iBasso IT04 IEM, 4 Drivers. Enjoy the Music! Release: July 2, 2018
Jul 22, 2018 at 6:28 PM Post #991 of 1,733
Another plus point for the IT04 is that although they sound stellar from my DX200 and through the MojoPoly they also sound very good direct through iPhone X

Jul 23, 2018 at 3:12 AM Post #992 of 1,733
Another plus point for the IT04 is that although they sound stellar from my DX200 and through the MojoPoly they also sound very good direct through iPhone X

Glad to know that since I was going ti ask about somebody else using them with the Mojo.. as I will do.
With the Mojo do you plug them straight? With my IT01 I normally use the Iematch (High Sensitivity setting).

Jul 23, 2018 at 4:22 AM Post #993 of 1,733
Glad to know that since I was going ti ask about somebody else using them with the Mojo.. as I will do.
With the Mojo do you plug them straight? With my IT01 I normally use the Iematch (High Sensitivity setting).

I use them into the MojoPoly

Jul 23, 2018 at 9:12 AM Post #994 of 1,733
Very difficult to compare for me due to their very different presentation of the sound.

IT04 hits you quite hard in regards to bass response, it's full and very detailed and you know it's there, however it's not a basshead sound, it's just alive and full of itself. The N5005 is also very detailed and when required will leave you in no doubt of it's presence however it doesn't quite hit so hard, its a bit more subtle. I wouldn't say it's inferior in it's response just different.

In your signature there is also an Etymotic ER4XR. When your time permits could you compare IT04 and Ety?

Jul 23, 2018 at 9:31 AM Post #995 of 1,733
Auditioned the 04 again for like the 5th time. I use an Onkyo DP-X1 balanced ACG. The IT04 is a beast at staging. Soundstage is very wide. Due to this the separation is very good.

Only qualm is that the IT04 lacks texture. Treble is too smoothed out for my tastes. Also the bass while being DD, does not reach that deep.

Overall a fun and balanced sound with a wicked stage. Would say it's top 3 value under $800 price range.

Subtonic Audio Cutting-edge artisanal in-ear monitors for discerning listeners. Proudly designed and manufactured in Singapore. Stay updated on Subtonic Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Subtonic.Audio https://www.instagram.com/subtonicaudio https://subtonic.audio support@subtonic.audio
Jul 24, 2018 at 8:43 AM Post #999 of 1,733
Any comparison vs CA Polaris? Wondering how both are performing vs each other
This just from memory so take it with a grain of salt.

The IT04 is noticeably clearer overall with better instrument separation. The Polaris is less detailed especially in the mids. Bass on the IT04 is tighter and better controlled. The IT04 has more treble refinement.

That's the main things I remember.

Jul 24, 2018 at 12:19 PM Post #1,000 of 1,733
It seems surreal to actually have these in my ears right now after the wait.

I've only had them in about 60 minutes, and it usually takes me a good day or two to get a real feel for the soundstage, but I can already tell instrument separation and width is very good. They sound more natural than other pairs I have, but they don't paint as vivid or dynamic of a picture as my CA Andromeda thus far. They're obviously a very good plug and play pair that doesn't have the matching problems of my Andromeda or isine20....

Jul 24, 2018 at 1:30 PM Post #1,001 of 1,733
Can you compare IT04 with your Andromeda ?

Jul 24, 2018 at 1:55 PM Post #1,003 of 1,733
Found with what to compare is ridiculous. Andromeda class is higher and sound much better. IT04 sound flat bass a little everything as it is smooth and boring.
You must have been listening to some IT04 that have been stepped on and accidentally dropped from a building because that is nothing like what I have heard. The IT04 definitely stands up to the Andromeda in bass and other areas.

Jul 24, 2018 at 2:15 PM Post #1,004 of 1,733
Lol. I was waiting for that one guy to pop in here. You know. That one guy. Always on every thread.

Probably auditioned at a store and don't own the earphone of course.

Now I can see if auditioned at a crowded storfront how the IT04 can sound. One thing that is a bit of a negative on the IT04 is that they don't isolate all that well. I find the isolation a bit below average at best but that is the trade off for the wide sound and the sonics on the IT04. Bass can drown out outdoors which can sound a bit subdued, Treble is smooth but boring I don't think so.

One remark statements like this is so insightful. At least I know where you heard it.

Jul 24, 2018 at 2:22 PM Post #1,005 of 1,733
Say iBasso IT04 is suitable for this style of music e, Trance, Deep Techno ?? Or is Campfire Audio Polaris better? Need a good bass beat!

You must be looking for a bass first iem. This is what I thought. IT04 gonna be a bit more sophisticated for your music taste. I am just saying. I would go Sony Z5 if you can get them at a reasonable price.

Another favorite of mine and absolute favorite for vocal trance is the NiceHCK HK6. Can be bought on aliexpress NiceHCK web site for $200-$220 using a "headf-ier" code.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back