. Sell IT04 and stick with less sensitive IEMs.
4. Deal with the hiss. Many people do.

Last edited:
Aug 4, 2018 at 7:24 PM Post #1,163 of 1,733
lol.

It's called hiss, and comes from the amp. It was always there, but now you have an IEM sensitive enough to pick it up.

Well said Pinky. Well said.

Aug 4, 2018 at 7:29 PM Post #1,164 of 1,733
lol.

Thanks for the reply . It most certainly is very slight and doesn't bother me but just wanted to know if I could get rid of it . Will consider switching DAPs if possible but how about adding an AMP and using the X7 as the source then ? Is that another possible solution ?

Aug 4, 2018 at 8:00 PM Post #1,165 of 1,733
Thanks for the reply . It most certainly is very slight and doesn't bother me but just wanted to know if I could get rid of it . Will consider switching DAPs if possible but how about adding an AMP and using the X7 as the source then ? Is that another possible solution ?

It is possible. However, most secondary amps are designed for POWER. Finding one that won't hiss worse than the X7 will be tricky.

I don't have enough experience with portable amps to guide you to one which meets these requirements.

Aug 4, 2018 at 8:03 PM Post #1,166 of 1,733
lol.

How about a UE Buffer Jack or an ifi IEMatch?

Aug 4, 2018 at 8:04 PM Post #1,167 of 1,733
Last edited:
Aug 4, 2018 at 11:35 PM Post #1,169 of 1,733

Are you using a default AM3a with your X7ii? I just tried IT04 with a stock cable/adaptor, and paired up with X7ii w/AM3a in high gain, and only hear a very slight hissing from higher power balanced output. Is there a specific song you are listening to or with every song? Do you hear it constantly when you turn the volume down to zero and hit play? Make sure cable is attached secure to both earpieces and plug/adapter is connected tight and all the way into the headphone socket. I do hear a slight hiss from 2.5mm output of X7ii, but not as much from 3.5mm. But either way, I tried iEMatch2.5m and it's dead quiet now.

Aug 5, 2018 at 2:16 AM Post #1,170 of 1,733
Are you using a default AM3a with your X7ii? I just tried IT04 with a stock cable/adaptor, and paired up with X7ii w/AM3a in high gain, and only hear a very slight hissing from higher power balanced output. Is there a specific song you are listening to or with every song? Do you hear it constantly when you turn the volume down to zero and hit play? Make sure cable is attached secure to both earpieces and plug/adapter is connected tight and all the way into the headphone socket. I do hear a slight hiss from 2.5mm output of X7ii, but not as much from 3.5mm. But either way, I tried iEMatch2.5m and it's dead quiet now.

Yes , I'm using it with the default AM3a module . I'm using it in low gain and I just unplugged the cables and made sure it was properly attached and tried again , looks to be the same , a hiss from both jacks . But as you've said , the balanced output definitely has more of a hiss compared to the normal one , interestingly enough - the hiss was present even with 0 volume when I tried to start a song , literally any song . The hiss alone is present with 0 volume , it's definitely very slight but It's a bit distracting . Is this because of the IEM sensitivity or something else ?
Edit: The hiss is more noticeable when I've plugged the X7 with my laptop in DAC mode .

I placed an order for the iEMatch 2.5 a few hours back , glad to hear it works with your X7 II and IT04 perfectly .

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back