iBasso IT04 IEM, 4 Drivers. Enjoy the Music! Release: July 2, 2018
Jul 18, 2018 at 10:43 PM Post #886 of 1,733
Any direct comparisons to the RIP Havi B3 Pro 1, if any of you guys still have that thing, alive?
I still cannot get that sound, and definitely not willing to pay $2000+ if there actually is a thing that sounds exactly like it.

One of my regrets is not comparing that thing to the SE846 directly, back-to-back, both on a Mojo and an iFi, any iFi.

Jul 18, 2018 at 10:46 PM Post #887 of 1,733
Try out the N5ii with the IT04 better yet with a silver cable it is astounding.

Is the IT04 THAT good with Cayin N5ii and a pure silver cable?

I am very close to purchasing a IT04 as Cayin N5ii is my DAP and I have a balanced pure silver Litz MMCX cable ready.

Also, is there any hissing with the IT04? The IT01 hisses badly with my Cayin N5ii.

Jul 18, 2018 at 10:54 PM Post #888 of 1,733
Any direct comparisons to the RIP Havi B3 Pro 1, if any of you guys still have that thing, alive?
I still cannot get that sound, and definitely not willing to pay $2000+ if there actually is a thing that sounds exactly like it.

One of my regrets is not comparing that thing to the SE846 directly, back-to-back, both on a Mojo and an iFi, any iFi.

IT04s are in a different stratosphere over the Havis imho. As they should be for the cost. I only wish there was a $50 earphone that sounded like a $500 IT04. Lol. That would be something.

I am very close to purchasing a IT04 as Cayin N5ii is my DAP and I have a balanced pure silver Litz MMCX cable ready.

Also, is there any hissing with the IT04? The IT01 hisses badly with my Cayin N5ii.

No hiss, That is surprising you hearing hiss with your IT01. I haven't noticed any obvious hiss on my pair. As far as I know I haven't heard any on the IT04 either..

Really is all your gonna need for high fidelity on the go.

For guys that want to know what silver cables I am using. Aliexpress is your friend. Search out silver cables. You will be glad you did.

Last edited:
Jul 18, 2018 at 11:01 PM Post #889 of 1,733
For guys that want to know what silver cables I am using. Aliexpress is your friend. Search out silver cables. You will be glad you did.

Order placed. Now the wait begins. It'll be interesting to hear the difference.

Jul 18, 2018 at 11:09 PM Post #890 of 1,733

The only hissing I hear with the N5ii is the hissing present in the tracks. On tracks with no hiss or silent tracks the N5ii is pitch black.

Jul 18, 2018 at 11:40 PM Post #892 of 1,733
Do let us know the results :)

Will do. I'm already very impressed with the resolution of the IT04. And the stock cable (CB12s) is fantastic.

Last edited:
Jul 19, 2018 at 1:12 AM Post #893 of 1,733
@Paul - iBasso Would you be kind and let me know if any of your authorised retailers stocking these up in Bangkok?

Jul 19, 2018 at 2:56 AM Post #894 of 1,733
I ordered my IT04 early on Monday 16th. I'm impressed with the tracking information on the DHL website. I've already paid the £3.33 VAT charge DHL requested, but the package probably won't arrive until Monday according the the tracking. Still one week from China to the UK isn't too bad I suppose.

Jul 19, 2018 at 3:09 AM Post #895 of 1,733
I ordered my IT04 early on Monday 16th. I'm impressed with the tracking information on the DHL website. I've already paid the £3.33 VAT charge DHL requested, but the package probably won't arrive until Monday according the the tracking. Still one week from China to the UK isn't too bad I suppose.

My IT04 turned up out of the blue a couple of days early. Tracker was showing Tuesday but they came on the Thursday before, that was ordering on a Sunday.

Jul 19, 2018 at 3:47 AM Post #896 of 1,733
I ordered last week, I live in Europe but the tracking is stuck, maybe I should contact iBasso, I don't know XD

Jul 19, 2018 at 4:40 AM Post #897 of 1,733
Second thought.

Does the CB12s come with an adapter that actually allow to use IT04 also on normal 3.5 jacks, correct?

I knew this could possibly lead to problems on the amp side, am I wrong?

Last edited:
Jul 19, 2018 at 5:35 AM Post #898 of 1,733
Is there anywhere I can get the IT04 without the cables?
Yes, but you'll be charged for taking the cable off the box. You can do it yourself for free :wink:

Jul 19, 2018 at 6:53 AM Post #899 of 1,733
IT04s are in a different stratosphere over the Havis imho. As they should be for the cost. I only wish there was a $50 earphone that sounded like a $500 IT04. Lol. That would be something.

No hiss, That is surprising you hearing hiss with your IT01. I haven't noticed any obvious hiss on my pair. As far as I know I haven't heard any on the IT04 either..

Really is all your gonna need for high fidelity on the go.

Cool. Coolcoolcool.
I'm considering unsubbing from this thread and re-joining in 2 months or so, after I heard the IT04s myself. You know, to spare myself from spoilers etc. One thing I'm afraid of is hiss. It's a weird thing.

UERR: 35Ω, No hiss. Nada, squat, zilch. Deafening sound of silence
UE7 Pro: 17.5Ω, hissy-fit pokémonster!
SE846 (white filter): 8~9Ω, loudest hiss out of all filters, but not as bad as UE7
InEar PP8: 34Ω, veerry slight hiss, didn't expect that. I assumed it will be totally black background
ASG-1Plus: 11Ω, SILENCE

What a conundrum. Silence on ASG-1Plus, annoying hiss on UE7, a higher impedance IEM.
I seriously hope my E17K doesn't spaz out with the 16Ω IT04s.

Jul 19, 2018 at 9:14 AM Post #900 of 1,733
I havent had any issue with hiss at all on my IT04. If you read twisters review on the IT04 he doesn't mention any hiss either. I haven't read any impressions of any of the current owners haveing any issue with hiss.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back