iBasso IT04 IEM, 4 Drivers. Enjoy the Music! Release: July 2, 2018
Jul 20, 2018 at 9:51 PM Post #961 of 1,733
When are these going to be available in the US via amazon? Looking to add these to my collection.

I don't think there's been any announcement on that. You can always get them direct from iBasso. Very quick shipping to the US via DHL. And no tax. I got my first iBasso product from Amazon (either the DX50 or DX90) and since then I've gotten everything else direct.

Jul 20, 2018 at 10:01 PM Post #962 of 1,733
I was about to pull the trigger on the IT04 as there is a promotion ongoing here (From about USD 550 to USD 490) but then I remembered the Dunu DN2000j that was also very highly praised for being as good as the AKG K3003.

Anybody here ever heard the DN2000j? How does it compare to the IT04?

Jul 20, 2018 at 10:25 PM Post #963 of 1,733
Dunus lack treble refinement. It is extended to the point people have to mod the nozzle and such. sharp to a fault. The mid range is no where nears as good as the IT04. Bass is excellent on the Dunus but again the IT04 bass has similar tightness and even better texture in the sub bass. Everything about the IT04 is an upgrade over the DN2000J

I have the DN2000Js in their box. Waiting for someone to buy them from me for a measly $160 which is a good deal for a mint pair..

Any takers?

Jul 21, 2018 at 1:00 AM Post #965 of 1,733
Anybody here ever heard the DN2000j? How does it compare to the IT04?

It's been a while since I listened to the DN2000J. I just tried them again and have to admit they sounded a fair bit better than my memory would have me believe. Aside from the fit though, which has just never been quite right for me, I did find myself being distracted by the bass and then the treble and then the bass and so on. It's not that either is necessarily bad, but they just don't provide me with an immersive experience. There's a bit more bass with the DN2000J but it's not as well defined or controlled as with the IT04, and it's more forward. But it does lack the same impact. And for me, the treble on the DN2000J has too much sparkle at times. I listened to Hotel California (from Hell Freezes Over) with the DN2000J and the guitars just seemed like they're in the wrong place and the bass is almost overpowering. Going back to the IT04 it's definitely different. More balanced. In fact, I think the IT04 is very balanced and does a fantastic job of delivering what's there. Another track I like to test with is the title track from Porcupine Tree's Anesthetize Blu-Ray (actually Fear of a Blank Planet and Normal as well from that disc). There's a lot going on there and the DN2000J sounded good but lacked the same clarity that the IT04 delivered and actually sounded a bit muddy at times (in comparison).

It's not to say that the DN2000J aren't good because they clearly are. I just think the IT04 are in another league. And I do NOT have a mint pair of DN2000J for sale, but I do have a brand new set of Fidue A83 in the box that I could part with. :wink:

All the above is very subjective of course. And maybe somewhat source dependent. Which may be why they sounded better than I recalled. This time I was using the DX150/AMP7, which is a fantastic combination.

Jul 21, 2018 at 1:49 AM Post #966 of 1,733
It's been a while since I listened to the DN2000J. I just tried them again and have to admit they sounded a fair bit better than my memory would have me believe. Aside from the fit though, which has just never been quite right for me, I did find myself being distracted by the bass and then the treble and then the bass and so on. It's not that either is necessarily bad, but they just don't provide me with an immersive experience. There's a bit more bass with the DN2000J but it's not as well defined or controlled as with the IT04, and it's more forward. But it does lack the same impact. And for me, the treble on the DN2000J has too much sparkle at times. I listened to Hotel California (from Hell Freezes Over) with the DN2000J and the guitars just seemed like they're in the wrong place and the bass is almost overpowering. Going back to the IT04 it's definitely different. More balanced. In fact, I think the IT04 is very balanced and does a fantastic job of delivering what's there. Another track I like to test with is the title track from Porcupine Tree's Anesthetize Blu-Ray (actually Fear of a Blank Planet and Normal as well from that disc). There's a lot going on there and the DN2000J sounded good but lacked the same clarity that the IT04 delivered and actually sounded a bit muddy at times (in comparison).

It's not to say that the DN2000J aren't good because they clearly are. I just think the IT04 are in another league. And I do NOT have a mint pair of DN2000J for sale, but I do have a brand new set of Fidue A83 in the box that I could part with. :wink:

All the above is very subjective of course. And maybe somewhat source dependent. Which may be why they sounded better than I recalled. This time I was using the DX150/AMP7, which is a fantastic combination.
Superb comparison. Thanks a lot :D

Jul 21, 2018 at 3:02 AM Post #967 of 1,733
20180721_142031.jpg

Listening to these right now. While I like the faster attacks if these, the IM04 has better bass extension and texture and of course, better a more holographic soundstage with much better instrument separation.

Edit : I'm using the pink and blue filters.

Jul 21, 2018 at 3:55 AM Post #969 of 1,733
Ouch... HOW slow? :frowning2:

Jul 21, 2018 at 6:58 AM Post #971 of 1,733
If you are going to buy the IT04 from Italy, pick the slow shipping method, because it will be slow anyway. I think I will ask for a refund. Unlucky unlucky :/

Ouch... HOW slow? :frowning2:

Strange... I got mine sent though DHL, took just 2-3 days, once actually shipped (ordered on July 2nd, arrived on 6th) - very sorry that you did not experience same @Glasha :frowning2: ... on a more positive note, once you do get them I'm sure you'll like them :)

Jul 21, 2018 at 7:26 AM Post #972 of 1,733
Strange... I got mine sent though DHL, took just 2-3 days, once actually shipped (ordered on July 2nd, arrived on 6th) - very sorry that you did not experience same @Glasha :frowning2: ... on a more positive note, once you do get them I'm sure you'll like them :)
I'm sure I will enjoy the IT04 a lot =)
I don't know why the shipping method is different, maybe because I live in Sardinia. Strange, I will ask iBasso anyway :wink:

Jul 21, 2018 at 8:22 AM Post #973 of 1,733
the IM04 has better bass extension
can you explain to me how im04 can have better bass extension when the R1 has 15db boost highest at 20hz with pink filters and probably the boost continuous lower than that, that is a trend here at head fi, "ït has better extended bass" and at the same time the "worse" extended ones go under 10hz with authority

Jul 21, 2018 at 8:48 AM Post #974 of 1,733
can you explain to me how im04 can have better bass extension when the R1 has 15db boost highest at 20hz with pink filters and probably the boost continuous lower than that, that is a trend here at head fi, "ït has better extended bass" and at the same time the "worse" extended ones go under 10hz with authority
I may be mistaken but those are my honest impressions. The IM04 had a more guttural sub-bass rumble to me.

Jul 21, 2018 at 9:19 AM Post #975 of 1,733

Hi there,

I would like to refer you to a post on another thread.
It's a response to a question I asked (quoted and visible in the reply), because I was doing A/B testing between the IT03 and IT04 (which I posted about here yesterday) and also I'd posted about the R1 vs IT04.
The guy replying is a musician, very knowledgeable about bass and percussion and also doing sound engineering.
His answer is quite detailed and educational, and helps to explain the way we can analyse the bass of one IEM vs another.
I'm still reading and digesting it myself, but it has helped to make some things a bit clearer (including bass extension).

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/fli...udio-discussion.826876/page-753#post-14371349

Hope this helps!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back