iBasso IT04 IEM, 4 Drivers. Enjoy the Music! Release: July 2, 2018
Sep 4, 2018 at 10:28 PM Post #1,291 of 1,733
Music is for relaxing and also for inspiration. We take service of our products seriously so that the stress in life can be decreased, not increased. Kristy of Zeppelin & Co feels this way as do many of our distributors. It is so you can Enjoy the Music!

More detailed impressions coming, but off the top of my head >>> Great job, Paul!!! This is coming from someone who loves the sound of the AKG N5005, but you're up there with this product.

Sep 4, 2018 at 11:10 PM Post #1,292 of 1,733
I ordered a set of these Sunday. I'm coming from a pair of se535s. Can anyone compare the two?
I tried the isine20 and I had to send them back. They made too many songs sound "off".

Hi @FarmAndrex,

I don't own the SE 535 or the iSine 20 but have listened to both in demo extensively.
Personally, not a fan of either but in terms of SE 535 for various reasons, earlier build quality issues aside, personally & subjectively, comparing 535 to IT 04 is light years apart in everything but what most impresses with the IT 04 is clarity, it is among the clearest IEMs I have ever heard & own, not to mention also the most lively.

Pros
Accurate bass response
Responsive mids
Clear & well defined highs without being taxing

Cons
None really noteworthy

I have initial impressions in more detail listed on this thread several pages back by now which also may be helpful to you.

Hope you have a great day !

Sep 5, 2018 at 2:48 AM Post #1,293 of 1,733
So my IT04 came in today from a vendor on amazon. Couple of quick questions:

- Got the color question answered. It is on the box.

- What tips are most of you using? I can't wait to know how these compare to the N5005. Thanks.

Enjoy it, I certainly do.

The tips that work for me are the Comply TS-500 and the Blackbird SecureFit S30

Both of these foam tips are small size for me. I usually use a medium tip bit with these two I can use the small and still get a good seal and great comfort.

One thing I do with the tip is push it as far onto the nozzle as possible, the sound outlet is then only very slightly recessed, this doesn't compromise the highs like some foam tip installations do.
A perfect way to enjoy my music. :ksc75smile:

Sep 5, 2018 at 4:08 AM Post #1,294 of 1,733
So my IT04 came in today from a vendor on amazon. Couple of quick questions:

- Got the color question answered. It is on the box.

- What tips are most of you using? I can't wait to know how these compare to the N5005. Thanks.

For tips, I use New Bee/Spinfit (Large left, medum right) for silicone or stock small foam tips.

Sep 5, 2018 at 5:09 PM Post #1,295 of 1,733
Hi @FarmAndrex,

I don't own the SE 535 or the iSine 20 but have listened to both in demo extensively.
Personally, not a fan of either but in terms of SE 535 for various reasons, earlier build quality issues aside, personally & subjectively, comparing 535 to IT 04 is light years apart in everything but what most impresses with the IT 04 is clarity, it is among the clearest IEMs I have ever heard & own, not to mention also the most lively.

Pros
Accurate bass response
Responsive mids
Clear & well defined highs without being taxing

Cons
None really noteworthy

I have initial impressions in more detail listed on this thread several pages back by now which also may be helpful to you.

Hope you have a great day !
I hope you have a great day as well and thank you for the response.
I'll know soon enough. DHL sent me a text saying Friday. Just hope they play nice with my Kann.

Sep 8, 2018 at 4:14 AM Post #1,298 of 1,733
The IT04 has been nothing short of superb for me. Clear pretty balanced yet engaging at a decent price point. Been my go to rig recently with my DX150.

Interested to see what the DX120 brings to the table, being that I own a DX90 and love my DX150.

Sep 16, 2018 at 10:50 AM Post #1,299 of 1,733
Picked up a mint pair. They sound really really good for the price. Only issue is that the mold doesn't quite fit my ears or I haven't found the right tips yet. I have smaller Symbios but it's not working. Just ordered the larger tips so maybe it will be better. Comfy's muffle the sound for me though it's not as bad with these iems.

Need to get a good seal with these and I haven't been able to yet without holding them in my ears...lol...

Anyone else have similar issues?

Sep 19, 2018 at 12:55 AM Post #1,300 of 1,733
Well, while I'm waiting for my larger Symbios, I'm using a patched up large Symbio tip with the foam filled in (I was using it for something else) and, as expected, the IT04 has come into it's own. The seal is good. The bass is good and the highs are good. Very well balanced and is a nice fit with my Shure KSE1200 (when I don't want to lug around an amp) and my Audeze i4 (when I need isolation because these have very little). PRAT is important for me. No real weakness other than difficulty getting a good seal. Also, the shape of the earphones also doesn't quite fit my ear and is slightly uncomfortable; I have to move it around after a bit (not a real biggie). Didn't like the sound initially, almost sold it. But after around 15-20 hours, it starting getting better, especially with the large Symbio tips. I bought these used but I don't think the original owner used it more than a few hours.

Pretty happy with these IEMS - very surprised at the quality level, given the price ($499).

Sep 19, 2018 at 5:42 PM Post #1,301 of 1,733
Well, while I'm waiting for my larger Symbios, I'm using a patched up large Symbio tip with the foam filled in (I was using it for something else) and, as expected, the IT04 has come into it's own. The seal is good. The bass is good and the highs are good. Very well balanced and is a nice fit with my Shure KSE1200 (when I don't want to lug around an amp) and my Audeze i4 (when I need isolation because these have very little). PRAT is important for me. No real weakness other than difficulty getting a good seal. Also, the shape of the earphones also doesn't quite fit my ear and is slightly uncomfortable; I have to move it around after a bit (not a real biggie). Didn't like the sound initially, almost sold it. But after around 15-20 hours, it starting getting better, especially with the large Symbio tips. I bought these used but I don't think the original owner used it more than a few hours.

Pretty happy with these IEMS - very surprised at the quality level, given the price ($499).

Glad to hear you're having so much fun :)

I am also having great luck using Spinfit tips, those work magically for me

I think that IT04 is one of the few IEMs I may be able to recommend more with comply as well, since some folks may really like their detail and PRaT / Speed, but want a little less treble, Comply would totally help there. Personally, I do love the treble on IT04 though, really reaching an itch hard to scratch by other IEMs with that treble extension

Sep 20, 2018 at 1:22 PM Post #1,303 of 1,733
I known that the standard cable is very good, but what cable could be an upgrade under 100$? I would appreciate a warmish one.

Sep 20, 2018 at 1:30 PM Post #1,304 of 1,733
I known that the standard cable is very good, but what cable could be an upgrade under 100$? I would appreciate a warmish one.
JMHO, but I don't think there's a better cable available under $100. Keep in mind that cables change tonality by filtering -- to be warmer, the cable is reducing signal at higher frequencies.

Sep 20, 2018 at 5:46 PM Post #1,305 of 1,733

I don't know if there's any cable bellow 100 USD I can recommend as better sonically.

I know that some OFC cables are darn nice, and you generally want a copper cable for more warmth, but under 100 USD, I am not sure what to recommend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back